US Vogue January 2006 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

Who are the models in US Vogue January?

Are Eugenia, Hana, Julia, Daria or Gemma gone?

Are Doutzen, Natasha in?

The cover reminds me of an old Seventeen cover or something. She's channeling Edie Sedgewick in the editorial. I guess it makes sense since she's filming the movie. Personally, it's a blah issue but if you like Sienna, you'll like this issue.

Other eds are a typical Meisel studio shoot with Gemma, Sasha, Caroline T, and Lily.

Raymond Meier accessories ed with Solange

Mario Testino ed with Sienna, at least 7 pages

Steven Klein ed with Lisa Cant, something about machines?

Demarchelier ed with Caroline T, exciting pantsuits...

I say pick it up if you love Sienna Miller, otherwise pick up French Vogue or something...

From Fashion Wire Daily.

Obsessed With Best-Dressed
The OTHER side of the Vogue list

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

January 2006 cover
© Mario Testino / VOGUE
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
(NEW YORK)
Compared to their beefy March and September counterparts, January and July fashion magazines are typically gaunt—in terms of both editorial and advertising pages. Vogue’s annual Best-Dressed List, a compilation spearheaded by Hamish Bowles of the best looks as worn by bold-faced names both in the celebrity and social circles in the past year, is one genuine way to increase those newsstand sales between seasons.
  • And while many of the 50 names come as no surprise—Lauren Davis, Sienna Miller, Lisa Airan, and Aerin Lauder—it’s interesting to see which designers topped the list this year. Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, and Prada all had a stellar year in seeing their creations on the backs of the world’s most fickle women, but it was Chanel and Christian Lacroix that tied for houses that garnered the fashion bible’s ultimate stamp of approval. The former’s dresses appeared on Vanessa Paradis, Princess Caroline of Hanover, Cecilia Dean, and Daphne Guinness, while the latter enjoyed an equally bright spotlight, thanks in no small part to Kirsten Dunst, Anne Bass, Anh Duong, and Jemma Kidd. Here, The Daily breaks down the designer credits:

Alberta Ferretti- 1
    Alexander McQueen- 11
    Azarro- 1
    Balenciaga- 1
    Behnaz Sarafpour- 1
    Calvin Klein- 1
    Carolina Herrera- 1
    Chanel- 1111
    Chloé- 1
    Christian Lacroix- 1111
    Dior- 11
    Dolce & Gabbana- 1
    J. Mendel- 1
    Jean Paul Gaultier- 1
    Marc Jacobs- 111
    Missoni- 1Narciso Rodriguez- 1
    Oscar de la Renta- 111
    Peter Soronen- 1
    Prada- 111
    Proenza Schouler- 11
    Ralph Lauren- 1
    Roberto Cavalli- 1
    Rochas- 11
    Roland Mouret- 1
    Thai batik- 1
    Valentino- 11
    Vera Wang- 11
    Viktor & Rolf- 1
    Yves Saint Laurent- 111

There's something about the combination of that acid yellow and pink that looks really wrong...... great picture but the colours make it look really.........gosh can't quite put my finger on it.......80's?

Edit: Actually...looking at it again I just realised that the pic makes Sienna look like she's got no neck which is never good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, the girl's already pretty, she doesn't need all that airbrush! But there's a lot of Caroline in that issue, so I'm pretty happy ^_^

lovely, i love it sienna on cover of US Vogue, i am so happy for sienna and i really want to her to be on vogue cover, she look soooooooooooo amazing

Very blindingly bright cover, but I'm excited Sasha's going to be in it! Can't go wrong with Caroline Trentini editorials either.

Wow...
I don't like US Vogue anymore, nor do I even like Sienna, but this cover's impressive! I think she looks great, and I like the colour scheme.

The only thing I would change about it is her pose - the fact that her neck is just lost... it could be better, so I agree with susie bubble, in that respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like her head is somewhat separated from her body. And she should drop the Edie schtick and make up her own.

She's still ok though. She deserves one.

I don't like this. But with her status, Sienna was bound to get the cover sooner or later. (I just didn't know it would be this soon, this is only "Casanova" :innocent: ) I do have to admit it's a good cover.

Does anyone know how thick this issue is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->