US Harper's Bazaar April 2010 : Demi Moore by Mark Seliger

^seems like it! i usually get it around the same time as W and that magazine is already in stores..

HB cover as always bad but I just wait for fashion ed with models not caleb.
yes totally and here Demi (who I think is stunning is real life) looks old, stiff and not gracing properly the cover, even the pose is like static and not fluid, I don't know I'm not a fan of that cover and yes indeed I want modeeeels not A-list celebrities!

Thought this seemed to be late, being waiting for a review for a while, they always have strong editorial content.
Hope this doesn't affect the import copies, meaning their lateness to the UK.

I don't know why but the last time that I got excited to buy an HB issue was when Tina was on the cover. And I can't believe how different photographers manage to make all of their issues look the same.

Review:

"Chelsea the Handler"
Ph. Ben Watts
Fashion Editor: Katie Mossman
Features Chelsea Handler and Abigail Breslin

"Demi Moore's Dream Life"
Ph. Mark Seliger
Fashion Editor: Rachel Zoe

"What's White Now"
Ph. Peter Lindbergh
Fashion Editor: Brana Wolf
Models: Heidi Mount and Jessica Stam
Heidi and Jessica looking very Upper East Side/Hamptons (WASP-y? Pun intended?) in lots of white looks (Obviously) - and dalmatians.

"Why is this Woman Smiling?"
Feature on Sam Taylor-Wood

"Chic at Every Price"
Ph. Terry Tsiolis
Fashion Editor: Aleksandra Woroniecka
Model: Toni Garrn
Studio editorial, a variety of looks

"The Emperor's New Clothes"
Ph. Jennifer Livingston
Feature on Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli (Creative Directors of Valentino)

the only ed i'm excited about is jessica and heidi's, the two peter's muses... though the title makes me expect a boring and typical hb studio ed... i just hope my expectations are wrong.

Faith, Faith, Faith, you've made my day with your review. I'm going to karma you for that. Can't wait to see Toni Garrn, that girl is growing on me and Tsiolis studio shoots are usually quite good.

Review sounds disappointing. But I love Toni and looking forward to see her ed though I don't have big hopes since it's a studio shot.
Thanks for sharing review.

Can't wait to see Lindbergh's edit as well, judging from the description it sounds fantastic.

It must be one of his last works for US Bazaar, since he is back to work in Vogue now.

Thanks Faith, you've made my day with the review as well. Sounds like there is some good editorial content, even with only two.
Toni Garrn by Terry Tsiolis should be good, his studio shoots are always a pleasure.
Can't wait to see Lindbergh's edit as well, judging from the description it sounds fantastic.

You're welcome everyone :flower:

the only ed i'm excited about is jessica and heidi's, the two peter's muses... though the title makes me expect a boring and typical hb studio ed... i just hope my expectations are wrong.

It's all outdoors (Although the coloring of the editorial is more bleak than bright - of course standard Lindbergh) :smile: Lots of vintage props as well - driving a vintage car, holding vintage tennis rackets, etc. Although they're also talking on iPhones in one shot :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ ho thaaanks :flower:
that's nice of you, i'm quite more appealed now! i love peter's work but sometimes his work in hb just doesn't look like his, that's why i was a bit anxious!

OMG This is like the most boring issue ever... goes straight on Ebay;-)

I hope the Lindbergh ed will be good. Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the review Faith. :flower: I'm looking forward to seeing the Lindbergh and Terry Tsiolis eds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->