US Vogue March 2009 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

Can't WAAAAAAIIIITTTT! This is the first issue of US Vogue I will actively seek out in a long time. If US Vogue gets more interesting covers like Michelle, they could so quickly turn things around.

Its not that awful, the colour of the dress is awsome for her, but the quality of the picture is bad, however its a classic shot of Michelle which some may find boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen more dynamic candids of Mrs Obama. If the paparrazi can take a picture with visual interest why can't the supposed "great" photographers of Vogue do the same?

That said. I'm snapping it up when I see it on the stands.

vogue_march.bmp

Source: MSNBC.com

i don't like her facial expression. she looks like she was smiling for a really long time and was starting to get tired of it. she doesn't look relaxed. But besides that it's a nice cover. love that color on her.

^something with her teeth. I've seen many people with big teeth half-smiling like they don't mean it.. she looks gorgeous though. I hope the entire story is not too woman-in-the-white-house conventional, cause they're not. :heart:

thanks for posting, plasticky!.

The best thing imo about the cover is that you can see her perfect arms, its a bit underwhelming otherwise but still nice, cant wait to get this issue, it will sell like cup cakes.

What a bad cover. She looks stiff and her smile is more of a grimace.

They squandered a great cover person.

For all the hype about Vogue photography, the local photostore could've done better.

Its not that awful, the colour of the dress is awsome for her, but the quality of the picture is bad, however its a classic shot of Michelle which some may find boring.

It's okay, not really boring, but more like expected and conventional. I suppose you can only do so much with first ladies and political figures. Still, very nice to see her on Vogue wearing designers that arent really on US Vogue much. Interesting that there's not that much text too.
So I guess after all the it's okay comments, the "why her, she's overexposed and so not fashion" comments will set in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->