US Vogue June/July 2021 : Kaia Gerber by Colin Dodgson

From all the nepo models out there Kaia has proven to be the worst one. The only time she looked like a real model was when Luigi & Iango photographed her for VJ.

Anna always had awful taste. Now when there is no Meisel, Testino or Grace to save her it's even more apparent. Can't wait to see her go. Even Edward does better job.

Poor JLO. Another Vogue shoot dropped again. She was supposed to be on this cover wearing a wedding dress, as this was supposed to be a bridal issue. Her last shoot for US Vogue also never ran, which was shot by Meisel. This bridal shoot will never see the light of day I suppose. Maybe Annie will use it someday in a photo book.

I don't enjoy Adut, so can't say anything about that, to me Anok Yai is much more high fashion, I'd love to see her on a cover. Or Adesuwa.
I agree (except that I truly like Adut). Adesuwa would be awesome.

Regarding this cover and the editorial... Not much to say, never been fond of Kaia's modeling and this proves me again I never will be.

Adut's career seems to have slowed down a lot. She used to be everywhere. Can't say I am upset by that fact. She was mediocre most of the time. I would love to see Alek on the cover. It's infuriating how underrated she is.

They should just rename this the 'Vogue California' edition.
It's the same bland, boring, California location, with the same bland boring California celebrity.
At least it's consistent; bland, boring, uneventful....{ sigh }

I'd actually prefer Presley on the cover in that dress!

It’s a nice cover, but I’ll never understand her appeal.

Of course her family’s in the editorial...

I don't enjoy Adut, so can't say anything about that, to me Anok Yai is much more high fashion, I'd love to see her on a cover. Or Adesuwa.

I don't enjoy Adut too and also think she's mediocre. But it doesn't matter what we enjoy or not when it comes to US Vogue. If any black model today is to make that cover, it would be Adut, not Adesuwa or Anok. Sad but true!

It's a beautiful cover but there is still an element of little girl snuck into mum's closet to play dress up

They keep taking these young women who are not especially beautiful, talented, or interesting and just shoving them down our throats repeatedly. Who cares about Kaia? Is there anything at all that's impressive or intriguing about her? She's a boring rich girl, how truly rare. :rolleyes: Also the 'Vogue California' comment above is spot on, that's their whole bit recently.

I think it’s quite lovely. It feels fresh and summery, I wish she was looking at the camera but otherwise I think it’s really nice! I’m not usually a fan of this type of aesthetic; it’s everywhere nowadays and it’s a bit tiresome, but it works for me here.

I do think the layout could have a bit more too it to make it feel more like a cover, and overall it’s not really special enough for a double issue, but it’s pretty to look at and I’m not mad at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->