US Vogue March 2019 : Hailey & Justin Bieber by Annie Leibovitz

Making A Scene

It seems the others are just there to make Kendall look good.

The old Kendall, that looks tragic, is back in this ed. The elevator pic and the one she's pointing with her finger are totally bad.

Imaan and Grace as props is pure trash. Both look better than the main girls. Kendall should visit Linda, Naomi or Christy to learn how to be a terrific model. This girl is pretty, but that's not enough to be a super. I can't believe she's overpasing Gisele now.

Vogue USA comes with a UK gossip magazines' cover and editorial. Is it your inspiration Anna? Didn't you feel any art or trend this spring? groundbreaking! :D

Any word on page count? With a cover like that It's better be at least 500 pages otherwise I'm gonna pretend I didn't see it at the newsstand.

Any word on page count? With a cover like that It's better be at least 500 pages otherwise I'm gonna pretend I didn't see it at the newsstand.

418 pages. And so far, I doubt you'll get any bigger than that for March.

I think that Vogue is trying to stay true to their identity while adapting to this new era, not without a host of setbacks like budget constraints and talent overhaul. They have little over 100 pages more in this issue than the British one. The only other Vogue who could top that would be Vogue China. So the US Vogue brand is as strong as ever.

I'll agree that overall, this issue doesn't look very interesting for March. It would be decent for any other month though. The way I see it Anna is breaking in a new breed of editors and photographers. Jorden Bickham is styling more than ever, and to my knowledge this marks the debut of Carlos Nazario, a former assistant to Camilla, in Vogue. We're seeing more of Zoe Ghertner and Cass Bird in the magazine, and the final look image was shot by Elaine Constantine. But she's still keeping her eye on the identity of the magazine. I think it's pretty impressive to enlist new guard/style photographers to help underscore the identity of this magazine without comprising their unique style. I'll take that over having both an original and a knockoff in the same issue.

All this infatuation with big names is the reason why Meisel is still the standard after all these years, and everyone scrambled in panic when Testino and Demarchelier got excommunicated. I don't particularly care if Meisel or Hawkesworth shoots a cover, as long as the work looks good, is captivating and thought-provoking, it's all that really matters.

I do still think the Jenner edit belongs in the bin, as well as the cheap Angelo Pennetta one. And maybe get rid of Camilla Nickerson altogether. Maybe it is time for her to pack up, but I can't imagine a new editor doing what she's currently doing.
Vogue India will be bigger, they always are

I don't know about hideous but definitely monotonous. From one issue to the next VOGUE just blurs together.

Monthly print fashion magazines used to give you bite size chunks, gave you time to digest, take it all in and really study these well thought out, skillfully crafted editorials, images and articles. The magazines grew with you the reader on these seasonal, monthly journeys.

When your headspace as a publication revolves around trying to compete with the deluge of images available on the internet, not to mention the sea of archival images kids these days have instant access to, it's no wonder magazine's and their readers are having trouble keeping focus. Even the inspiration's around editorial shoots are so blatantly obvious and gleaned from tumblr, the mystique and sense of discovery is completely gone.

awful.Justin doesn't look like the cool teenage guy he used to be. Here he looks old.

I wonder how many people bought Reese's cover, over the two days it was available on the UK newsstand.

Not me! I've hunted every newsstand for the February issue, hoping it might've shimmied to the back but to no avail. And although the issue wasn't all that brilliant, it would've been nice to have been given the opportunity to grab the issue within more than the 48 hours it was available here.

I did order this issue via Newsstand without hesitation and think it's a pretty solid offering overall. I haven't sat down and read it word for word (and doubt I ever will) but the fashion content is certainly the best I've seen from the magazine in months. My fave is Gigi by Daniel Jackson (solo fashion stories have become a rarity in US Vogue, right?) and if someone told me Steven Meisel had shot Gigi, I would've believed them... utterly beautiful.

I thought I was the only who noticed it just didn't appear on newsstands (at least here in Ireland)... very strange

My US Vogue subscription expired sometime last year and yet I received this issue in the mail a couple of days ago. Seems pretty desperate that they're sending a March issue to ex-subscribers for free?

My US Vogue subscription expired sometime last year and yet I received this issue in the mail a couple of days ago. Seems pretty desperate that they're sending a March issue to ex-subscribers for free?

Perhaps they're trying to pull you back in, lol. Would be very crafty if true.

I must walk past the bookstore in my area every day and each time my eyes instinctively wander to see whether they have any new issues in stock. That's how I saw the February issue. But I do wonder why March arrived so soon.

And whether this was a one-off (in which case, people will have to wait twice as long for the next issue to appear here) or the new rate of arrival for US Vogue from now on...

I know they can’t use Demarchelier and Testino, but where are Sims and Klein and Mcdean. Edgort and Mert and Marcus, Lindbergh?!

Those guys are at other magazines, churning out hits for them. Right now Sims is definitely more associated with VP, and when M&M isn't shooting for British Vogue, they're doing so for the Italian one. Same applies to McDean. To be honest if I were in charge I wouldn't want them in my magazine either. Too much risk involved. Nobody delivers consistent work for different editions. See the vast difference between McDean's work for VI and British Vogue.

As for the others, I get the feeling Klein's absence is self-imposed because he's only really shooting for Tom Ford. I'd be hard-pressed to recall the last time I saw an Elgort shoot, and post-Bazaar Lindbergh's work is questionable at best. Thing is, Anna is not really one of those editors who can pull a photographer out of retirement because she's not a stylist. Carine did it, as did Alt, because they can actually envision styling a story and Weber, Feurer or Bensimon shooting it. It wouldn't be fair for Anna to force Elgort onto Jorden or Camilla. Those two style sensibilities clash.

The time is ripe for a photographer to step up to the plate and become as synonymous with this magazine as Meisel, Demarchelier and Testino once was. I had hoped it would be Charlotte Wales, but will gladly take Zoe Ghertner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->