US Vogue March 2009 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

I hate Vogue. They cheat the reader about "870 pages, Biggest Issue Ever" There's only 150 pages of main content. The rest is all of advertisement. (Base on the last September 2008 Issue).

On my opinion, the cover looks too old, not young, not fresh and not have modern graphics on the cover.

That's why I love Bazaar. Beside many of adv pages, they always have 2/3 - 1/2 number of pages of main contents.

Some people actually like the edgy ads better than their country club grandmother eds.

SOME CONTENT INFO! from 'What Magazines Have you Bought..' thread
Comment posted by fcummi01

well here's the lowdown on March 09 Vogue vogue28:

haven't gotten through it all yet because it's over 500 pages! i guess they're doing well haha

galliano talked about how he came to be and what fashion aficionado wouldn't love that? loved the demarchelier spread with liya kebede. the article about silda wall spitzer was pretty interesting.

anna wintour pretty much let us all know that not shopping is a poor moral choice because ppl will lose their jobs because of it. she compared shopping/fashion to felicity. seemed a little ridiculous but all in all, she's kind of right.

nordstrom will be selling balmain for spring? ok strange. and there was an insert of all the new looks from liz claiborne. so cute! isaac mizrahi really outdid himself, i think i'll have to buy something

I know.......I was like, any more info on the eds :woot:. At least Demarchlier and Liya sounds good, love seeing her back in Vogue US :wink:

^^^Thanks for posting vogue28. Can't wait to see Liya!

Last edited by a moderator:
So the issue is officially out?I hope we get a full review, 500 pages better not be all about the ads! :ninja:

With 500 pages, it's almost impossible not to have at least one thing good.

Everyone can stop making rumors now because I have the issue on hand and I will reveal all the editorials and the models that appear in them. But first, here are the UHQ scans of First Lady Michelle Obama (minus the articles).

**All scans by yours truly

And now here is the list of edits for this issue:

Pale Fire
Photographed by David Sims
Models: Raquel Z, Natasha Poly & Isabeli Fontana.

Trust Me
Photographed by Steven Klein
Model: Karen Elson

Born to be wild
Photographed by Raymond Meier
Model: Jessica Stam

The Magic Maker
Photographed by Annie Leibovitz
Models: Raquel Z, Coco Rocha (and three other models I can't identify)

Desert Fox
Photographed by Patrick Demarchelier
Model: Liya Kebede

I love the nightlife
Photographed by Mario Testino
Models: Raquel Z, Catherine McNeil, Lily Donaldson, Karlie Kloss, Anna Maria Jagodzinska, Edita Vilkeviciute, Anna Selezneva & Arlenis Sosa.

Boy Meets Girl
Photographed by Patrick Demarchelier
Model: Sasha Pivovarova.

There are additional articles on Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, Melinda Gates (wife of Bill Gates), and Stephanie Meyer (author of "Twilight"). That's all there is in the issue! If you have any questions about the issue, ask away!

:shock:

^^Thanks so much for the review. :flower:

WOW no Meisel in this issue? :shock: Overall i like the casting of the eds with multiple models.And Anna S i belive makes her debut....and Raquel Y is everywhere, so sick of her!

Review sounds amazing! Raquel, Natasha, Lily, Anna S, Karen, Sasha! Wow!

Oh,no Caroline:(.but intrigued by #2 and #6!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romyfnich
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->