US Bazaar December 2018/January 2019 : Margot Robbie by Camilla Akrans

It's like they morphed Mandy Moore with Amber Valletta and cranked up the spray tan effect.

The golden lighting does lend a quaint late 80s/early 90s HB vibe which I am fond of.

It might look a whole lot different when Harper's Bazaar unveils the cover but I do like what I'm seeing so far. The fact it's Margot Robbie (and not Cardi B.), the direction of the styling, and that vibrant blue background teamed with the monochromatic fonts. I'm into it!

Yeah. I actually like the cover despite my joke. Always has been something that they can't get right. Always irks me.

Margot Robbie by Camilla Akrans

Hair: Bryce Scarlett for Moroccanoil; Makeup: Pati Dubroff for Chanel; Manicure: Ashlie Johnson for Chanel Le Vernis; Production: Paul Preiss for Preiss Creative; Prop Styling: Evan Jourden; Video DP: Danny Dwyer.

Amazing!!!

hbz-december-2018-margot-robbie-01-1541702697.jpg hbz-december-2018-margot-robbie-02-1541702658.jpg hbz-december-2018-margot-robbie-06-1541702174.jpg hbz-december-2018-margot-robbie-10-1541702534.jpg hbz-december-2018-margot-robbie-04-1541702594.jpg hbz-december-2018-margot-robbie-08-1541702461.jpg hbz-december-2018-margot-robbie-09-1541702568.jpg hbz-december-2018-margot-robbie-05-1541702627.jpg

Well that’s a redeemable edit. I like every shot. That last shot would of made a great holiday cover but as always Bazaar’s choices baffle me. Glenda is so stuck in her thinking of “what sells” on the newsstand even if it really doesn’t sell that much.

Love the editorial. Those pictures with black/white backdrop are stunning, could've been a better cover.

I love the shoot - but given how really awful their editorials have been recently, I'm looking at it and seeing the outcome of luck more than anything else.

Because when someone's looks are that classically perfect, this bland style of photography actually works to enhance things, because you're not putting distractions in the way of the physical beauty.

Wow, quite easily her most splendid shoot to date. And from Glenda. The two portraits would've made better cover options. But overall it's a winner for Bazaar.

With all that said, can someone please explain to me why Bazaar always have their covergirls on a swing of sorts, or walking a rope? Regardless of who's shooting? So odd.

WOW one of those close ups should have been the cover. Absolutely Old Hollywood movie star feel, and stunning :wub:

I still love the cover from the HQ's just as much as I did from the scanned image! Margot really does photograph like a dream and I can imagine it won't take long for Harper's Bazaar Australia to reprint this (maybe with that last shot from #24 as the cover). :heart:

I LOVE every single image and the geometric composition in the pic with the black bodysuit. Simply amazing.

Very beautiful ed! Simple, well styled...Kinda cliché for HB but it’s less cheesy than usual.
And she is wearing Chanel & Tom Ford. It’s good for me...

Of course, Michael Kors managed to be featured on this. It’s an invasion at this point...

Love that one with Tom Ford croc-effect corset

270 Pages

It would appear this issue if far more visual than US Vogue, which I find shocking. Yes, it's a dual month issue, but still.

Flying High

Photographer: Camilla Akrans
Stylist: Charles Varenne
Hair: Bryce Scarlett
Makeup: Pati Dubroff
Cast: Margot Robbie

US Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

From Paris with Love

Photographer: Mariano Vivanco
Stylist: Charles Varenne
Hair: Ed Moelands
Makeup: Nicky M'nray
Cast: Abby Champion

Kate the Great

Seemingly a feature to tie in with her Decorte partnership.

Photographer: Solve Sundsbo
Stylist: James Brown
Hair: Malcolm Edwards
Makeup: Sam Bryant
Cast: Kate Moss

New Bohemians

Coach advertorial......

Photographer: Zoe Grossmann
Stylist: Miguel Enamorado
Hair: Hiro + Mari
Makeup: Morgane Martini
Cast: Harleth Kuusik, Kiko Mizuhara, Selah Marley (Lauryn Hill's daughter), Brigette Lundy-Paine, Indira Scott

Eye Candy

Photographer: Victor Demarchelier
Stylist: Miguel Enamorado
Hair: David Von Cannon
Makeup: Yuki Hayashi
Cast: Olivia Anakwe

Winter's Best

I'm assuming this is a reprint from HB China? Hao Wang is not on the US masthead.

Photographer: Zack Zhang
Stylist: Hao Wang
Hair: Nate Peng
Makeup: Jiqun Li
Cast: Xin Xie

Michelle Obama

Seems this was a US Hearst exclusive. I wonder whether the same interview appears in Elle, that would be really tacky of them!
Much prefer this outtake, especially for a cover.

Photographer: Miller Mobley
Stylist: Meredith Koop
Hair: Yene Damtew
Makeup: Carl Ray
Cast: Michelle Obama

Postscript

Photographer: Yulia Gorbachenko
Stylist: Joanna Hillman
Makeup: Marla Belt
Cast: ?

Users who are viewing this thread