US Vogue November 2009 : Marion, Penelope, Nicole and Kate by Annie Leibovitz

Wow Nicole looks so much like a man here:ninja:. I can't believe this cover got approved, it's such an embarrassment.

I dont think there has ever been text placed above the masthead on the cover, before. Like in the history of Vogue covers, how strange they would do this, but then you look at Kidman's face here, and it does not make any sense either. I still like that its a different cover though, just do it better next time.
Nope, it's been done before.
November US Vogue, 2000, by Annie Leibovitz
4vogueannieleibovitznov.jpg

www.Modelinia.com

Oh lordy... this looks like some bored teenager's MS Paint cut/paste effort!!!

^I thought she was Hedda Lettuce without the green hair! :rofl:

:blink: I don't know what to think!?
The golden back-light can be sooo beautiful ( like you see on Penelope and Kate) but this feels like a movie poster where they take a bunch of stills and piece them together. ( I agree with everyone about the photoshop)
I don't know who's responsible though, Leibovitz? the photoshop guy? Wintour?
That being said, Penelope looks fabulous and Marion is refreshing. Vogue US needs to feature more exciting new faces like Marion.

one thing though - I don't know what everyone's on about re: Marion. You can barely even see her face, mostly her chin,and even then she's posing like a broken puppet. How is that solo-cover-worthy? (or any better than the others in the group shot?)

personally, for me Penelope Cruz steals the cover

^ That is how i feel as well, and i love Marion, but to me only Cruz really nailed it here. Despise that hair colour on Cotillard!

one thing though - I don't know what everyone's on about re: Marion. You can barely even see her face, mostly her chin,and even then she's posing like a broken puppet. How is that solo-cover-worthy? (or any better than the others in the group shot?)

personally, for me Penelope Cruz steals the cover
Totally agree.

I love the concept of the cover. If you look at it through the unfocused lens of a camera, it's gorgeous, with its luxurious colour scheme, its background reminiscent of a Vinci painting and its rather non-invasive (for US Vogue standard) text.

Then you focus and you have the photoshopped in carton cut-outs of a male impersonator of the Ciciolina (Nicole) a White female with her face too far back and too exposed with light to identify with certainty (Marion), Kate who was obviously dragged into the shot still wearing her bathrobe while in the middle of hair and make-up.

And then there is Penelope, looking the business, the sex and the glamour, even though even her Mango ads are better shot. But that woman always, always delivers.
As Miranda Priestly would say 'Thank god someone came to work today'.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ My thoughts exactly. I was so anticipating this issue and now I have to look at this!

I think if it were Marion with a solo cover the photo concept would've been completely different...

I hope :ninja:

Also just remembered that Penleope is also on this month's Vanity Fair cover - don't think that happens very often, either (Like the text above masthead).

I love this cover! It's very unconventional US Vogue. The setting is so cool. The girls look good especially Marion. I'm so excited to get this. :woot:

I was expecting a very serene and refreshing cover based on the candids but the cover for me is a let down. I love Nicole but she looks butchered here, I am so sorry for her... Marion's shot is very expressive compared to the others, penelope is stunning although something about the hair gets to me, kate is... the background is beautiful but somehow looks fake in a way. all in all it reminds me of a "desperate housewives" promo pic was hoping and expected for so much better and yes, the photoshop is terrible

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->