UK Vogue - The Cover Archive

A lot of thematic covers yet again, love it! No more blank wall backdrops. The best for me was Dakota, Edie, Catherine, Renee, Cara and Lily. But my absolute favourite one is Cara's cover. I instantly preserved it with sticky covering when I got it. Still feel Gigi's cover looks really cheap because of the clothes, Rihanna's one bad due to the dream-like shadow, and Kate, Emily and Alicia just downright dull and forgettable. Alicia's especially was such a dissapointment in person and possibly the worst. Zero presence!

I'm very impressed that we've had a whopping 7 debuts this year, that's quite a record for this magazine!

Best: Gigi - that smile! This is what a Vogue cover should look like. Chic and inviting.
Better: Kate Middleton - definitely a treat. Although the styling could have been better
Good: Victoria - less the pose
Bad: Alicia - dated. yikes.
Worst: Dakota - what were they thinking? The caption contradicts the image.

As noted by Benn98, it's so nice to see only 2 studio covers. 2015 had 7 studio covers.

But my absolute favourite one is Cara's cover. I instantly preserved it with sticky covering when I got it.

I'm glad you liked it that much.

Looking back over the covers, none of them really appealed to me, although I liked the freshness of Gigi's cover for January, and the autumnal colour of Victoria Beckham's. But I almost feel bad about not being impressed with the covers for 2016, because there was a lot of variety in the choices.

British Vogue haven't exactly had the worst year when it comes to covers, but considering 2016 was the year of their centenary edition, I'm disappointed they didn't take far more greater risks when it came to design and innovation. They kept everything far too safe and one note - just like every other year.

Nevertheless looking back, Victoria Beckham's October cover is my favorite (as I thought it would be), followed by Edie Campbell's March cover and then Gigi's because I was amazed UK Vogue scored her at an early stage.

This was an actually good year, cover wise, for them! LOVE Sept & October, but really not into Alicia's! Overall a bit too much celeb covers, but they had far worse years!

January: Ashley Graham by Patrick Demarchelier
February: Imaan Hammam, Taylor Hill and Anna Ewers by Patrick Demarchelier
March: Gigi Hadid by Mario Testino
April: Kate Moss by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
May: Amber Valletta by Lachlan Bailey
June: Alexa Chung by Mario Testino
July: Carolyn Murphy by Inez & Vinoodh
August: Mica Argañaraz by Craig McDean
September: Jean Campbell, Edie Campbell, Nora Attal, Kate Moss and Stella Tennant by Mario Testino
October: Zoë Kravitz by Alasdair McLellan
November: Claire Foy by Craig McDean
December: Adwoa Aboah by Steven Meisel

vogue.co.uk

+1 July 2017 (not sure if this is a real cover)

Inez & Vinoodh

^ It is/was real cover mostly sold at the international market.

Such a dull year. The only issue I got was July with Carolyn (not counting the Gigi's I've gave away cause it was useless). I'm still in a dilemma should I get me the December issue. I like the cover but it isn't to die for. Last year I bought only 3 issues: January with Gigi, October with Victoria and November with Emily Blunt and now I'm having high expectations for 2018.

Yes, very dull indeed. It could as well be Glamour covers... The december cover really stands out. At least it screams Vogue, Srdjan I'd get it if I was you. First one of a new era ^_^

WOW! that December cover is so uplifting compared to the others...

One can tell that December is the odd one out, but I still think Mica Arganaraz had the best cover this year. That's literally the only one which I'm sold on. The rest all feel a bit played out. Alexa and Ashley had the worst imo, and I don't like Claire's image for a cover.

One aspect I do like about the new Vogue is the side text layout. He should leave the wole different font spiel for Dutch Vogue though.

Looking at all Alex's covers, it's almost impossible to believe that they were all under the same EIC. It's so inconsistent: From good to cheesy to simply boring/lackluster.

It's even more disturbing considering the way she used to choose her cover. It was really obvious in 2016: the huge gap between Rene and Cara's covers is insane!

It's even more disturbing considering the way she used to choose her cover. It was really obvious in 2016: the huge gap between Rene and Cara's covers is insane!

It shows lack of confidence more than anything. Renee's cover probably lured some of Harper's older readers, while Cara many of Elle's younger ones.

february and april are underrated

One can tell that December is the odd one out, but I still think Mica Arganaraz had the best cover this year. That's literally the only one which I'm sold on. The rest all feel a bit played out. Alexa and Ashley had the worst imo, and I don't like Claire's image for a cover.

One aspect I do like about the new Vogue is the side text layout. He should leave the wole different font spiel for Dutch Vogue though.
I love you Benn! You're my fave :heart:

January: Taylor Swift by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
February: Margot Robbie & Nicole Kidman by Juergen Teller
March: Gigi Hadid & Bella Hadid by Steven Meisel
April: Gugu Mbatha-Raw by Mikael Jansson
May: Vittoria Ceretti, Halima Aden, Adut Akech, Faretta Radic, Paloma Elsesser, Radhika Nair, Yoon Young Bae, Fran Summers & Selena Forrest by Craig McDean
June: Cara Delevingne by Steven Meisel
July: Ariana Grande by Craig McDean
August: Oprah Winfrey by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
September: Rihanna by Nick Knight
October: Beckham family by Mikael Jansson
November: Fran Summers by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
December: Adut Akech, Stella Tennant, Saffron Vadher & Primrose Archer by Steven Meisel

vogue.co.uk

Ever since someone mentioned that all British Vogue's covergirls look over their shoulders it's impossible to unsee, lol.

My favourite cover is Cara, Saffron, Fran and Taylor. Worst must be Nicole & Margot, Rihanna, the Beckhams, Adut and Primrose.

He seriously need to tone down the digital backdrops. It's getting old, this is not W.

Cara and Fran had the best covers!
Bella & Gigi are the definition of tragic!

Gigi and Cara by Meisel, the best. Nicole and the Becks are fashion tragedy, Oprah is out of place here, but not that bad, is a nice portrait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->