US Harper's Bazaar Feburary 2000 : Gwyneth Paltrow by Craig McDean

I kind of like it...she looks very good from that angle. It's a very flattering photo. :wink:

That was Kate Betts' first issue for Bazaar back in February 2000. I still have that somewhere in my closet.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Nov 3rd, 2003 - 2:36 pm
That was Kate Betts' first issue for Bazaar back in February 2000. I still have that somewhere in my closet.
So do I. :flower: She looked great with dark hair.

Originally posted by Astrid21@Nov 3rd, 2003 - 9:20 pm
So do I. :flower:
Astrid,

what did you think of Kate Betts' Bazaar as opposed to Bazaar today? Granted, that first Gwyneth issue was rather lackluster, but I remember being somewhat excited about Bazaar under Kate Betts. At least she was going in a new direction and had relatively interesting articles. I feel like I'm being talked down to by Glenda Bailey. I think Kate recognized that Bazaar was an intelligent woman's read and really managed to cut through all that FIND THE BEST LOOK FOR YOU crap.

I found Kate's Bazaar a little inspid, but more minimal, which I like. :neutral: But I definitely agree with you on the more interesting articles and contents. When I pick up a Bazaar now it's covered with the same headlines as Allure and Marie Claire, and that's not what I want out of Harper's Bazaar. :doh: A couple of the things I like about Glenda's Bazaar is her affection for black :blush: and the more vanguard editorials.

bwgreyscale via archive.org

Face Ace
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Model: Gisele Bundchen

Logo Motion
Photographer: Alexei Hay
Fashion editor: Brana Wolf
Models: Carmen Kass, Caroline Ribeiro, Karen Elson, Danita Angell, Frankie Rayder, Mini Anden

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Fashion editor: Michel Bolbol
Models: Caroline Ribeiro, Liisa Winkler, Emily Sandberg

Mood Indigo
Photographers: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Fashion editor: Brana Wolf
Model: Kate Moss

^one of my favs from that era. pitch perfect styling. love the second hand, vintage feel of the clothes.

The Editor's Letter: The New Bazaar

Betts & Paltrow mixin it up; shot by Craig McDean:

ellastica scan

Never seen that Kate Moss edit before, I love it:heart: everything the hair the styling the mood, great edit, thanks for the scans.:flower:

One of my favorite Kate editorials! Also love Logo Motion...so tacky, but kinda brilliant.

Thanks for posting, pipoca!

Still such an incredible issue! If these images appeared were to appear in the latest issue of any current mag nobody would blink. I miss Kate's HB more and more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->