UK Vogue October 2019 : Kaia Gerber by Steven Meisel

And I know that sometimes we feel like the general censorship of our era can have an impact on Meisel’s creativity but let’s not act like every issue of VI was about a controversial topic. He also did pure fashion stories that were wonderful, full of humor and glamour.

Edward’s Vogue doesn’t reflect « what’s British »...
Anna’s Vogue is very American...On a certain way, but it is.
Alt’s Vogue is very Paris...for better or for worse...
Edward’s Vogue is a mash-up but it doesn’t stand out in personality... And o always feel like his magazine champion more American designers than British designers.

Review - 288 Pages.

KAIA
Cover Star: Kaia Gerber
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Joe McKenna
6 Photos

A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT

Model: Hailey Bieber
Photographer: Matt Easton
Stylist: Dena Giannini
11 Photos

BRING IT ON HOME
Model: Binx Walton
Photographer: Juergen Teller
Stylist: Poppy Kain
19 Pages

ANGLOMANIA!
Model: Rianne van Rompay
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
9 Photos (...you guessed it, a Vogue Paris reprint!)

+ The Subscribers cover is just the same shot as the newsstand but with less text!

You're forgetting Vanity Fair France. A shared cover with W and Vanity Fair France, of all editions.

How on earth did a reprint made it's way into the top 4??? Blimey!
And I know I won't like the Teller shoot. Will he make Binx wear his jogger shorts again? Creepy.

You're forgetting Vanity Fair France. A shared cover with W and Vanity Fair France, of all editions.

How on earth did a reprint made it's way into the top 4??? Blimey!

The power of Emmanuelle Alt. Clearly this was pitched to Edward and was planned a long time ago. The October issue of UK had already been closed long before Vogue Paris’ September issue was even released. It is impossible for them to see the editorial on August 28 (VP release), secure the rights to reprint, renumber the pages, print and release on September 5.

Exclusivity is clearly not an issue for Edward.

What I don’t get is, he issued a SEPTEMBER Issue with barely any fashion story, but released an October issue with 3 original editorials, but felt the need to reprint one more. Choices.

Emmanuelle clearly is good with her networking skills. When she was appointed at Vogue Paris, Anna published a piece about her in her Vogue. Was there any other editor who got that treatment? None.

Now Emmanuelle’s own work found its way on the pages of UK Vogue which is technically in publication at the same time.

I love Binx so i’m Happy for her...
LOL at Alt having her first credit on Vogue UK...A new low for Edward.
The irony of that « British » ed is that it mainly feature French brands.

When I tell you that Edward’s magazine doesn’t have any identity...This is the second time he is using a reprint from another CN publication.

Even Emmanuelle with her predictable magazine has never used a reprint from Vogue UK.

Historically, those magazines speaks to two different audiences.

Can't believe they only published 6 pictures in Kaia's editorial but gave us 20 pages of disastrous combination of Juergen x Binx. And Hailey?? What is this? Ew.
Won't even comment on the reprint editorial...

What a shame to see a reprint being used, and Hailey, oh lord! Give me a break, same for Teller! Just getting this issue for the cover, basically!

Thanks for the review.

^ I don't even know if it's really worth it reading that review. Shocking that a reprint is being issued in UK Vogue, especially one that promotes such a cliche and fake vision of London IMO.

Since Hailey's editorial is obviously inspired by Lady Di, I don't get the complains about its being reprinted in UK. And it's not as bad as celebrity shoot shared with W was.

Since Hailey's editorial is obviously inspired by Lady Di, I don't get the complains about its being reprinted in UK. And it's not as bad as celebrity shoot shared with W was.

It's not Hailey's editorial that's being reprinted, it's Rianne's London cover story.

A River Runs Through It
Model: Hailey Bieber
Photographer: Matt Easton
Stylist: Dena Giannini

IMG_7341.jpg IMG_7342.jpg IMG_7343.jpg IMG_7345.jpg IMG_7346.jpg IMG_7344.jpg IMG_7347.jpg IMG_7348.jpg IMG_7349.jpg
UK Vogue Digital Edition

Bring It On Home
Model: Binx Walton
Photographer: Juergen Teller
Stylist: Poppy Kain

IMG_7403.jpg IMG_7356.jpg IMG_7355.jpg IMG_7354.jpg IMG_7357.jpg IMG_7358.jpg IMG_7359.jpg IMG_7360.jpg IMG_7361.jpg IMG_7362.jpg
UK Vogue Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JordanKefiell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->