US Vogue March 2019 : Hailey & Justin Bieber by Annie Leibovitz

dfl-001

Reaction score
source: kevinkkelly1 on eBay
d2Q3NBlP_o.jpg

The subjects are annoying and I have no interest in reading about them, but the cover and image is 100% US Vogue which I actually like a lot. This turned out way beyond my expectations. She looks somewhat decent in that wistful 'Vogue by Leibovitz' style, but I wish some form of effort could have been made to make him look less like a 18yo who's still going through puberty. At least some men's fashion would've helped. But Anna is relying to sell this to his fans, so the less trimmings, the better.

There's something very regressive about this couple for me. I get the feeling that Hailey wanted this way more than he did. The strategically placed ring, how quick she was to take on his surname, her overall hanger on vibe whenever they're pictured together. In the era of women's wokeness, it's just a bit....odd.

I hate the fact that its them, BUT

I hate the fact that she only got this cover because of him

I also hate the fact that I like this. Its quintessential US Vogue. The image itself is stunning. She looks very regal. Justin however, could’ve looked better.

US Vogue is on a roll

Justin looks great there, but they don’t deserve a cover, that’s it.

It's like Kanye & Kim...Neither of them would have had a cover if they weren't together...
But, this is beautifully executed.
Justin looks great and clean!

But this looks like a teen magazine with the taglines on the side: "GIGI", "KENDALL", "DENIM"! Hilarious!

'shes the security I always wanted'

And why is he naked?

speechless.
Although I would take this cover over the West's.
god, they went from Richard Gere to Justin Bieber.

Honestly, I was expecting this to turn out badly for the simple fact that Hailey isn’t really that photogenic and Annie’s airbrushing skills.

BUT, it turned out pretty good. I’m shocked. Justin should have at least had a shirt on and Hailey looks regal. Kinda mannish, but breezy.

Looks like the socialites have taken over March. Hailey for Vogue, Kendall for Allure and GiGi for Elle.

She looks so gorgeous, but Justin really ruined the picture. It should have been just her. (But I get it, they wanted the couple, for obvious reasons)

I’m baffled. Not only is the subject of the cover truly tragic, the image itself is in my opinion, bloody awful.

Neither come off well and the posing is just plain weird. There are ways of doing couple shots well. This is not it. Next.

It does look like a classic US Vogue cover. No hate but I just have no interest in them. Like the majority of the cover stars of the past year.

Jesus Christ. Magazines and tag lines :( Such awkward placement with the quote, like the old Vanity Fair except larger font. This is terrible. I realize Vogue has been pretty bad for years, but this is just... like I really don’t even have the words. I wish I would’ve waited one more month before renewing my subscription. There better be some mind blowing content.

Looks like the socialites have taken over March. Hailey for Vogue, Kendall for Allure and GiGi for Elle.

Watch how Kendall and Gigi got prominent coverlines too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->