US Vogue March 2009 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

i don't know if all of you here (writing on this subject) are americans but you have a serious problem with teeth (i hate dirty teeth, but i'm absolutely not obsessed by bright and perfect teeth ... moreover it's so early 1990s American Psycho) ....
i mean ................ she's not Tom Cruise ! and she's not a model ...... so move on about her physic

".... the world's been waiting for" is very very tough (i agree) and typical US egocentrism .... so personnaly it makes me smile ... but that's it !
and yes occidental world has been waiting for a 'black' president ..... not sure they've waited for Michelle, though .....

oh i just googled O, the Oprah Ma-ga-zine ... ***EDIT*** .... It has nothing to do with this ..... because from what i've seen (but maybe i'm wrong) Oprah is most of the time standing up and shooted in a studio with cheap effects .....

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Obama, of course...but his wife ! she has a good stylist, I admit she's really pretty but that's all, no big deal ! no way to put her face on the cover of vogue !

FACT?
Who told you that is FACT?
No one can say who is the best who is not. We can only judge on the works. One by one. There are good ones and also bad ones like this.

Ha ha! No no, you see baby, you're simply revealing your pitiful ignorance of photography. Let rh85 school you! :lol::lol:

*ahem* Sorry, couldn't help myself. I flee, I flow, I flew!

Ha ha! No no, you see baby, you're simply revealing your pitiful ignorance of photography. Let rh85 school you! :lol::lol:

*ahem* Sorry, couldn't help myself. I flee, I flow, I flew!

Ha. Lindbergh, Bailey, Richardson and many others you could call best too if you have to call someone who is BEST. Even Leibovitz's would not like to mention how BEST she is however those who think that they don't have pitful ignorance of photography would like to say so. It only reveals they don't have open mind and creative eyes when it comes to photography. How pathetic that is?:flower:

LOVE MRS O!:D

Love the cover and the preview shots as well, can't wait for Queen Rania's ed these 2 are my favourites can't stand Bruni-Sicko oh...Sarko:sick:!

FACT?
Who told you that is FACT?
No one can say who is the best who is not. We can only judge on the works. One by one. There are good ones and also bad ones like this.

I wrote "THE GREATEST", not "THE BEST", do you get the difference? :huh:

Is it known who shot the Carla Bruni piece?

Why are some of you so rude? There is no need to take pesonal stabs at others and their opinion, and calling someone pathetic because they dont share your views says more about you than others!

If I am honest, all this talk just ruins the thread! You have to scroll through pages of none sense, and absolutely nothing to do with this issue. I think people forget that they are in the 'Magazine' section :ninja:

^my thoughts exaclty. I wanna know about the contents, we have 15 pages already and there's nothing about what's inside (except a part from Michelle's ed) the mag. Showing our opinions is part of this, it's something important, but let's talk about the contents now!

Personally I think Annie Liebovitz's personal work is much more interesting than her editorial work. I feel that this shoot could have been better from her standards though
And not everyone will love the photographer. It is alright to accept others opinions and stand by your own :smile:

Don't worry, you're not missing anything - it's just that all most women have to do these days is wear an A-line dress and pearls and suddenly they're the reincarnation of Jackie. :wink:

Agreed. She is immensely overrated and not at all comparable to Jackie O.

and maybe Jackie O. was overrated, as well ....
being a First Lady of the USA in her context ....... well that helps to create an Iconic person .......
:innocent:

i mean ................ she's not Tom Cruise ! and she's not a model ...... so move on about her physic

".... the world's been waiting for" is very very tough (i agree) and typical US egocentrism .... so personnaly it makes me smile ... but that's it !
and yes occidental world has been waiting for a 'black' president ..... not sure they've waited for Michelle, though .....

same here...
Look Michelle, she isn't a model to pose perfectly. But she looks warmly.

i like the colours on the cover. but the two other pics want to show her as the head of the world. she looks like as busy as it possible: she hanging on the phone and making notes :D
i believe that she really busy in her life but i don't think this was the only way to show the new First Lady in Vogue.
As for me i don't like this concept because the world isn't egal with the USA. But the world want too much from her and Barack... Too much.
So the photographer has to make this dream come true: show her like in people's dream.
The most adorable thing is the colour in it. Everything looks brighting and friendly.

Objectively speaking, I don't understand how this cover benefits either Michelle Obama or Vogue US (apart from the obvious financial gains).

Why/how is having a First Lady on the cover of a fashion magazine important? Or necessary? To me this decision only serves to reinforce the delusions of grandeur that Anna Wintour has; thinking she has some kind of incredibly vast and deep influence on the world.

First of all, how is Vogue US influential? How any publication deeming itself full of integrity can go from one issue filled with tips of effective plastic surgery and the proliferation of C-Grade American television actresses to the First Lady of the United States is comical.

Having Michelle in an issue of Vanity Fair would have made mode sense. Vanity Fair has a history of politicians on their covers. Vogue does not. Therein lies the critical difference, and therein lies the integrity of a publication like Vanity Fair.
Vogue is clearly using Michelle Obama to sell copies and not to celebrate her as an individual with great achievements, as she truly deserves to be portrayed.

I find this exploitative use of Michelle both insulting to her and to the readership of Vogue. It's a shame the way Anna Wintour has destroyed Vogue and then obnoxiously tried to convince society of its inherent importance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnight83
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->