UK Vogue May 2008 : Natalia Vodianova by Mario Testino

^ Yeah. I was hopeing someone would ask that.

I love Stam's ed! The colors and patterns of the clothes are so lovely! Makes me want to raid the closest thriftstore to get myself something similar pronto.

chanel iman:wub::clap::clap:
very very very lovely cover but its not my taste. i love chanel iman's and testino's eds. chanel's ed is so beautiful:woot:

Thanks soooooo much secondhanddress:flower:

the cover looks like a vogue nippon beauty suppl cover....:ninja:and great to see an issue without boring studio ed...all the location eds are ok..but no tim walker?...tim is a master at location ed...anyway i may buy it..

btw,the patrick d ed is quite lame..maybe the problem is the model performance

^you have only 10 minutes to edit your post :flower:
(and 4 minutes to save world)

Looks really good issue, eds are beautiful. I was hoping that I wouldn't need to buy this, because I have bought way too many mags lately, but maybe..

OMG! I love that song.

And Madonna. :shock::heart: The cover is so-so, and I agree with Taben her VI cover is awesome!! :buzz:

I bought this yesterday, not really a fan of the cover (still too much text :smile:) but I really liked Stam's edit

i picked up this issue pretty much the day it came out, only now am i finding the time to have a proper read. stams ed is an absolute joy to behold. loves it!

^ I agree.
This is a really great issue. The cover is much better in print, very eye-catching.
Stams ed is amazing.

Stams ed is indeed the best of the issue. And I love that Vogue UK credits the models now!

i loved Natalia's eds. those 'poor' russian pictures with not that glamorous guys and state emblems make the eds feel kind of surreal, but realistically kitchy at the same time.

^ thats one thing that I find annoying about UK Vogue, those "down with the natives" shoots - they do it nearly every other issue (for example Lily & Daria's ed in a few issues ago). They do shoots with people who are on something like a $1 a day and around them are people wearing thousands and thousands of dollars worth of clothes, perhaps they mean it in an ironic way but to me it comes off as pretty insulting.

Other than that its a pretty good issue, Stam is looking fabulous in her edit! I also like Siri's ed too. The article on recovering from a her*in addiction is also really well written (apologies for mentioning this, as I'm not sure whether or not it violates the rules, please edit if it needs to be :flower: )

I hope the the Vogue team are not ironic when they put locals in their photo lay outs. I like to think that they show different cultures because it inspires fashion.

love the editorials, cover is very suitable for may too :smile: a bit too much of a close-up though

I agree with the native editorials that vogue uk put in their issues. They do it a bit too often I think. I prefer studio shot editorials.

the cover's very reminiscent of what UK Vogue was like in the early 80s, I think. close-ups, soft colours etc.

would anyone be able to scan the article and pics on elettra rossellini wiedemann? thanks!

the cover in HQ

Elettra Wiedermann - vogue spy
ph: Chloe Paul

Dior Joaillerie
Who's the model please?

all scans by achAT

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53