UK Vogue March 2024 by Steven Meisel

finally his last issue good riddance can‘t wait to never seeing his work again

Also - I need to add that I am so sick of this culture of disproportionate fanfare for everything.

A LEGENDARY ISSUE!!! A MONUMENTAL FAREWELL!! 50 GROUNDBREAKING WOMEN ALL TOGETHER!!! ONCE AND A LIFETIME!!! Ok…it’s hideous, though!

You know what was actually legendary? A random and forgotten about April issue of Vogue Italia circa 2002.

That’s maybe what I hated most about Edward’s tenure as EIC - all talk, no walk.

I will always be a huge Meisel fan, but this is god awful. Why bother getting him to shoot this photo other than to flex when the outcome is so mediocre. The casting is beyond banal and whilst I've found Meisel's bias or disdain for certain models/celebrities petty at times, this makes me realise I didn't want to see the likes of Cara shot by him again...

I've tried to defend some of Edward's good "initiatives" over the past six years, e.g. cleaning out the stench of Caucasian toff from Alex's mediocre reign but the last couple of years in particular have given absolutely nothing, as you all say. Glad this era is finally over.

You all get a Vogue cover!

Of all farewell issues, Carine Roitfeld's remain untouchable.

I am not excited about the cover or photo shoot. It is too dull for my taste but the women do look beautiful. However, I am curious to see the rest of the fashion editorials inside of the issue.

So, off of the top of my head, the former cover stars that aren't included in this shoot (and dodged a bullet) are as follows:

Gisele
Beyoncé
Taylor Swift
Ariana Grande
Rihanna
Naomi Scott
Dame Judi Dench
Miriam Margoyles

*Timotheé Chalamet (the only solo male cover star, so he wouldn't have been included here anyway)

Interesting.

When was the last time Kate Moss was photographed by Meisel?

The cover is a photoshop disaster and super random, but at the same time kind of iconic already 👀

¿Cuándo fue la última vez que Meisel fotografió a Kate Moss?

La portada es un desastre de Photoshop y súper aleatoria, pero al mismo tiempo ya es algo icónica 👀
Versace Jeans ad 1999

So, off of the top of my head, the former cover stars that aren't included in this shoot (and dodged a bullet) are as follows:

Gisele
Beyoncé
Taylor Swift
Ariana Grande
Rihanna
Naomi Scott
Dame Judi Dench
Miriam Margoyles

*Timotheé Chalamet (the only solo male cover star, so he wouldn't have been included here anyway)

Interesting.
Madonna.

Proof that his era still doesn't represent anything new. He is still tied to the old guards.

Got confused when I first saw this. It’s his last cover and it looks so forgettable and so pedestrian. I’m a Meisel fan and I certainly think he could do better than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->