Une Fille Un Style - Paris Vogue

Please let´s show each other some of our favorites.

For instance, I adoooore this thread, and if you visit it, you surely do too.

So...what other thread would you recommend to a "Une Fille Un Style - Paris Vogue" thread lover???

BIANCA BRANDOLINI
Vogue Paris September 2008

source | scanned by Overdrive

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i love the giant pill on her bathroom wall

thank u MMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

yaaaaaaay! Cant wait for the other half?! lol
The giant pill is pretty cool

^ I can see the 2 pages. :blink:
I'm going to upload them again...

It is my lifelong dream to own a parisian apartment!!!

can someone translate the article for Brune de Margerie?
she is so chic.

She prefers clutches to handbags, and a minimalist but not conceptual style. It is difficult to be more Parisienne than Brune de Margerie, whose sophisticated, unflashy style is above all always classy.

Editor-in-chief of jewellry and watches for Vogue, Brune de Margerie is not only attracted to things that sparkle. Born in the 7th arrondissement and having "the chance to live there again," this mother of a 9-year-old son, worked first in the press, then in the world of accessories before coming to specialize in beautiful stones and horological complications. It is a "more masculine" environment, which Brune tames with smiles, vertiginously high heels and direct contact with her interlocutors.

Style: Brune bases her wardrobe on three basic colors: black, grey and navy blue. A chromatic minimalism can be found in the designers she favors: Stefano Pilati, Martin Margiela, Nicolas Ghesquière, Alber Elbaz, whose clothes she mixes with things from Et Vous and Zara.

The method: Every morning, the same process: "To chose a look, I start with the shoes, which I coordinate with a clutch, and everything else follows."

A favorite item: She favors a classic look in her outfits, even for her jeans: skinny jeans from Acne, or flares from Used.

No-Nos: Too many colors, loud colors, fluorescent, anything flashy. Three colors she hates: yellow, green and orange.

For evenings: "I don't wear glamorous couture, dresses that are pleated, or floaty or transparent. I wear a classic little dress by Chanel, well-cut and perfect for all circumstances."

Accessories: two classic obsessions: shoes (lots of Alaïa, Saint Lauren, Zanotti, a few ballerina flats and Converses for the week-end) and clutches by Balenciaga and Givenchy.

Jewelry: Brune cultivates an esthetic anti-magpie -- nothing ostentatious, but with lasting value and a connection with her husband: a Tiffany diamond, a Love bracelet in white gold, a ring with a chalcedony rabbit by Eva Segura, and three diamond bands given to her by her sisters when she turned 30.

Beauty: "I barely wear any makeup: a little cover-up under the eyes, a little color and gloss on the lips (Le Tout from By Terry)." In the winter Brune protect against the cold with Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream, and in the summer she uses Baby Johnson lotion. She visits Jane de Busset in the 8th for a "deep" cleanse facial. As for scent, she has worn the same for twelve years: L'Eau d'Issey.

Fitness: Every weekend she takes her son to the Bois du Boulogne, and she goes to the Racing Clubs to run and do light gymnastics. No alcohol, but lots of lapsang souchong.

Passion: Film (Kazan, Visconti, Cassavetes) because it is also a family obligation. She goes to Cannes (thirteen days for the past decade), weekly premieres, and a Wednesday film night with her son. She also likes several recent American TV series: Brothers & Sisters, The Tudors, Nip/Tuck and Grey's Anatomy.

Vacations: Her calendar is regular: summer in the Bahamas, Christmas at Meribel at her father's house, and then here and there a few days at the family house in the outskirts of St. Tropez. Her ideal day: "a huge breakfast, lots of time to read in the sun, and playing rummy in the evening with friends."

Rituals: Once a week she has dinner with her friends at one of their houses or at Thiou. Other evenings are spent with her family at Al Dente on the rue de Varenne where owners Sylvain and Marie make pizza and other dishes.

Cooking: "I don't cook, but I like to shop at the Grand Epicerie de Paris rather than the supermarket." A veteran of gala dinners and fancy hotel restaurants, her fondest food memories were several years ago, when she visited her sister who was studying in New York: "Every day I went to Bryant Park and I would get takeout for lunch: a Big Mac, fries and a Coke."

Addresses: Two Paris movie theatres: UGC on the Champs Elysées ("I like big rooms that give a feeling of space") and Club 13, avenue Hoche ("for the softness of the seats.") For tea she can be found at Bristo de la Croix-Rouge reading scripts ("I read one per month. It is clear, direct writing.")

Dream: "A house on Martha's Vineyard or on Nantucket. My model is the house in 'Something's Gotta Give' the Nancy Meyers film with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson." And a weekend in Italy in the Aeolian islands with her husband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->