US Vogue September 2007 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

^Exept Vogue Paris/Italia/Nippon

I wouldn't know about Vogue Nippon - but if Conde Nast ever decides to stop subsidising the existence of French & Italian Vogue with the money they gain from elsewhere in the empire, they'll be in worse trouble than the rest. Fingers crossed that day would never come, but I can remember when Conde Nast culled its entire French stable of publications save for Vogue, and if such ruthlessness happened once, it can happen again.

I subscribe and I have not received the September issue yet but I saw it on the newsstand 2 weeks ago. Grrrrrr.

Laurenpossible, that happens to me quite frequently as well. I still stand by my idea that the bored post office employees probably flip through my magazines.

I'm a college student and I might just break down and pay the 100 and something subscription to french vogue and get one from W and V and maybe Italia but def no more US Vogue they lured me with the bohemith book and I now I just want to throw it out. Jumping... again... seriously. Sienna...serioulsy! I want them to push. Push damnit, push. I only liked reading Andre's article on Isabel Toledo, Barak Obamas wife and the one on the woman who left fashion to help lepresy victims. though she seemed a little annoying and distant. Too in love with the fantasy of what she was doing for my tastes.

source | wwd

The great democratization of criticism promised by the Internet is in full swing, even on blogs run by major media organizations. The New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn's mid-August review on her blog of the September Vogue was full of unenthused praise ("great," "informative and fun") followed by a criticism that the issue lacked "the offbeat and young....The looks shown in the issue convey a sense of authority and judgment, but the labels have a duty roster feel."

But that was nothing compared to the thousands of words of heated comments by readers that followed, many excoriating the magazine for being stale, out of touch, racist and elitist. "Cathy, why are you even reviewing [Vogue]?" wondered one reader. "Perhaps they should be reviewing you?" But another confessed that despite its misgivings, "I read it faithfully.... Vogue is Vogue. You know, if God let some typos into the Bible, you wouldn't stop reading it just cuz, would you?"

In a follow-up post last week that responded to some of her online buddies, Horyn delivered a rather backhanded compliment: "If I admire Anna Wintour for one thing, it is that she runs Vogue as she sees fit."

A Vogue spokesman told WWD, "We're always very interested to hear what Cathy Horyn has to say, and in this case, her readers as well."

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the search function and nothing came up, so I just wanted to check--was the Michelle Obama article scanned?

I used the search function and nothing came up, so I just wanted to check--was the Michelle Obama article scanned?

Nobody scanned it. I chose not to scan it since political discussions of any kind are not allowed on tFS:flower:

:D i don't feel so alone anymore.
maybe we might get somewhere, anywhere, in years to come if we keep the complaints up?

the paris, je t'aime editorial is the most beautiful spread I have EVER seen. Words cannot express how much I love it..... absolutely gorgeous. :heart:

i picked up my copy last night, it's thicker than the phone book! haven't had a chance to wade through it yet...

I am incredibly picky when it comes to magazines, and I was scowling and grumbling to myself in the bookstore with all the same gripes in this thread, and I got really pissed off because I'd read all the other ones they had, so I begrudgingly took it home ... and I saw the Paris ed. And that completely eradicated anything that was crap about this issue previously. It's my new all-time favorite and I'm making avatars of it right now.

And somebody seriously needs to LOL!1 the Sienna ed, by the way.

I still want to make avatars but I can't find anything HQ enough, so if anybody has HQ scans of Paris Je T'aime, could you PM them to me? That would be great.

I am incredibly picky when it comes to magazines, and I was scowling and grumbling to myself in the bookstore with all the same gripes in this thread, and I got really pissed off because I'd read all the other ones they had, so I begrudgingly took it home ... and I saw the Paris ed. And that completely eradicated anything that was crap about this issue previously. It's my new all-time favorite and I'm making avatars of it right now.

And somebody seriously needs to LOL!1 the Sienna ed, by the way.

When I read this I can't help but think about the film and Grace's fight to keep her ed in. :P

I just got the actual magazine for $1.99 in perfect condition! Happiest day ever!

From where?! That's such a good deal! I already have this issue, but past September issues get pretty insanely expensive online. The september 2006 one, in particular.

^ From a second hand book store in Toronto. All Vogues for $1.99, including the new September with Kate Moss. I can't wait to go back to grab the models cover with Gisele, Natalia and Daria.

This issue is fetched up to $100 and over on eBay, it's crazy. I'm so happy to finally get my hands on it, especially with Grace's stunning stories in it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->