UK Vogue May 2008 : Natalia Vodianova by Mario Testino

I hope that Vogue UK uses Venetia Scott more often, definately a great change when it comes to editorials.

Thanks for the scans! ^_^

Loveeed the Natalia ed are AMAZING omg wondefull edit:woot::heart:

Thanks for these amazing scans!:flower:
I like the cover, glad to see Natalia in another year's May issue cover for Vogue UK!:woot:

secondhanddress - thank you so much for all of these wonderful scans :woot: i'm pleasantly surprised (and happy!) about natalia's ed here. gorgeous posts :flower:

Thank you, secondhanddress, for the scans!

For a lovely cover, the rest of the editorials look quite boring. The styling in Stam's editorial is gorgeous but I would've liked at least one different expression.

Not the worlds best scan, but here you go:

Natalia Vodianova shot by Mario Testino for British Vogue May 2008. I think it's beautiful! Long may Natalia's May reign continue.

Or not. Well, it's not a flat out bad cover, but I will never understand why anyone bothers to use models you have to cover parts of the face of (or even just have them do a profile shot with the last Numero cover w/ Neil-in-the-coffin) - it seems to defeat the purpose of models in the first place.

That said - the colord are wonderful and Natalia's best features are brought fourth (nose, mouth) while her lacking facial structure (square face) are avoided by the angle. Further, she doesn't look cross-eyed at all either :wink:

EDIT: I'm going to hold my grumpy horses - I take it back - Natalia is now as good as she was in 2002. the entire editorial is quite good.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover is okay, nothing special though.

:heart:I love Jessica and Natalia's editorials! Thank you for scanning, secondhanddress.

I know I sound like a broken record but when oh when is Natalia going to grow out her hair?? I love her but I'm tired of the elfin look. I would love to see her on the Victoria's secret runway looking sultry, like she did on the March 2004 Uk Vogue cover.

Natalia has never disappointed me before but...
hankie.gif

I hope that Vogue UK uses Venetia Scott more often, definately a great change when it comes to editorials.
This is actually the first editorial I've seen by Scott and I love it. The colors are beautiful. :flower:Thank you for all of the scans! The cover is such a wonderful surprise as are the editorials inside! Best I've seen Jessica Stam in a while. ^_^

I think the shot of Natalia naked with the russian flag would have made a hot cover!

The actual cover looks like a decapitated head in a basket of flowers.

As for the editorial...just typical british (or any vogue) send a model to some far away location and take pics of her playing with stereotypes of that place. Even that old guy I mentioned made it into the issue LOL, I thought he was real in the video, but now it's obvious he was styled. The shot of her in the shower room is a bit off :shock: suddenly takes the editorial down a horror route! Shocked that an old man's torso (with towel thank god) got a whole page in VOGUE :shock:

I like Stams editorial. Can't bear anything with Siri though :doh:

You're totally right about Vogue's far-off stereotypes - remember the one with Stam and Gemma off in Kenya somewhere with a tribe? It made me cringe! The actual article itself is great at reinforcing those stereotypes, too: a big deal is made about everyone drinking vodka, because they're in Russia, of course! Sigh.

I was baffled by the changing room bit too - very out of keeping with the rest of the feature, although, to be perfectly honest, none of the pictures seemed to go together or tell any real story, anyway.

What an absolutely fabulous issue:D, i think its better than the March issue, the cover is lovely of course, and love Stams ed beautiful styling and Siri is such a little Lolita, love itall!:heart:

'Real Dressing for Real Life'
Supplement in Association with H&M
(Included with British Vogue May 2008)

Model: Anouck Lepere (wearing Topshop Unique)
Photographer: Robin Derrick
Fashion Editor: Charlotte Pilcher
Hair: Neil Moodie (for Bumble & Bumble)
Make-up: Lisa Eldridge

H&M Adverts from front of supplement

'Global Gathering'
H&M Advertorial from same supplement

Models: Uncredited - if you know who they, let me know. (I think one of the girls is Chanel Iman)
Photographer: Nagi Sakai
Styling: Jo Barker
Hair: Tomo
Make-up: Phillipe Miletto

th_03981_H8M6_122_998lo.JPG

H&M adverts from back of supplement

All scanned by me!

The cover looks ok.
I love Stam's & Natalia's eds. :crush:

Thanks for all the scans secondhanddress. :flower:

"natalia vodianova goes home" :shock::lol: oh well. the cover is tragic but i love stam's edit, really alluring! natalia's is good too although nothing beats sasha's russian edit from jan 07... hmmmm...

'Real Dressing for Real Life'
Supplement in Association with H&M
(Included with British Vogue May 2008)

'Global Gathering'
H&M Advertorial from same supplement

Models: Uncredited - if you know who they, let me know. (I think one of the girls is Chanel Iman)
Photographer: Nagi Sakai
Styling: Jo Barker
Hair: Tomo
Make-up: Phillipe Miletto

All scanned by me!

Which one do you think is Chanel Iman? :shock::shock::shock:

The girl in the first shot is Mia Niaria, don't know the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->