US Vogue December 2010 : Angelina Jolie by Mario Testino

I quite like it. Indeed, Anne's November cover was more Christmas-like and would have probably been more appropriate for December issue. But this cover looks very fresh and young, and even though I'm not a fan of Angelina, I must say she looks fantastic.

I agree that November & December covers should switch. This cover looks nothing festive to me and i don't like the picture. The editorial pics are much better

I thought the cover was quit beautiful.....for a US Vogue cover that is. I love Angelina and her spread gorgeous also......What can you say, We must always lower is standers for Vogue US

This would of made such a great cover:

image2xc.png

(fake cover, my edit)

gosh, what a fake-looking cover! worst of the year, as far as i'm concerned. what did she do to deserve a cover, again?

Well the cover is OK, but it doesn't look at all like a Vogue US cover, and I don't know whether thats a good thing or a bad thing:unsure: Anyhow totally nonplussed with this.
The feature pics are nice, but there are some photoshopping issues.

gosh, what a fake-looking cover! worst of the year, as far as i'm concerned. what did she do to deserve a cover, again?

I'm really impressed you're able to chose a "worst" US Vogue cover of the year when there were so many awful ones. SJP's and Carey's were equally as awful as this one. US Vogue covers sucked this year.

Am I the only one that thinks her jawline is just too strong on the cover? I can admire a strong jaw on a woman, but it's downright distracting.:blink:

One thing you can always count on US Vogue for: sticking the best pic from the photoshoot in the editorial and choosing a totally uninspiring shot for the cover.

was so excited to see this since she normally takes amazing pics, this angle looks bizzare and its as if shes too close to the background. The ed is nice though

#104 That definitively would be better. That's my fave pic from the editorial.

Anyway I like the cover. She looks pretty as usual but in a softer way. Not so fan of the colors but I still like it and Ill be buying it of course.

You all know I love Angelina :heart:

It's 90's and I hate it. The lighting is all wrong and that isn't Angelina's most flattering angle. The whole corset and back display doesn't seen Anna either.
Anne Hathaway's November cover was more fitting for a typical December concept. Hopefully the editorial content is strong, I have no doubts.

If only she'd been wearing something else on the cover, I think I would have liked it, but that lacing reminds me of cheap peasant tops, and when you combine it with the sight of tattoos - with the furthermost one turning into a messy blur around her shoulderblade - and I get annoyed with everything from the shoulder down.

In terms of those tattoos, if they're going to get featured in a cover shot, then someone needs to be brave enough to make a feature of them, instead of putting them at a bad angle where you can still see them, but they don't look like much - like indeciperable blue crap on someone's back. I only know what they are from recalling other shots of them.

@JesseDillon: The black and white photo would have been a better cover. Great edit! :heart:

If US Vogue knew how to take some risks they would have chosen that picture for the cover...but noo....

The first published shot of a Tom Ford piece and the entire photograph is awful. There's simply no justification for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->