UK Vogue May 2008 : Natalia Vodianova by Mario Testino

Thank you. Siri's and Jessica's eds are nice, can't bother about Natalia's though she's been featured as a celebrity in so many mags that I just stopped seeing her as a model. She's just another pretty woman.

hmmm, well, I don't like Siri's editorial, but Jessica's isn't bad. the cover is surprisingly better than I expected, however I wish it wasn't so close-up!

Thank you for all the scans secondhanddress & welcome to tFS:heart:

If you have time would you mind scanning the Table of Contents

TIA :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Everyone has been very sweet welcoming me. :smile:

Here you go:

Will do the H&M supplement tomorrow!

Natalia's no Kylie Minogue or Victoria Beckham - or even Kerry Katona. For people whose daily diet consists of tabloid newspapers, her husband is irrelevant and Natalia is a no-one. So she's not that well known on a truly national level, though she would be recognised by anyone who reads media aimed at a higher social level, such as The Times, Telegraph, Guardian newspapers or Vogue, Tatler or Harper's Bazaar. And they do seem to love her, I've never seen one negative thing printed about her. Because she's married into London society, she's been automatically accepted as being one of them. So yes, you could say her fame has been enhanced via her husband. He has helped to take her profile outside of the fashion world, but it's only spread so far, in that respect.

If she's ever made it into the tabloids - and into the greater national consciousness - it will have been thanks to her modelling work, especially stuff like appearing in Pirelli.

Oh ok, thanks! I have noticed she gets a lot more social coverage because of her husband because they play up the fairytale aspect of their relationship, even though the whole story sounds strange and to me if you think about it. I do wonder what his dating history was like pre-Natalia because the story of how they met and how she was so young not speaking English, hmmmm...I'm sure if a tabloid explored it, there would be something there. But they probably won't, now she seems to relish her higher profile as a socialite more than doing the modeling work.

Yes, I recently read an interview with her, where she was laughing about the start of their romance - getting together at a party where she knew models were being set up with monied men, but she went along anyway, and now the rest is history.

Though I'd rather see a Vogue fashion story with her than read yet another article about their partnership, to be honest, I have zero interest in her husband.

:woot: Natalia looks gorgeous on the cover. And I like the colour scheme. Very romantic :heart:.

Also the Stam editorial is great. I love the styling!

Oh ok, thanks! I have noticed she gets a lot more social coverage because of her husband because they play up the fairytale aspect of their relationship, even though the whole story sounds strange and to me if you think about it. I do wonder what his dating history was like pre-Natalia because the story of how they met and how she was so young not speaking English, hmmmm...I'm sure if a tabloid explored it, there would be something there. But they probably won't, now she seems to relish her higher profile as a socialite more than doing the modeling work.

Sorry to go off-topic, but Natalia has mentioned that Justin was quite the playboy before they met. Makes you wonder if she didn't get pregnant so quickly if they would've lasted :innocent:. However, that being said I do love them together.

You're not saying anything that we haven't already thought ourselves...

I don't want to sum up my impressions of this issue before I've seen my subscription copy for real, but while it's all very nice, there's nothing so far in the editorials that truly excites me.

The supplement is mostly clothing for different occassions - what to wear when, that kind of thing. It features Raquel, but not an editorial with her. There is a H&M advertorial with an unnamed model I don't recognise - I'll scan that after I've done Natalia's feature.

Can't wait for this! :woot: Thanks a lot secondhanddress for scanning everything so quickly! ^_^:flower:

Sorry to go off-topic, but Natalia has mentioned that Justin was quite the playboy before they met. Makes you wonder if she didn't get pregnant so quickly if they would've lasted :innocent:. However, that being said I do love them together.

Mmmmhmmmm :innocent:...but I agree their little family is adorable. ^_^

Wow! Natalia's editorial is amazing~ *_* Regardless of whether or not she's reached "celebrity" status, I will always think she's a tremendously talented model. Her expressions, poses, and energy always keep me interested.

Question: in the picture of her in the pink bra, does anyone know the label? It says that it's by "Ma" and then the photograph cuts off!

I like the cover. The colours are pretty and we haven't had a headshot in a while. Very interested in the celulite article :P

Your right in saying Natalia is still not known by face to most people. My friends who aren't into fashion wouldn't know who she is. My mum calls her "the one with the baby". I know it sounds stupid but she gets it from an article in US Vogue a few years ago about model mothers.

A summary of how her and Justin met was in UK Harpers Bazaar a couple of months ago. I only know of him because of her. I don't know what he does for like a job besides following her around at fashion shows, featuring in photoshoots with her and being a father. I do think, well hope, that they really love each other.

I better get on and read the April issue before this one comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->