US Bazaar May 2006 : Jennifer Lopez by Peter Lindbergh

LoveMyBoots

Reaction score
I just saw a commercial of Extra saying that Jennifer Lopez is on the cover... I think I remember it was mentioned somewhere her on tfs, hope I'm not starting some kind of redundant thread... :unsure:

When I turned around to catch a look at the cover all I could see was a huge smile on Jennifer and I think ruffles...

Jennifer Lopez?! Oh no. Bad, bad news. I thought Harper's Bazaar was the classiest magazine coming from the US.

Has Jlo released something new lately (please say no)?

It's for her new movie called Bordertown with Antonio Banderas. The movie is out early June. By the way, the movie is about the murders of Ciudad Juarez.

Well, lately Bazaar's covers have been so great, I hope they'll do something good with J. Lo. Though I doubt it.

from the ny daily news...

It 'seams' J.Lo had the jitters

She's done 20 movies and five albums and walked down the aisle three times, but Jennifer Lopez confesses she came down with stage fright when she was backstage at the debut fashion show of her clothing line Sweetface last year.

"It was the most nerve-racking thing I've ever done," the actress-singer-designer told the May edition of Harper's Bazaar, which hits the newsstands April 25. Lopez has the cover.

"I just don't have fashion fear," she said, adding that she admires trend-setters such as Madonna and Gwen Stefani and doesn't feel the need to starve herself into a size 0.

Lopez has transfixed gawkers on the red carpet since 2001 when she wore that green Versace gown with the plunging neckline to the Grammys.
She's still amazed by the uproar it created and insists it wasn't too revealing. As she puts it, "There's a fine line between sexy and trashy."

extratv.com

Jennifer Lopez: On the Cutting Edge of Fun, Fearless Fashion

April 13, 2006

It's a one-of-a-kind dress on a one-of-a-kind lady. Jennifer Lopez is all dressed up in a gorgeous Giorgio Armani Prive flowing black couture dress on the May cover of Harper's Bazaar magazine.

"Jennifer never questions clothing," said Laura Brown, editor for Harper Bazaar. "She never feels like she can't wear something."

Brown calls the fashionista fearless, which includes the infamous barely there Versace gown from the 2000 Grammy Awards. In the article, Jennifer defends the dress and said she was shocked by the negative response. "The chest area was the only sliver of skin showing," JLO told the magazine. "There's a fine line between sexy and trashy."

With that behind her, the fashionista is busier than ever. Lopez just finished her steamy new music video "Control Myself" with LL Cool J, and she's about to launch a mini-tour overseas. In addition, she recently wrapped "El Cantante," co-starring her husband Marc Anthony.

So how did she possibly have time for her own designer line, Sweetface? "I have a great team," J LO revealed. "They were sending me sketches, and sending me stuff all during the whole film."

Jennifer's style is an inspiration to many people, but she admitted that she admires two trendsetters. "Madonna, for obvious reasons," Lopez said. "She's reincarnated herself so many times." The other is Gwen Stefani, whom Jennifer says has "carved out such a distinct style."

In the Harper's Bazaar article, Lopez also reveals some personal info about her main man, Marc. She says he put the brakes on her workaholic lifestyle, and for the first time ever she feels like she can relax.

"She mentions what a great support he is to her," Brown revealed. "She did say something funny about how they going shopping together sometimes and he'll be good for two hours, then be like, 'Honey, I gotta have lunch.' Like any man."

You can read more about Jennifer and Marc, when the magazine hits newsstands April 25.

^^yes, she did, back in december 2004:

source: bwgreyscale

i really dislike her but i love this cover for some reason :ninja:

I agree, the cover looked good.

Who's interested in reading about her? Why do they have to keep on doing pieces about people who are famous for being famous?

This issue is ok, but most of the time I feel like I am reading the same Bazaar issue month after month after month. There isn't a whole lot of variety.

The Harper's Bazaar's website has a poll for picking who will be on an upcoming cover. Ladies and gents, here are the choices:

Keira Knightley
Nicole Richie
Lindsay Lohan
Mischa Barton
Angelina Jolie
Ashley Olsen
Jennifer Lopez
Mary-Kate Olsen
Jessica Simpson
Blech.

Last edited by a moderator:
^That's not really an official poll. They're not gonna go by the results. Besides, it's been up there for a long, long time.

Harpers Bazaar May 2006
Title: Forecast: Bright!
Model: Hilary Rhoda
Photographer: Solve Sundsbo

Last edited by a moderator:
i like that ed! reminds me of some tom ford ysl ads with adina

hey avant garde..thks for the scans...which other eds come inside?...thks in advance

:flower: Thanks for the scsns very nice editorial

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->