US Vogue March 2019 : Hailey & Justin Bieber by Annie Leibovitz

To blur her face out as they did in the last shot is criminal! Almost like someone wanted to exact revenge at her for outshining Kendall like she did a month or so ago. Lol.
It’s insane that they thought it was a good idea to let Imaan play second fiddle to Kendull and Emily Rat. in that ed.

I don't know if it's nostalgia but I smiled throughout the entire Amber + Gemma editorial because their poses are so effortless but still emote so much. They're never just standing there, it's always in service of the clothes they're wearing and trying to make them more appealing. I mean, I hated those Junya dresses on the runway and here we are, Gemma Ward is selling me one.

On a side note, Vogue is pushing that Paco Rabanne collection hard.

The atrocity that is "Making a Scene" has actually stuck with me and bothered me all day, since seeing it this morning. People often announce that US Vogue is over, Anna must retire, etc. etc. etc. and I always roll my eyes. In this case, though....? I am just.... floored that this made it's way into the pages of Vogue's March issue, that they spent presumably a decent budget (considering the cast) on this absolute trash. There is no fashion, there is no style, it's out of touch, it's more poorly composed than your average instagram pic.

I have supported Anna in the past, and her legacy at this magazine is set in stone, but...this issue is proof that she's done!

People still cry about her influence/her relevance? Where is it here? She has no solid in-house fashion team and she can't get a single big-name photographer in the biggest issue of the year. Of course, you don't have to pull in all the blockbusters, but what are the fresh contributors offering here that's not the embodiment of mediocrity? It's embarrassing to compare this issue with UK Vogue's most recent offering, and honestly I'm not even a particular fan of EE.

Take out the Amber/Gemma editorial and the rest of this issue is for the bin (once Camilla goes, this mag is destined for the black hole of publishing). I just don't see how someone else in charge can't offer something better than this.

She has no solid in-house fashion team and she can't get a single big-name photographer in the biggest issue of the year.
Aww... but what about Annie? She got the cover! Totally kidding :rofl: Though she may be an icon in celebrity photography, she’s just as boring as Lindbergh to me personally. Sorry, I said it.

I think that Vogue is trying to stay true to their identity while adapting to this new era, not without a host of setbacks like budget constraints and talent overhaul. They have little over 100 pages more in this issue than the British one. The only other Vogue who could top that would be Vogue China. So the US Vogue brand is as strong as ever.

I'll agree that overall, this issue doesn't look very interesting for March. It would be decent for any other month though. The way I see it Anna is breaking in a new breed of editors and photographers. Jorden Bickham is styling more than ever, and to my knowledge this marks the debut of Carlos Nazario, a former assistant to Camilla, in Vogue. We're seeing more of Zoe Ghertner and Cass Bird in the magazine, and the final look image was shot by Elaine Constantine. But she's still keeping her eye on the identity of the magazine. I think it's pretty impressive to enlist new guard/style photographers to help underscore the identity of this magazine without comprising their unique style. I'll take that over having both an original and a knockoff in the same issue.

All this infatuation with big names is the reason why Meisel is still the standard after all these years, and everyone scrambled in panic when Testino and Demarchelier got excommunicated. I don't particularly care if Meisel or Hawkesworth shoots a cover, as long as the work looks good, is captivating and thought-provoking, it's all that really matters.

I do still think the Jenner edit belongs in the bin, as well as the cheap Angelo Pennetta one. And maybe get rid of Camilla Nickerson altogether. Maybe it is time for her to pack up, but I can't imagine a new editor doing what she's currently doing.

What is going on with Vogue? Be careful what you wish for indeed! We all wanted fresh blood but please take these photographers back! I know they can’t use Demarchelier and Testino, but where are Sims and Klein and Mcdean. Edgort and Mert and Marcus, Lindbergh?!

And why have Cass Bird shoot a cheap Testino knockoff and Jackson copy every other studio photographer they’ve had?! I’m completely perplexed by all of it.

All hail Gemma though!

Somehow i prefer this issue than the UK one, this one feels more happy, fun and sunny.

But I still don't like the cover subject though, i think Ariana is more deserving and fitting for the cover.

I'm also sharing the same sentiment with the posts above, recently i flipped through the March 2006 issue of US Vogue and was amazed by how glamorous and expensive the magazine looked. We had Meisel, Penn, Klein, McDean, and etc in one issue. Not to mention the articles are also more dense and longer. Compared to that of course this issue feels very "budget".

I feel that the inclusion of 1 or 2 editorials from more "established" photographers such as Jansson or Elgort (I miss his work for US Vogue) might make this issue look more interesting and "expensive".

The only thing that saves this issue is the editorial with Amber and Gemma who look as good as in their golden days but also spread a certain sense of maturity and calm with their effortless posing skills and serene expressions that I adore.

The rest is a complete mess, cheap and uninspired. Not even the editorial with Adut, Vitto etc by Angelo looks good. And don't even get me started on that one by Cass.

Somehow i prefer this issue than the UK one, this one feels more happy, fun and sunny.

One of the things I've picked up from Anna's recent interview with Grace is how often she uses the terms 'dark.' The fairytale was too dark, the editorial was too dark. It reflects in her edits. I can only imagine how hard Grace must've fought to push that Wizard of Oz story (quite possibly one of her greatest hits) as we got it.

This is already listed on newsstand.co.uk as on sale today, even though the Feb 19 issue only turned up a few days ago!

One of the things I've picked up from Anna's recent interview with Grace is how often she uses the terms 'dark.' The fairytale was too dark, the editorial was too dark. It reflects in her edits. I can only imagine how hard Grace must've fought to push that Wizard of Oz story (quite possibly one of her greatest hits) as we got it.

I still remember Grace joking that she'd be fired for proposing black clothes for a shoot on "The September Issue". If Anna had her way we'd all be dressed in head-to-toe OdlR florals.

Cass Bird has lost her touch and her aura.

I still remember Grace joking that she'd be fired for proposing black clothes for a shoot on "The September Issue"..

Or this.... :lol::lol::lol:

stefano-pilati-explaining-the-use-of-color-from-the-september-issue.jpg

Bryologue.com

^I love you, Ben! :lol: I’ve watched the documentary more than 20 times and I skip this scene every time, the cringe is too much to take. The way he whimpers and stutters, and you can see it in her eyes, she loathes the collection. Somehow, I can’t see Hedi and his enormous ego cowering like this to anyone.

I was willing to give this issue a go earlier - but the photography seemed awful, and I didn't know whether it was the actual content or the paper quality.

I wonder how many people bought Reese's cover, over the two days it was available on the UK newsstand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->