UK Vogue March 2010 : Alexa Chung by Alasdair McLellan

^ sadly I have to admit with you... I'm not Raquel's first fan, but she can produce such a good work that I think this ed is quite an insult...

Freja's ed is amazing, love the colors and the styling.
And I love Raquel but her ed is just sad.

I finally got chance to see a copy, and usually scans don't capture the actual decency of the real content, but this was the entire opposite, most of the editorials were awful. Tim Walker's work looked exquisite as scans, but was empty on the printed page. For me, Freja's was the high point and I'm not even a fan. The rest of the shoots were so-so, fillers from my standpoint, nothing that notable.

And this is the second issue in a row that UK Vogue has nothing much to offer me (other than the thrill of seeing new ads. Like I said yesterday, I just wish they'd give more money to Tim Walker and really let him loose, so he could produce editorials worth looking at. Either that, or bring on some new names and nurture their work. They need photographers and contributors operating at the height of their powers, that make you turn to the magazine, knowing that you'll see some exciting content that you can't get elsewhere.

Ah well, it was four quid saved, to spend on another magazine, and I have hopes for the April issue.

It's already out in the Philippines, BUFFINI. But sadly, it was out of stock

Not too bad an issue overall. But just wish UK Vogue would use more different models in their eds. Kinda sick of Nadia on their cover and/or eds so often! UK Vogue should use more quirky, off-the-centre, weird-looking models with characters, e.g. Twiggy, Kate Moss, Stella Tennant, Karen Elson, Erin o'Connor, Lily Cole...... After all London fashion is all about Brit eccentricity and fun, and that should come through on a "fashion bible" like Vogue! Hear me out Shulman!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This time Tim Walker bores me, especially the background...its's so fake...

Boot Camp

Model : Raquel Zimmermann
Photographer : Nick Knight

DNA Models via ThiagoMello

I think the Raquel's ed is sad, but she looks stunning. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->