US Vogue September 2007 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

Does anyone know the commissions that US Vogue gets from all of this...? :ninja:

1202975263_4b96b92805_o.jpg

image source | condenast

This is a general idea...I'm sure some designers get a deal depending on how many pages they buy & how many free clothes Anna receives, etc etc :innocent::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my issue and i was so scared my handmade reusable bag was going to rip apart! :lol:

One thing I am curious about is, if Vogue decides to top each year's September issue by adding more ads and making it "The Biggest Issue Yet!", how thick will it be in 10 years? Perhaps they will break it down and make September Issue, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2!

In case sept Vogue isnt around, which of elle, bazaar, w is better? Have to say, neither of them look really exciting :( Might as well order a box of chocolates from the States:P

I'd definitely get W:flower:otherwise I could give you a list of the best chocolates to get from the States...but I digress:lol:

poor carol....how come she hasn't boken her ankle yet?

In case sept Vogue isnt around, which of elle, bazaar, w is better? Have to say, neither of them look really exciting :( Might as well order a box of chocolates from the States

To be honest, a box of nice chocolates might have given me longer satisfaction than Vogue! There are some good articles, but on the whole kind of bland.

Ihave not yet finished going trhugh the magazine and I have counted for GISELE
4 YLS pages
4 Vogue Eyewear pages
1 Ebel page
Huge centerfold for Dolce & Gabbana - THE ONE like 8 pages
She is rulling the adds!!!

That Gawker piece is priceless and here I thought Gawker had fallen off. I predict a Model Macros thread to pop up any minute now :innocent:

I expect at least 5 Trentini shots captioned "I'M UP IN UR VOGUE KILLIN UR MOODZ"

omg hinderback totally started model macros :angry:

To be honest, a box of nice chocolates might have given me longer satisfaction than Vogue! There are some good articles, but on the whole kind of bland.

I have to agree, this issue was a real disappointment. It's cloying to say the least and the editorials cannot compare to last year's issue. And I swear to God if I see Caroline jumping in the air or in some awkward pose with a stupid look on her face again - I will stop buying this magazine for good. I just can't stand those types of editorials, they are cringe worthy (imho). I did enjoy some of the articles but overall I wish I could send my pristine copy into cyberspace for someone else to enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think those people working for Vogue US are kind of wound up... They're scared of trying anything different. And the U.S. is pretty conservative, so they can't have any provoking photos or articles. And plus, it's a magazine so they can't have disagreeable opinions. I'm so tired of reading stuff in VOGUE because it seems so superficial, words for sake of words. "A structural cape adds shape to any outfit", "This September, be bold and go for sequin pieces. The more shine, the better!" Ok, I made those ups, but WTF! That stuff doesn't mean ANYTHING and does not come from the heart! How can you be passionate about fashion and read that stuff and be content?!

you guys said: "Caroline!!! Stop jumping!!! Honestly, cant they think of something more original??" "2. miss trentini must have polaroids of anna wintour* doing it with farm animals or something. cause there is no other explanation for her appearance month after month after month in VIRTUALLY the same edit everytime. whoo! look at me! i'm jumping! wheeee!"

i'm saying: do you hear all the time "us vogue is the best, most influential magazine in the whole world!" ? because i hear prominent people saying that and it just kills me. how can sickeningly boring pictures and stories froma women who seems to just sit on her straight *** the enter time be influencing our greatly changing fashion world? this is the time for fashion to take huge risks. it's the 2000s. we have 90 year lives and nothing to lose and anna and her folks just seem to be coasting by watching the fashion world revolve around them and actually try while they don't. i just think us vogue is pathetic, uninspiring and ultimately SAD. who agrees?
usually the sept issue is a tad better but this one isn't!!

i'm saying: do you hear all the time "us vogue is the best, most influential magazine in the whole world!" ? because i hear prominent people saying that and it just kills me. how can sickeningly boring pictures and stories froma women who seems to just sit on her straight *** the enter time be influencing our greatly changing fashion world?

Bravo! I totally agree. I am a huge huge huge fan of Vogue UK. I think its the strongest of the bunch. It hits the mark by being edgy but not to the point of too much.

I love those model photos making fun of the whole sham. They are perfect. I was laughing about them all day today. :smile: thanks for posting them!!

I was wondering if anyone posted scans for the Fassbinder article, and thank you in advance :smile:.

> Bravo! I totally agree. I am a huge huge huge fan of Vogue UK. I think its the strongest of the bunch. It hits the mark by being edgy but not to the point of too much.

Though could that be the 'grass is greener' effect? I find UK Vogue to be stuffy and conservative and rather bad at reflecting any of the vigour I see around me in the UK, and I wish it would quit with its endless emphasis on the lifestyles and fashion sense of self-indulgent monied people who live only in the London area. As someone from the UK, my own version of Vogue doesn't speak to me at all. But yes, it's certainly a lot better than the current incarnation of US Vogue.

Perhaps the problem is that all mainstream magazines - Vogues, Bazaars, Elles - are having a confidence crisis at the moment, in the face of the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->