US Elle October 2010 : 25th Anniversary Issue

And she didn't have to make a sex tape, arrests, rehab, etc... to become famous.

Yeah she just had to become a mediocre fashion "designer" on a lame MTV reality show. She's no better than Snooki or Heidi imo. :rolleyes:

Wanna have Amanda's cover. And what a pity there're no covers for Mila and Camilla! :cry:

Still loving Megan`s cover!
I like Amanda`s cover too. It has this sexiness yet chic pose.
Adore Gabourey`s cover! It`s so cute and makes me want to buy it!
Lauren`s cover is very Cosmopolitan. Even her subscriber`s cover is weird and cheap.

i was expecting something different though for the 25th Anniversary Issue. Too bad

I love Megan newsstand cover and I'm not even a fan of hers, but I think the cover is really lovely.

I think it's Amanda's cover dress, just in another colours

Louis Vuitton F/W '10-11

00400m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaby's cover reminds me of the editorial she did for US Bazaar, where they styled her in glamorous dresses and diamonds. Lauren's is the cover that interests me the least, simply because she's not a part of my life - I've never watched her shows, and there's nothing about her that makes me want to know more.

Love Amanda, but I hate what they've got her wearing, so Megan's cover is the one I'm hoping turns up in my store.

That's a bit presumptuous. She's a business woman who's built a brand out of a yes, somewhat less than admirable but legitimate path. I don't have any problem with the girl and if I were offered the opportunities she's had, I'd take them.
She hasn't taken any opportunities. She 'starred' in a vapid, shallow TV show which represents everything is wrong about today's society. Her books were ghost written and she clearly didn't design her clothing range, which was generic and dull, may I add.
Lauren Conrad was on two hit television shows. She apparently has sold over 1 million books for harpercollins. If that isnt enough, she will probably have some fashion oriented show likely on Fox or CW (per the gossip mill). And she didn't have to make a sex tape, arrests, rehab, etc... to become famous.
There's just a minor detail you left out...they were reality TV shows. What sort of talent does that require? I don't care if she didn't make a sex tape or if she didn't go rehab (Kirsten Dunst once went to rehab...does that make her any less talented?), that has nothing to do with her TALENT, which is a department she is clearly lacking in.

well after seeing Amanda's cover. I choose her cover instead of Megan's. I love her subscriber cover. She's such a doll

Megan's cover is nice, Amanda's is so-so and I won't comment on Gabourey but Lauren Conrad? For real? They'll give Whitney a cover next. Nice variety I suppose.

Such an uninteresting cover choices for anniversary issue. I was expecting dream to come true and to see model on the cover of US Elle, especially since there was a rumor about Karolina Kurkova shooting for US Elle.
But from the covers we have now, Lauren's one is the worst. Other 3 covers look OK, nothing special for anniversary, just that terrible banner. I hope content is great.

i like all the covers, sibourney has so much energy and happyness on her picture!! very nice.

i like all the covers, sibourney has so much energy and happyness on her picture!! very nice.

I agree, she is the only one who appears to be actually alive on the cover. The rest of the girls look like cadavers. Amanda Seyfried is a beautiful girl but Elle did her no favors.
Also, what does Lauren Conrad do?

I ask this seriously. I've never seen any of her shows but I was under the assumption that they were over? Does she have a job or is she like a Paris Hilton socialite type?

Its insulting to the other women to include them with someone like Lauren Conrad, IMO. Amanda and Gabby are successful and critically praised and Megan is the hottest thing right now. Lauren is a former reality star with a line at Kohls...

I guess I like Amanda's cover the most, but I don't see the issue with Gabby's.

She hasn't taken any opportunities. She 'starred' in a vapid, shallow TV show which represents everything is wrong about today's society. Her books were ghost written and she clearly didn't design her clothing range, which was generic and dull, may I add.
There's just a minor detail you left out...they were reality TV shows. What sort of talent does that require? I don't care if she didn't make a sex tape or if she didn't go rehab (Kirsten Dunst once went to rehab...does that make her any less talented?), that has nothing to do with her TALENT, which is a department she is clearly lacking in.

:clap::clap::clap: (also the image they chose for her cover is so pretentious..and so not Lauren..)
btw Amanda's my favourite cover..such a doll really :blush:
hate Megan's also..really looks like a before-after sugery pics:blink:

Lauren Conrad has fronted two successful television shows over 5 years and is a best-selling author with a movie deal for her books in the works. She pioneered the act of branding in the reality realm and set the standard for everyone coming after her. She was the face of Mark Cosmetics for 3-4 years, she has a line at a major department store and another line in the works. By all accounts she is one of the most successful 20-somethings in Hollywood.

She deserves her cover as much as anyone else. All the griping about her is tired. She's one of the few positive role models out there right now.

All the covers are pretty bad imo... But then Elle has always had awful covers.

Out of the newsstand covers, Lauren Conrad's appeals to me most. Regardless of the weird Photoshopping on her face.
She looks like Elle Driver from Kill Bill on the collector's cover. Amanda looks fantastic on her collector's cover, I love the styling.

The only two women who truly deserve an Elle cover celebrating 20-somethings imo are Lauren and Amanda. They both have excel at what they do and provide a positive image of what it is like to be a successful 20 something woman in America. People can gripe all they want but Lauren is truly an Elle girl...

By accident she landed on reality tv and throughout her 7-season stint, she examplified a sense of dignity that has never been seen on reality tv... she set a standard that NO ONE has been able to match. Secondly, she is on the few and for sure the FIRST to translate her reality fame into meaningful projects. Hence, the girl has sold more than 1 million copies of her books (that's about 500,000/book) and she is in the process of producing a movie about the series. Not too mention her lines and other projects.... so I would qualify her as having TALENT and being a successful role model for the rest of us.

Certainly moreso, than a plastic surgery obsess actress who is best known for her attitude and starring with robots.
As for Gabourey, she is the last thing 20somethings in America need as a role model. She may be a good actress (based on that one role) but the unhealthy image she projects.... sorry to say it is kind of repulsive...

At the start of this thread, I had no real idea who Lauren was, and now I have no real idea why people aren't allowed to dislike her. But then again, I wouldn't know much about being twentysomething, as I'm hurtling towards 40, and therefore sadly excluded from seeing such people as successful role models, I'm stuck with having to emulate Joan Collins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->