Brune is simply gorgeous!! :wub:

and thanks for translating! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
November 2008 Claire Courtin

source: scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:
une fille un style has now its page on vogue.fr
Garance Doré is in charge of it ...
Elisa Nalin, Celestine Cooney, Erika Forster, Rumi Neely and Sofia Hägglund Wood are the girls posted for the moment ...

It's not really as much fun to look through it online but at least I don't have to wait for the scans when it's posted.

Claire Courtin: With her blonde hair and unusual height, Claire Courtin might be Scandinavian. But she is in fact pure Parisian. She has a relaxed style, is fascinated by Art Deco and loves a comfortable piece of clothing.

The Girl: She is wearing loose jeans and a tanktop [anyone know if there is a more specific translations for "jean large?" Wide-legged jeans?]. Her feet are bare, her eyes very blue, and her very long and very blonde hair loose around her shoulders. The grand-daughter of the founder of the cosmetic giant Clarins, Claire Courtain is studying at [Penninghen, a school for graphic arts]. Passionate about art and architecture, she abstains from the stuffy classicism of the 16th arrondissement and instead favors jeans, t-shirts and flat sandals. SHe has one goal when dressing: to be comfortable in all and any circumstances.

The Style: This 22-year-old Parisian -- who plans to soon leave her familial home and buy her own apartment in the 16th arrondissement -- is no obsessed fashionista. Every day she wears loose, comfortable clothing -- nothing tight or obstructive. She often wears jeans, especially with tops from Isabel Marant ("always nice"), or from higher-end lines Etro or Dries Van Noten ("for something more ethic or bohemian, but always chic"), as well as shoes that show off her feet.

The Materials: silk, denim, cotton jersey in all its forms, soft, loose fabrics that are like liquid against the skin.

The Shoes: Rondini: the shoemaker from St. Tropez figures high on her list of frequently visited shops. She regularly buys custom-made shoes (the soles of their shoes haven't changed since 1927). "I can wear them during the day with jeans, or at night with a dress from Sonia Rykiel."

The Accessories: She wears very little jewelry, but does have two pieces in white gold from Cartier's from her fiancé: the "Love" bracelet (worn on her right wrist) and the "Menotte" on her left. "In jewelry too, I like shapes that are simple and balanced." The bracelets are impossible to take off -- her guy having carefully locked them.

(That's page one. I'll try to do page two tomorrow.)

^ Thanks for the translation Sebastiana!:flower:

I can't believe the girls is only 22 years old! It's so depressing when people younger than me seem to be so pulled together and self-assured:lol:

Page two for Claire Courtin:

Beauty Regime: Naturally, Claire Courtin turns to her family's products: "My grandfather taught us certain habits that I do now automatically, without having to think about it. For example, never pull at the skin, never rub it. Always make light, gentle movement with the palm of the hand or the tips of the fingers." Among Clarins signature products, the Eclat du Jour cream, l'Huile Tonic with essential oils of olive oil, geranium, mint and hazelnut, and L'Eau Dynamisante, which she has used since childhood. Her makeup is very light -- Summer Fever blush and some lipstick.

Perfumes: Myrrh and musk from l'Artisan Parfumeur. Plus Alien from Thierry Mugler -- the usually-shaped bottle and the mix of amber jasmine appeal to her. It is a "generational perfume," as her sisters and cousins also wear it.

Favorite Recent Purchase: Skinny black leather pants from the Saint-German-des-Prés label Heimstone, embellished with gold zippers: "they're just a bit too long, so they end well past the end of the leg."

In Her Bag: A Blackberry, keys, lip balm and a little notebook: "I write everything dowm. Ideas, and also things to do. In my daily life I can be a bit of a space cadet, but when I'm working, I'm the exact opposite. Everything is neat and orderly."

Favorite Places: In Paris, the bookstore La Hune on Boulevard Saint Germain, near her school; also the shop of designer Philippe Hurel, where she interned and worked decorating the apartment she is about to buy. Also the Dries Van Noten at Quai Malaquais for its intimate atmosphere, the gallery Chez Valentin for its exhibitions of the artist Mathieu Mercier. For going out she likes the Black Calvados on avenue Pierre the 1st of Serbia and the new Chacha Club on rue Berger, which opened this summer as part of the Hotel du Nord.

Favorite Vacations: "I've always travelled a lot. When I was little I would go with my father on his business trips." Her extended family always goes to their house in Var in the summer. New York is also one of her favorite cities; she would like to live there.

Her Project: Architecture and design, the subjects she will pursue after she is licensed. She admires the multi-disciplinarian Philippe Starck, the geomerty of Art Deco and the simplicity of Fernand Léger. Her apartment will be her first project: Claire Courtin has designed wood panels to hang on the walls, along with works by Iranian photographer Chayan Khoï. She doesn't want to wait much longer to install them.

great translation and karina i couldnt agree more, im her age and even feel that :wink:

^well, i think vogue makes them (the young girls that appear in Une fille un style) as mature adn focused... more than they may be... besides, when you are 22 and you have enough money to have your own appartment in 16th arrondisement, you are likely to know what you want in life... I mean, it makes things easier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->