US Vogue April 2010 : Gisele Bündchen by Patrick Demarchelier

Discussion in 'Vintage Magazines' started by matheus_s, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Cosette

Cosette être ton cygne noir

LOVE how fresh this is! I am so excited to get my issue.

2. fee de foret

fee de foret Member

i am no fan of gisele, but atleast the cover star is actually relevant to the world of fashion. but the mcqueen banner is just a disgrace. i can't believe they gave such abysmal cover lines such as "my three face lifts- a 20 year old nip and tuck diary" and "losing it- a foodie gets fit" precedence over a tribute to one of the greatest talents of the fashion world.

3. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

great that they put a model on the cover for once, but hell, did she really have to wear something like that????? horrible outfit.

4. dfl-001

dfl-001 Well-Known Member

The cover looks cheap.
    The styling is really bad.
    Gisele and Kate Moss can't be the only models working!
    I'm stunned this is from Demarchelier, I would expect better.

#104 dfl-001, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by moderator donnatellake: Mar 15, 2010
  5. parkereloise

parkereloise Active Member

i'm glad it's gisele but i'm not too crazy about the cover.

6. tanii94

tanii94 Active Member

I expected more from Gisele.-_-

7. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Its a nice fresh pic but she does look like a suburban mommy on the cover! Maybe it would have worked better with a more edgy model not someone classically beautiful

8. xerq

xerq !

Gis' ed look like outtakes for her vanity fair issue.
    is there a review yet since it's out in brasil?

9. Leeroi

Leeroi New Member

Usually editorials based on the cover aren't really exciting when it comes to US Vogue; the sideline editorials are way better. So it's expected that the editorial with Gisele isn't that groundbreaking.

I actually like the 90's feel to the cover and her editorial. I love the movement of the shots; and Gisele does best when told to move around. However, the direction of the editorial is nothing but complete randomness. It's very incoherent. I guess if they did more shots of her exercising it would have been too similar to the editorial of her promoting a healthy lifestyle; forgot what issue.

Another thing, I'm happy to see Gisele back to full supermodel mode. With all these supermodels making comebacks in high fashion, she deserves some attentions because she is THE supermodel.

Can't wait to see the other eds.

10. i-man91

i-man91 New Member

Boring..................... NEXT!

11. thiago:)

thiago:) she's got the look

i'm really happy for her. she's looking absolutely gorgeous on the cover :heart: and i do actually love the styling :blush:

12. AnaBGD

AnaBGD Active Member

The cover is OK, even good, when it comes to US Vogue standards, but the editorial is so disappointing, big letdown.

13. ForChicSake

ForChicSake New Member

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl: you got me lmfao!

14. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Good lord, US Vogue, how about a nice cover once in a while?

15. electrichearts

electrichearts New Member

Gisele looks gorgeous! I still won't be buying this though. US Vogue bores me to death.

16. versustito

versustito Well-Known Member

Love the cover!

17. happycanadian

happycanadian Well-Known Member

she looks absolutely gorgeous!! the styling is dreadful, but what can ya do ...

Gisele is an icon. she's truly the last proper supermodel in terms of being both a household name and a reigning queen of the high fashion world. and now that she's with the most famous football player in America, and they have a child, she's created one of America's most famous young-modern families. she's relevant. and she's a tremendous role model. i know people go on about her spouting bits of wisdom -- but since when is that a bad thing?! these journalists are asking her the questions, she's just responding in an honest way.

i love that she's on the cover, i think it's a fabulous choice and i think she looks spectacular.

(*though the only thing that could've made it better would have been if it featured more than just Gisele. if it were a Supermodel Moms cover ... but that's only because i'm selfish and i wanna see KK on another VOGUE cover. lol*)

18. ash92

ash92 Member

I'm so happy I got this mag today:smile: was at this small bookshop and they happen to import it in faster than Borders.

Anyways, I am really saddened by Kim Noorda's article.:cry: It's like a personal recount of her struggles with weight. Throughout her journal, from Jan 2009 until Jan 2010, she's gaining weight bit by bit.

Quotes from the article:

"She told me 5 pounds is not that much, and probably no one would see it. I told her that people in the fashion industry see every gram of fat..."

"Every season I gained a little weight, and every time it felt like I was doing fewer shows."

"The board showed that she had only booked skinny girls. i didn't know if the pair of trousers was really too small or if I have become so much heavier than the rest. What I do know is that I could not get them zipped up with all my strength."

"At Alberta Ferretti I can't help noticing or imagining that they think I'm too big. Not what they wanted. I just try my best. At Lanvin I get canceled on the second day; they want a blonder girl. Next is Givenchy, with two models who are a lot skinnier. I try, but the shoot does not seem to work."

#118 ash92, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 16, 2010
  19. L.A.Woman85

L.A.Woman85 New Member

i can't wait to read the entire article about kim... i feel really sorry for her. you can feel her sadness ...poor girl :(

20. clo

clo Active Member

Yes, Kim's article is very sad, from what we can read in the preview. And she's such a gorgeous girl.