US Vogue March 2009 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

^i don't think it's too bad. thanks. i like the styling of it and Karen looks great..overall i'm not feeling the ed too much though.

Definitely not bad & typical Klein as Luxx already said... love her take on it as always :lol:

:heart:

Karen's editorial is my favourite. She looks fantastic, and the styling is great. I like the concept, and the shot in the Louis Vuitton collection outshines :heart:
thanks for the link

I like Klein's ed. I think the clothes worked well in the story,
esp the last shot with the teardrop YSL dress

I quite like Karen's ed. When Luxx said it was typical Klein, I got a little bit suspicious because I'm not a real fan of his work but this editorial is really very good.

I loved Karen's edit :heart::heart: That shot where she's wearing Dolce is fantastic.

Mine too, I love how Karen and Tyson play off each other, the styling is really strong, I just wish they would've vamped Karen up a bit more with a red lip or something. Thanks Luxx :flower:

oh lordy, Karen looks fantastic. and in a parking lot! girl can do anything.

i'd love to see Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele style a shoot for Vogue US... as the former fashion director, she should definitely contribute very soon! remember the one with the supers wearing the Chanel suits with the mini skirts? Ah, priceless, those were the days!

the mario testino shoot is so refreshing and alive! i love it! not a fan of karlie though.. they could have used someone else like eniko! (although she never appeared in Vogue US yet...)

Marie-Amelie Sauve has recently been doing a lot of shoots for the magazine... she does bring a twist which is always nice to see!

Can't believe Michelle is already on the cover of Vogue US!! I think we've been wanting a change for a long time and so expectations are at their highest when it comes to Barack and Michelle... I also think it's great to have pieces on Carla and Queen Rania!
Speaking of which, can anyone scan them? the issue is still not out in the UK :(

Really looking forward to reading the issue!!

my issue came in the mail today, which also happens to be my birthday! so it was a lovely bday surprise. =D

I can't believe there's an article on Twilight/its author in this issue

I get that Vogue is aiming for a younger audience but can't they aim a little higher than the Twilight/Gossip Girl crowd?

For us here in Australia, Vogue might be bought by a lot of women from 16 and up, but the content inside is usually aimed for the more mature woman. The price tags are definitely not in the range of a lot of younger women who are just starting out. Stephenie Meyer- although the Twilight series was pretty darn good the first time round, a peice about her in Vogue doesn't seem to fit. But hey, I think it's ok to have some variation on what types of peices are printed in magazines, and a lot of adults have been hooked on the Twilights series as well.

Stephenie Meyer?? Oh for gods sakes....will someone please make her go away.

The rest of the issue looks kinda nice, some of the eds are not as boring as Vogue US has been lately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OhHellMel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->