UK Vogue - The Cover Archive

They've not had the best year for covers. My top faves are sadly the 3 Americans: Kate, Christy and Taylor. Quite liked Rosamund's cover as well. I'm very anxious to see how the Nigella fared on the newsstands. This was quite a coup for them. That image was all over the press at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
2014 is nothing compared to 2013. I loved Daria's, Nigella's, Christy's, Kate's (May), Kate Upton's and Taylor's!

January: Freja Beha Erichsen by Alasdair McLellan
February: Jourdan Dunn by Patrick Demarchelier
March: Gisele Bündchen by Mario Testino
April: Georgia May Jagger, Cara Delevingne & Suki Waterhouse by Mario Testino
May: Emilia Clarke by Paolo Roversi
June: Anna Ewers by Patrick Demarchelier
July: Stella Tennant by Craig McDean
August: Lara Stone by Mario Testino
September: Emma Watson by Josh Olins
October: Sienna Miller by Mario Testino
November: Léa Seydoux by Craig McDean
December: Karlie Kloss by Patrick Demarchelier

vogue.co.uk & wearesodroee.com

I'm gonna have to go with Gisele even though I like Sienna's cover too. To me Gisele's is a throwback to Britsh Vogue's better days when you could expect a supermodel on the cover in a more sultry shot than US Vogue. It could easily be from 2003 but in this case I like that.

Freja is probably my favorite cover and Karlie my least...

Not been a good year for covers now has it? Not one of them stands out, they're all meh. :mellow:

Best: Gisele - A return to form! This is the UK Vogue I know.
Better: Lara, Anna & Jourdan - The better ones from their new direction.
Good: Georgia, Cara & Suki - It could have been worse.
Bad: Emilia - That hair is unforgivable. Unforgivable.
Worst: Karlie - It stands out because it's the worst. My goodness. How amateur can that cover get? The color scheme, the lighting, the effects... It's beyond laughable. And here I am saying that it's worse than Emilia when in fact I read that cover to filth when it came out.

Overall, it has been an okay year for them. They're obviously down year on year (cover and content wise). I am seeing no signs of improvement.

Another lackluster year for UK Vogue!

I think the standouts are Gisele, Freja and Léa. The worst is for sure Karlie's and that is sad because December usually brings the best of the year.

With every cover I actually see quite an improvement. Except May and September, which was the worst imo. There's a mood to each of those shots which sets the one cover apart from the next. The best for me is Freja, Anna, Lara, Sienna and Léa. If it wasnt for Karlie's awkward pose, December too could have been a home run. Do you guys remember when all their covers looked the same? Not this year! Hope they'll continue with this trend! Interesting titbit, six of the covers features British subjects. All relevant, whether we like them or not. What's not to like?

Actually not a bad year for them. Looking back, it surprises me how many covers i like, September was such a huge let down, even Dec is better than that!

Giselle, Anna and Sienna were great covers. A lot of people didn't like Emma's but I thought it was strong. Congratulations to Jourdan.

There was WAY too much reliance on pink and red colour schemes this year. Worst for me is Emilia's and Karlie's unfortunately.

Vogue UK is very boring, but they balanced models and celebrities quite well.

By the way, this message is for mods and admins: As I said before, many of us miss the anual polls! I think they are compatible with the tiffies, as we choose the best cover of each edition, not in general. And we can see which the other faves are and which covers we think are the worst. Plus, the timing of the tiffies is not very accurate (the nominations are done before all the covers are released) and with the polls we would add a little bit of fun to the forums, which is quite needed, no?

We all know Vogue UK is quite a boring/commercial edition so I really appreciate the fact that they show a lot of models.
Also, this was quite a good year. Gisele's, Sienna's, Emma's and Freja's covers are lovely, Anna's and Lara's are good as well. The only one I dislike it December.

And I agree with Creative, a poll would be fun.

By the way, this message is for mods and admins: As I said before, many of us miss the anual polls! I think they are compatible with the tiffies, as we choose the best cover of each edition, not in general. And we can see which the other faves are and which covers we think are the worst. Plus, the timing of the tiffies is not very accurate (the nominations are done before all the covers are released) and with the polls we would add a little bit of fun to the forums, which is quite needed, no?

Totally agree with this. A poll would give a more clearer scope for certain editions. There will be talk of bandwidth, I'm sure, but maybe we can narrow it down to just a few top magazines, surely.

January: Gigi Hadid by Patrick Demarchelier
February: Dakota Johnson by Alasdair McLellan
March: Edie Campbell by Mario Testino
April: Rihanna by Craig McDean
May: Kate Moss by Craig McDean
June: Kate Middleton (aka The Duchess of Cambridge) by Josh Olins
July: Renée Zellweger by Patrick Demarchelier
August: Alicia Vilkander by Alasdair McLellan
September: Cara Delevingne by Mario Testino
October: Victoria Beckham by Lachlan Bailey
November: Emily Blunt by Josh Olins
December: Lily-Rose Depp by Bruce Weber

vogue.co.uk via Oxymore, burbuja8910 & zzzyao76, facebook.com/britishvogue, instagram.com/britishvogue via IndigoHomme, twitter.com/FashionweekNYC via IndigoHomme, thefashionspot.com & wearesodroee.tumblr.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Some covers were nice this year. My favs are Cara, Gigi, Rihanna, Kate M, Emily and Lily.

And how nice it was to have Kate Middelton on the cover? That's something I always wanted and I'm glad Alexandra had the balls to do it :lol:

Kinda eh, this year, but my top 3 are def Rihanna, Cara and Kate M!

The best covers in my opinion are Kate Middleton's, Cara's and Lily's.

The worst: Alicia's, no doubt. Everything's awful about it, especially the pose and the lighting. And Alicia herself.

Best: Gigi, Edie, Cara.
Worst: Kate Moss, Rihanna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->