Vogue Paris November 2011 : Arizona Muse by Inez & Vinoodh

Honestly, this whole over color saturation/tint thing with the editorials is an eyesore. It's enough to turn me away from VP for good.

Are you sure we're allowed to share images like that, especially when they're from sites like zinio where you have to pay to see the magazine?

Typically you're safe as long as you credit the agency. Went through that with Conde Nast. Pulled all their content from a site only to find out, they were perfectly fine as long as we gave them credit! :doh:

I like most of the editorials, especially Nevermind, but that cover does nothing for me :unsure: i don't get a VP vibe at all, and it just doesn't look great, imo.

Never judge an issue from storemag's previews. I've found the editorial images are softer and more visually appealing - not as saturated. Most especially with Mario Sorrenti's story, Natasha and Sasha are breathtaking. Cover Girls by Inez & Vinoodh is just as mesmerizing in print too, I adore Natasha's two photos, and Karolina wearing Hermès. Not to mention the Zoom section, which never fails to come alive on paper. Vogue Paris continues to be one of the best books in the business.

^Totally agree. I wonder why the digital version isn't as great as the print one.
I absolutely adored this issue.

For the past two issues, I've really liked a lot of what I've seen in the magazine, but for all that, none of the content has been compelling enough to make me buy it - it's become a beautiful, high-class catalogue that pleases my eye but doesn't truly captivate me. I'm still waiting for the issue that'll seduce me into getting it.

I got this issue today and as always the actual images are much better in real life than in pdf. Having said this, the only things I loved about this issue were Malgosia's beauty ed, Magdalena's ed and Raquel's ed. Everything else fell flat for me which is quite the accomplishment considering this issue is packed with some of favorite models (Raquel, Natasha, Sasha, Lara). The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that it's become too commercial and while everything is pretty that just isn't enough for me to make the editorials truly iconic and arresting.

The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that it's become too commercial and while everything is pretty that just isn't enough for me to make the editorials truly iconic and arresting.

Why does everything need to be "iconic"? I don't really understand that line of thinking about fashion these days. It takes years for something or someone to become iconic. No editorial from a November 2011 issue of anything is going to be iconic now. :lol:

Why does everything need to be "iconic"? I don't really understand that line of thinking about fashion these days. It takes years for something or someone to become iconic. No editorial from a November 2011 issue of anything is going to be iconic now. :lol:
I should have been a little bit more specific. What I meant was that all the editorials might be beautiful, to me they look lifeless and without substance. And by iconic I didn't mean now, I meant that in 10 years I won't even remember them, that they don't really make an impression to me and they don't make me excited or dreaming of another world.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't really tell about this issue, coz to b sincere i don't really remember anything. i think i remember natasha poly all-perfectly-and-beautifully white pimped and dressed
in Harlem (with black culture references all over the place). which was odd.
a very pathetic jump jump kriss kross 90s couture editorial with Raquel. Not a good shopping, nor casting.
Probabbly the best editorials in this issue were the ones that consist upon zero effort. the 'cool' and 'grunge' attitude of Alt (Sasha+Natasha), and the parisian chic roitfeld touch (with Magda? ; these editorials for young voguettes).

but it's already under a pile of other newspaper and stuff. coz yes: "it's become a beautiful, high-class catalogue that pleases (sometimes) my eye but doesn't truly captivate me." though their "texts" orientation's become a little more present in the art direction. and they have Philippe Dagen (art critic from Le Monde, and writer) for a paper. Hopefully, they will focus a little more on texts.

all i can say is: this is one of the BEST VP cover in a long time. Everytime, i see this cover on the streets, it really sunny up my day (coz paris' grey, those days).

Well, for my part I'm really pleased with this issue, best magazine I've bought in months. And I never get tired of looking to that "Nevermind" ed, best ed I've seen in a long long time, maybe it's because it's was a teen of the "grunge" years, but the use of colour, the mood, the Winter beach, is absolutely perfect. And come on, how superior is the writing compared to other Vogues?
I agree that Emmanuelle's direction has been a bit of a hit and miss, there is still something a bit incoherent about her vision, but there are always some gems to be found.

I really adore the eds of Magdalena, Lara and Eniko. They are beautiful. The others...eh. Not so much. The cover is very lacklustre. Thank you visualoptimism for providing the editorials!

does anyone have the pdf file? thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->