UK Vogue March 2013 : Cara Delevingne by Mario Testino

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
HQ Cover:

CARA DELEVINGNE has landed her debut British Vogue cover. The British-born model, renowned for her blend of fun-loving personality and captivating beauty - not to mention those eyebrows - graces the March issue.

"Being asked to do a British Vogue cover - I didn't really believe it at first. I think it's something that as a kid you look up to so much," she said. "It's one of the most shocking things that has ever happened to me I think. I just stood back and had to get someone to pinch me. I was like: 'What's going on?' I couldn't believe it."

At just 20 years old, Delevingne has already starred in campaigns for Burberry, Chanel and DKNY, and appeared on more catwalks over the past few seasons than we'd dare attempt to count. The model has also dipped her toe in the acting pool, featuring in the recent adaptation of Anna Karenina alongside Keira Knightley.

"It doesn't really sink in until you actually see it, that cover, that actual magazine, Vogue - it's so great," she said. "Especially the March issue, it's the big fashion issue, so it's going to be pretty amazing. I'm going to run out of the shop with 20 in my hands, going: 'Oh my God, this is me! Oh my God!'"

vogue.co.uk

The layout is awful! But Cara looks nice.

I just don't see the fuss in Cara at all. Can someone please enlighten me?

i find her to be very annoying but she looks good here. the cover is a mess though.

Review;

Chasing Cara (7p)

Model; Cara Delevinge
Photographer; Mario Testino
Stylist; Lucinda Chambers
Hair; Sam McKnight
Make-up; Charlotte Tilbury

Cut To The Chase (12p)

Model; Iselin Steiro
Photographer; Craig McDean
Stylist; Jane How
Hair; Sam McKnight
Make-up; Lucia Pieroni

Orient Express (14p)

Model(s); Sui He, Sung Hee Kim, Ji Hye Park and Fei Fei Sun
Hair; Sam McKnight
Make-up; Linda Cantello

Theatre Royal (6p)

Helen Mirren by Boo George
Stylist; Verity Parker
Hair; Tina Outen
Make-up; Lotten Holmqvist

In Glorious Mono (12p)

Model; Rosie Tapner
Photographer; Alasdair McLellan
Stylist; Francesca Burns
Hair; Anthony Turner
Make-up; Lucia Pica

Come As You Are (12p)

Model(s); Meghan Collison & Juliana Schurig
Photographer; Josh Olins
Stylist; Clare Richardson
Hair; Shon
Make-up; Sally Branka

The issue has 420 pages.

Orient Express (14p)

Hair; Sam McKnight
Make-up; Linda Cantello

Classy Alexandra :rolleyes:. They say prejudice (to put it lightly) doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks for the review though Chanelcouture09 :flower:.

The title of Testino's ed sounds cringe-worthy. Excited about McDean's ed. It's nice that he's backshooting for Vogue UK, if only for the big issues.

You know why there have been around ten threads for this cover? Because they want to avoid the negative comments, that's why! :judge:

Ew, the title of that editorial is incredibly off-putting. The models in that editorial are fantastic, so I'm sure they brought their A-game, but clearly the editors didn't bring it while choosing a title. I know we haven't seen the editorial yet but still, was that really necessary to call it Orient Express? Especially since it's the only editorial even featuring asian models.

Okay, now onto the actual cover, I think it's pretty decent, Cara looks really great. And I like the strong use of colors, it makes the cover pop.

Maybe too much is being read into it without it having been seen. Are they perhaps onboard The Orient Express or something in it...?

I like the cover and the edits & casts look promising.

It's really annoying me that some of her shots recently have been really good haha. Like her LOVE bathtub pose, and I quite like this cover. The composition is well thought out, I think the indigo background is visually appealing and her pose isn't too OTT (which I thought she'd instantly go to). She's not my favourite model, but nevertheless, this is a solid cover.

Can't wait for Boo George's edit, his aesthetic fits so beautifully with Vogue. And of course Josh Olins is working with Meghan Collison again! Craig McDean's shoot looks to be stellar, I loved Iselin in French Vogue

Last edited by a moderator:
In Glorious Mono (12p)

Model; Rosie Tapner
Photographer; Alasdair McLellan
Stylist; Francesca Burns
Hair; Anthony Turner
Make-up; Lucia Pica

Facebook/Storm Model Management

Orient Express (14p)

Hair; Sam McKnight
Make-up; Linda Cantello

The edit is actually called 'Orient Excess' and the write up is -

'Spring's potent taste for the East is a fusion of traditional costume with twenty-first century glamour. The upshot? Highly charged eveningwear with eroticism to the fore.'

It all looks like it's meant to be in a Shanghai hotel or something, reminds me of an old Armani campaign. I don't know if Orient Excess and the write up make it any better for anyone...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->