US Bazaar September 2009 : Leighton Meester / Agyness Deyn by Terry Richardson

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
fy3dlh.jpg

SO WRINKLES PROVE WISDOM?: Leighton Meester claims to have no fear when it comes to aging, but ask her again in a few years — after all, she’s only 23. Regardless, Meester gets a preview of her own aging process in the September issue of Harper’s Bazaar, in which editors have produced digitally enhanced images of the actress to show what she’d look like into her 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. The “Gossip Girl” star is also on the cover, shot by Terry Richardson. “Any fear of aging, I think, is simply vanity,” Meester told the magazine. “Because what comes with age is so many wonderful things: wisdom, understanding.

“Every year, I’m always happy to be done with the previous age,” she says, adding she does support Botox. “If people want that, do it.”

Along those lines, Harper’s Bazaar is also launching a nationwide contest to find America’s chicest women, from age 20 to over 60. Five finalists, representing each decade between 20 and 60, will win a cash prize of $5,000 and appear in a future issue, along with a party at Hearst Tower. The contest is also a prelude to the magazine’s upcoming book, “Fabulous at Every Age: Your Quick and Easy Guide to Fashion,” in stores in November.

wwd / august 5, 2009

kinda surprising...can't wait to see the subscribers cover...

ugh, is this how their covers are going to be from now on? Like Cosmo mixed with US Weekly:(

It reminds me of Angelina's cover. (Taken from an event picture) It doesn't look nice. It kinda looks cheap. Looking forward to the eds though.

did the photo came from an editorial or like Angelina's!?

I think it was shot by Terry Richardson. Looking forward to this in my mailbox!

She gives the most wonderful interviews for someone of her age. I always love learning more about Leighton.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really sick of these little gimmicks by Bazaar. It's a DAMN FASHION MAGAZINE!!! I don't want to see a 23 year actress "aged" I wanna see them photoshopped to look perpetually 23. What a waste of Leighton, I was actually excited to see her name attached to the cover.

^ Agreed! I'm a bit disappointed!

I don't know why I even look forward to HB covers anymore. It's fantastic Leighton's on it really, all the text? :(

The subscriber's cover best make up for it.

^ Agreed! But sad to say, we who can't subscribe (Philippines) and collects Harper's Bazaar have to deal with this cover :| :|.. life...

I'm also looking forward to the subscriber's cover, but oh man am I ever sick of the "fabulous at every age" tagline :doh:!!!

I'm just grateful the text overload involves a decent font and not that Valentinesy, Dust Bowl inducing font.

I'm also looking forward to the subscriber's cover, but oh man am I ever sick of the "fabulous at every age" tagline :doh:!!!

This may be a little different though because they're doing it with someone much younger. Usually they women are in their 30s-40s.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing since I hate the age thing with women, but I love her quote!

Last edited by a moderator:
in before the tween fans*

Another irrelevant ones gets the cover . yupee. !!!!!
It looks like an Instyle or Elle cover. HB US is getting more and more pedestrian.
Only positive is at least it's not someone from Disney.

^ I'll give the FABULOUS AT EVERY AGE of this month a chance. But if it's not that stunning or breath taking, I'll give up and be sick of FABULOUS AT EVERY AGE

It looks like she was cutout from an event picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->