US Vogue June/July 2021 : Kaia Gerber by Colin Dodgson

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by TZ001, May 18, 2021.

1. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

I really like the cover with the minimal layout. It's really summer-y and laid back and the editorial is good.

I'll take Kaia, it could've been Addison Rae so.

crmsnsnwflks likes this.
  2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Is she hiding an oversized Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume bottle behind her back? LOL

When I factor in US Vogue's covers over the past two years, then I think this looks gorgeous. Very old-school US Vogue. There is something regal about but I wish she would look more.....mature. Anna is very clearly rolling dice by giving Kaia a double month cover. Do people care that much about her? I dunno. Maybe the Insta set.

The editorial however is terrible, only like the last shot.

3. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

It's an outtake from a Daisy advert, no wait, it's a summery cover of a girl who, despite the innumerable comparisons to her mother, has a face more like her father, no matter how they try to shoot her or style her. And there's nothing wrong with being a pretty girl who looks like the girly version of her dad - it just doesn't make her the second coming of a supermodel.

4. MON

MON Well-Known Member

I like it. There's something very hopeful about this particular cover (not referring to Kaia). Maybe its the way that she's looking ahead?

I'd rather have Kaia than some TikTok star.

vogue28 likes this.
  5. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Got no complaints seeing Kaia Gerber on the cover of Vogue, always love the sight of a beach, love the clear blue skies and the warm sunset lighting - along with the sense of freedom and optimism the cover brings but perhaps I could've done with eye-contact. A very pleasant cover, nevertheless!

dodencebt, 1018am and JPineapple like this.
  6. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

It´s a pretty pic but I´m so tired of US Vogue´s bland photography...

7. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

This isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was picturing a stuffy studio shoot with Kaia attempting to show her range, so I'm glad it's not that. Kaia obviously is very pretty and there are some good shots of her, this just doesn't feel like a model's shoot though. Feels much more celebrity-esque.

Ghesquiere32, lightblue and Benn98 like this.
  8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Very true, Gigi's cover had the same feel as well. Kendall's covers were actually more model-esque, more fashion-forward which is strange because unlike Kaia and Gigi she does the least amount of work so always thought it strange that Vogue tried to push her as a HF model.

And yet again Bella must sit on the sideline.

9. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

This! Unfortunately, long gone are the days in which it was an event for a cover subject to be photographed and transformed by the likes of Steven Meisel or Mario Testino for the cover of American Vogue.

10. Flamingjune

Flamingjune Active Member

This right here is everything wrong with fashion today! What a shame!!!!!!!

Magic Spells and Ghesquiere32 like this.
  11. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

The composition is terribly bland, only god knows why she's slightly off-centered, it doesn't make sense. The dress looks perfect...for a three year old, it's sad to think that's what Chanel has come to.

Ghesquiere32 likes this.
  12. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I like the cover. It’s serene, the photography is bland but at the same time, it’s very « Now ». I more and more like that type of photography for US Vogue because I think it will be representative of this particular era.

I don’t miss the Testino and others because in a way their covers worked perfectly for their era.

I only miss Meisel at US Vogue...

I wish she wore Vuitton instead of Chanel because that’s one ugly dress. But thank god the lighting can make us forget about that.

solid cover!

But that’s how US Vogue has always operated.
    Considering that US Vogue is a milestone in a model’s career, it actually makes totally sense to have her for her solo cover in 2021 rather than when everybody got her.

This is a re-introduction and an opportunity for her to boost her career and to really start the real thing.

13. VogueGirl8910

VogueGirl8910 Well-Known Member

The cover is stunning, but the editorial is just bad because looks like a boring catalogue of Macys. I was hoping than Cindy will appeared in more pics.

14. Blayne266

Blayne266 Well-Known Member

I’m quite conflicted because on one hand it’s refreshing to see models on American Vogue & it’s fresh and very light but on the other hand she looks very young, every other Vogue cover, I’m thinking Japan, British & Paris have made her look like a Woman but in this she looks like the daughter of a supermodel rather than a strong model in her own right.

15. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict Well-Known Member

Dreaming of Summer?
    Kaia staring into the void looks more like—Your Future is Already Used Up.

Ghesquiere32 and VogueGirl8910 like this.
  16. Ivancica

Ivancica Member

She just doesn't do it for me.
    It's just Cindy Crawford's kid on the cover of Vogue
    (not even a huge fan of Cindy for that mater, but at least she is/was a model).

The editorial is even worse.

I just want Vogue in Vogue (if you know what I mean).

17. aracic

aracic Moderator

Bland, but lovely to look at - sadly, the same can't be said for the editorial. What a bunch of crap. Whenever there's a person holding a rock or doing anything with a stupidly massive indoors rock in a fashion story I'm out. I don't get it.

How can a supposedly most important edition of all have the worst rotation of photographers and overall crew? Hideous, hideous, it's always so hideous. And to think this is approved by the woman who's supposed to be overseeing other editions... please. Fix your mess first for god's sake!

YohjiAddict and Ghesquiere32 like this.
  18. Ghesquiere32

Ghesquiere32 Active Member

I was actually happy to see the comments sharing how much they didn’t like her nor want her on the cover but one thing that’s quite shocking to me is that Bella Hadid has been modeling since 2015 been on top of her her game,and still can’t get a vogue cover to save her life while even Hailey and kaia both have one to be quite honest she barely has any editorials for US vogue either hopefully Anna can one day put aside her hatred of her and she’ll get her cover

19. conspicuousconsumer

“A magazine must have...blood and brains and pizzazz! THIS IS JUST PAPER! And if I send paper to the American woman I will have let her down.”

20. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

my expectations are so low these days I actually like it