US Vogue March 2010 : Tina Fey by Mario Testino

I love Tina and I'm actually really glad she's on the cover, but as expected they've really taken away her quirkiness in this. Also that tagline :"learning to dress like a star" is SO unbelievably patronising.

Briefly:

Was a host of SNL. Massive US TV show of her own, 30 Rock. She's got 7 Emmy's, 3 Golden Globes, 4 Screen Actor's Guild awards, and 4 Writer's Guild Of America awards. Writer on films like Mean Girls and Baby Mamma.

One of the most powerful women in entertainment. So I suppose Vogue finally did actually choose someone who can logically front a 'Power Issue'

I love that it's her, but I don't like the way that the orange-y light is so oversaturated. And I don't know, it's always the same slightly leaning back pose with these women on US Vogue.

Briefly:

Was a host of SNL. Massive US TV show of her own, 30 Rock. She's got 7 Emmy's, 3 Golden Globes, 4 Screen Actor's Guild awards, and 4 Writer's Guild Of America awards. Writer on films like Mean Girls and Baby Mamma.

One of the most powerful women in entertainment. So I suppose Vogue finally did actually choose someone who can logically front a 'Power Issue'

^Gotta agree with everything you have said. :smile:

US Vogue' s covers look and layout is a shame. The most important magazine in the business and it looks like the most stupid fashion magazine on the market. All that huge fonts on the picture, always the same portrait-like picture, all that shouting and advertising the contents of the issue.. boring and ugly to death.

I realy like this cover and I hope is big issue, and very curious what is inside I always like march issue :smile:

Always the same close up, boring to death!!!

In many ways, this echoes my sentiment. The cover was not totally unexpected, I actually had it pictured in mind though Tina looked a bit sk**ny here. It's nice though for Vogue to feature someone other than the usual actresses. More like the M. Obama cover. This cover though looks very like the covers Vogue has done in, oh, since perhaps the year I was born.

she actually looks ok, but the design layout for the coverlines is quite bad!! I prefer the previous designs :(

I like it. I was skeptical at first upon hearing that Tina Fey would be march's cover. I did not think she was, pardon the pun; "powerful enough" for the power issue but this cover changed my mind. It's nothing groundbreaking but there are a few elements that make this cover standout. 1st it's a fresh face for US VOGUE (3rd consecutive actually) 2nd the colors work and last (for me) is the background, I just love the skyscraper (although it's a known trademark of US BAZAAR). I sure do hope that the eds in this issue are amazing (US VOGUE has not yet let me down this year).

nothing special about the cover... always the same... any info about number of pages? my tipe is about 400

^ 400 is too thin for US Vogue's March issue, I would say 100 pages more...

↑ Ditto. But i'm expecting a thicker copy. Vogue has had very thin issues so far.

i was thinking the same thing, there's a huge discrepancy between the cover and the content. they need to rethink the whole thing, the text, that god awful banner, that's my main concern.
the content is always pretty good, the eds and the articles, i just buy it month after month, and it's curious that it's actually cheaper than vogue uk.:lol:
and please no more Mario Testino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->