US Elle August 2006 - Keira Knightley

I skimmed through it in (Shopper's Drug Mart) and I almost bought it. The big editorial is about New York designers. The selection of clothes is fabulous, but it doesn't go with the setting - an overdone rural highway/setting. There's also a somewhat short grunge editorial.

When I skimmed through it, I realized that people whine too much about Anna Wintour beucase whoever puts this magazine together sucks a lot. Why is Elle's philosophy "Make the summer issues fantastic but reduce the editorials of the pre-fall issue down to a sub-par level" ?

Has anyone read the interview? I've seen the scans online of the pics of Keira but not the interview. Much prefer this cover to her In Style one.

I read the "keira had her lips done" story in some UK tab which Keira emphatically denied. If you've seen any of her early movies then you'd realize she's had the same lips all along, they didn't suddenly become pouty within the last yr or so.

Moofins said:
Exactly. I don't like the whole "mock-pout" or the "open mouth" it gets old quick. The clothing is nice though, I think.

You're right, it does get reeeaal old. I call it the Angelina Jolie factor. Ever since Angie's been on the scene, these young actresses have tried(and failed) to emulate her look, not realizing that her lips are naturally huge, and two thin lines covered in gloss do not a pout make. The Olsens are the worst offenders of this...ugh:doh:

I do like Jessiann's editorial, though it is a little overdone.

Does anyone know when this will get over to the UK? I keep checking in Smiths, but they still have the Hilary Duff issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->