US Vogue August 2015 : Nicole Kidman by Patrick Demarchelier

My guess is this is Lindbergh's covershot. It's on his agency's website along with the rest of the story.

If this was really the cover try, I think it’s a better cover shot. I love her expression with the camera. But it’s definitely not Vogue US-sy enough.

To me that shot is NOT cover worthy, and if its indeed the shot intended for the cover, then i see why Wintour didn't run it. But Lindbergh put forward more than one cover contender, and all were denied. (based on what i heard)

I think that if you zoom the image to show Nicole from hips up it could work as a cover. It wouldn't be the first time that US Vogue had props on the cover, usually they're couches but still. If you hire Lindbergh you know this is the type of photography you'll get, to change the photographer for just the cover is insulting :angry:

You want proof that this cover was shot by Demarchelier? HERE.

[

Is that proof enough for everyone?

*IPHONE SNAP COURTESY OF MYSELF

So, it is by Lindbergh after all! ;-))) Don't shoot the joker! Kidding;-)

That was Grace of Monaco. :flower: I think this is for Queen of the Desert, which is why Damien is there, and Genius.

Ah, yes, of course. I feel stupid for confusing the two. But then, it's hard to keep track of all her flops.

And I too think that shot from the editorial that melancholybaby posted would've made for a great cover.

I see why the cover shot of Lindbergh didn't work. From a far, it doesn't look like she's staring at the camera only then when you look closer that you'll realize that she actually does. The thumbnail itself makes her look like she's staring at something else... and that's not a cover for US Vogue. The eyes have to look straight at the reader from a far or at near instance

I am having second thoughts about this cover now that I've seen it in HQ. It doesn't look real and I'm having issues about the back part of the cover. It looks like an add on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible cover. Her expression, and the massive airbrushing, make her seem annoyed, and constipated. The editorial by lindbergh is beautiful tho.

You're angry with Maggie Rizer and Arizona Muse? What did they do?

The cover is fine, but the editorial is miles away better, i guess than Nicole needs to stop for put too much botox.

The content sounds great, i'm enjoy it the Maggie's editorial. :heart:

The cover in HQ looks much better than in thumbnail form.

I'm glad they left some wrinkles around her eyes + hands and her skin looks textured and 3 dimensional.

But, the unnatural blurring of the background plus the crispiness of the "Vogue" and versus tag "Nicole on Fire" makes the image appear more avatar like than it should.

The worst edits are around the left of Nicole's face. As the light source is from the right and behind her, the aformentioned should be darker.

The issue is not that we don't believe the cover was shot by Demarchelier, obviously their IT department isn't coordinated on social media. Thanks for clearing it out guys.

I can't believe they brought back Maggie and Arizona:angry::sick:
haha.. Maggie was so the Caroline Trentini of the late 90s/early 00s... I was never particularly impressed but she was pushed down our throats with such determination (not unlike Trentini) that I feel some kind of distant cousin excitment to see her back. :lol:

Arizona in American Vogue is one of the few things I loved about that magazine.. she always looked amazing in their conservative productions.

Why does the trunk say NC? Isn't it supposed to be NK, her initials?

^^Umm, maybe it's for Nicole Cruise?

La Vie Tory
PH: Bruce Weber
Style: Sara Moonves
Models/Celeb: Tory Burch, Edita Vilkeviciute, Hilary Rhoda

*Contributor prefers to remain anonymous

So far this looks like a solid issue... Thanks for the scans Krocjock!

Arizona's face in the last picture...not good! Is she smiling, crying, baring her teeth, wincing?

I knew once Arizona Muse moved back to New York from London she was going to be in Vogue again!!

I love her editorial, but I'm with t-rex the last shot is a little weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->