US Elle July 2017 : Kate McKinnon by Paola Kudacki

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

FULL CREDIT TO ELLE MAGAZINE AT ELLE.COM

love it. so happy! maybe more covers r on the way?

Definitely buying this! Gorgeous cover.

The edgy shot is gorgeous! Would've worn a diff blazer but damn.

I have no idea who she is, and I like it. It's very Elle.

This is just horrible, such a bad shot of her, so sick of Kudacki's cold style for US Elle, i will take their old tacky covers over these insipid ones they do now, every time!

Any chance Tina Fey will also get a cover? Because this cover is just too lazy regard. Had to Google her because I thought it was a country singer (got her confused with Miranda).

Agreed about Kudacki!! She's not doing this magazine any favours. That said, they must be selling these grey covers because they've been doing it for well over 3 years now!

Can they stop with Paola Kudacki and her drab, grey, dull, and boring photography?!

19145776_10154841552053031_9030488467114832206_n.jpg

pier59studios on IG: July cover star Kate McKinnon shot by @paolakudacki for @elleusa at #pier59studios
Styling @samiranasr
Hair @kevinryanhair
Make-up @silbruinsma1
Manicure @caseynails

credit: art8amby on Wordpress, pier59studios on Instagram

maybe more covers r on the way?

Absolutely must be! Kate looks lovely but I don't think she can carry a month on her own. Elle may just be pacing themselves for once, and not releasing all the covers at once.

Tina Fey also has a cover according to @art8amby.

Tina Fey's cover wasn't in Elle's press release, only Kate's. Tina's only interviewed Kate for the issue.

I haven't bought American Elle for years but found myself getting both the April and May issues when they arrived here. The magazine has stepped up its game hugely lately, and I also found the content quite good from those two issues I bought too. This cover with Kate, however, is awful and just looks like outtakes from Kate's last US Elle cover shoot from 2016 (also by Paola Kudacki).

Tina Fey's cover wasn't in Elle's press release, only Kate's. Tina's only interviewed Kate for the issue.

I haven't bought American Elle for years but found myself getting both the April and May issues when they arrived here. The magazine has stepped up its game hugely lately, and I also found the content quite good from those two issues I bought too. This cover with Kate, however, is awful and just looks like outtakes from Kate's last US Elle cover shoot from 2016 (also by Paola Kudacki).

I think you may be right! I now see that Elle launched the issue (last night?), and only Kate's cover was shown at the event. My question then is, why is Tina's name in bold next to Kate's? As a tactic to pull buyers?

Beyond the cover and fashion content, US Elle is actually very good, and they have been for a while now. Better than the British edition, which is odd. The features are well-researched and written, and not overly superficial. It's a shame their imagery looks so drab most of the time, because I'm sure they could amass a lot of impulse readers with their content.

I don´t like the cover but I´m loving the editorial, cool styling :smile:

I think that Tina´s name is on the cover because she could have interviewed her...?
Save

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsa Hosk by Terry Tsiolis

"Folk Art" editorial

Styling: Samira Nasr
Hair: Kayla MiChele
Make-Up: Frankie Boyd
Manicure: Gina Edwards

awake-smile.blogspot

excellent cover choice, she's so radiant! and that smile is soooo her. love it!

Elsa's fashion story is instantly forgettable! A series of contrived poses and basic styling.

Kate and her contagious smile always put a smile on my face ^_^ Hope there are more editorial shots inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->