US Vogue August 2015 : Nicole Kidman by Patrick Demarchelier

^unbelievable - what's Nicole real age? :o i didn't recognize her on the cover ... :shock: she looks like her own grown daughter

Last edited by a moderator:
Typical US Vogue. Nothing exciting, no wow.
I find it interesting that when Wintour started as EIC at Vogue she was seen as an innovator. Now she's staler than any of her predecessors.

how does arizona muse still get work after everything that is known about her . eugh.

the other editorials look promising :smile:

Maggie looks amazing! :wub: It's such a pleasant surprise to see her back on the pages of Vogue!

^Seriously! What a sight for sore eyes. :heart:

Loving to see Hawkesworth becoming a Vogue regular too, especially when teaming up with Camilla.

American Vogue and Vanity Fair are generally indistinguishable from one another nowadays. Not even worth the effort to call them bland anymore when that's been their standard since she's been there. She's a natural businesswoman for sure, but her commoner's sense of style and tepid imagination just sucks the individuality out of any photographer that shoots for her Vogue.

Yeah, Peter's been doing the impossibly romantic, backstage-staged shoots forever now and likely sleepwalked through this, but he does it with such effortless ease and grace that I feel he can keep doing it until the end of time, and I wouldn't resist it. He really is that good, I feel.

Nicole's docu-ed is an amazing, can't wait to see the movie!

I agree with the many who expressed that Nicole's ed is so much better than the cover, I don't know what Wintour is looking for in a cover but there's no way that any of Peter's pictures were not worthy! The cover just takes away from it all, imo. Nicole's back looks kinda detached, I wish she was showing more of it.
As for the rest of the mag, I'm only happy to see Maggie. The rest is same old same old.

The cover wasn't shot by Demarchelier, but by Lindbergh. Confirmed by Vogue's instagram account.

^The cover is by Patrick Demarchelier according to vogue.com

Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Make-Up: Jeanine Lobell
Hair: Shay Ashual

vogue.com

A World Apart
Photographer:
Peter Lindbergh
Stylist: Phyllis Posnick
Stars: Nicole Kidman, Jude Law, Damien Lewis
Make-Up: Diane Kendal
Hair: Shay Ashual

vogue.com

Is Nicole promoting Queen of the Desert? Does Anna know the movie was a huge flop and premiered on Lifetime?

With that said, I don't hate the cover. Of course Nicole hasn't looked like that in about 15 years, but that's another story.

Is Nicole promoting Queen of the Desert? Does Anna know the movie was a huge flop and premiered on Lifetime?

With that said, I don't hate the cover. Of course Nicole hasn't looked like that in about 15 years, but that's another story.

That was Grace of Monaco. :flower: I think this is for Queen of the Desert, which is why Damien is there, and Genius.

My guess is this is Lindbergh's covershot. It's on his agency's website along with the rest of the story.

*2bmanagement.com

^that could have a been a better cover imo, a little zoom and all the taglines around the crates...

I like Maggie's ed, so nice to see her back, she looks fantastic.

You want proof that this cover was shot by Demarchelier? HERE.

Is that proof enough for everyone?

*IPHONE SNAP COURTESY OF MYSELF

^ Sigh, karma! I don't understand why its so hard for people to believe that the cover was re shot by a different Photographer (it hasn't happened the first, or the last time), and take peoples word for it.

You want proof that this cover was shot by Demarchelier? HERE.

Is that proof enough for everyone?

:lol: Thanks Kroqjock! Interesting that Tonne also ended up styling the cover and not Phyllis.

The shot posted by Melancholybaby does look like a cover try, but Vogue would never publish that. All those boxes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->