US Vogue November 2012 : Rihanna by Annie Leibovitz

I actually really like Kate Upton's ed. She can become something big in HF. I think people are too close-minded about her, like she has the height, the body (Lara Stone could do it she can) then why not, and her bone structure is actually really good. Apart from that, I love Night Moves, thank God Kati is becoming a US Vogue regular.

Thanks so much for sharing VogueDisciple93:flower:

Very excited for the full editorial of Grace and Rihanna.

Kate Upton is like the reverse Doutzen Kroes

Wow, The New Girl with Kate Upton is a classic Meisel shoot! I love it! :heart: It only proves that she can do HF as well. Who would've thought that she's gonna be photographed by him? I'm sensing a VI cover for her next year..

McDean and Alex White reunited! :woot: Night Moves looks really great. The setting is what makes it look good. So glad that Ms. White is active again in fashion styling. Missed seeing her styling skills so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i've seen enough mom inspired editorials >.< , I really like night movies though

Rihanna's full editorial is already posted in Post #80. And Grace Coddignton's feature isn't really an editorial. The photos that accompany the article (which is an excerpt from her book Grace: A Memoir) are mostly of her early in her career and some of her editorials.

I actually really like Kate Upton's ed. She can become something big in HF. I think people are too close-minded about her, like she has the height, the body (Lara Stone could do it she can) then why not, and her bone structure is actually really good. Apart from that, I love Night Moves, thank God Kati is becoming a US Vogue regular.

The problem is not her body. The problem is that Kate does not transmit much elegance. ^_^

^^ You can post "The X Factor" and "Little Pink Houses"? Is that I prefer the screenshots of the digital edition. :flower:

I always find the screenshots in the digital version slightly overairbrushed; it kind of ruins a story when you don't see a bit of grit and fuzz as you would in print. Thank you for posting though, VogueDisciple93 :flower:.

This issue looks great though. A bit sunny for November but I won't complain about a Meisel/Tonne reunion or Queen Alex White's comeback B).

like the ed "little pink houses"... grace is going strong still...

The problem is not her body. The problem is that Kate does not transmit much elegance. ^_^

Well, people don't book her because she's particularly elegant. She's known for her sexy, girl-next-door look. Besides, many models who are 'elegant' don't have much personality anyways. At least Kate Upton strikes me as a bubbly girl. She seems so sweet and fun and that makes her even sexier. It's really refreshing because some of the models in Vogue look like they don't even want to be there. They look bored to death.

Rihanna's full editorial is already posted in Post #80. And Grace Coddignton's feature isn't really an editorial. The photos that accompany the article (which is an excerpt from her book Grace: A Memoir) are mostly of her early in her career and some of her editorials.

Yes but I am referring to the articles, If you post will greatly appreciate it

Well, people don't book her because she's particularly elegant. She's known for her sexy, girl-next-door look. Besides, many models who are 'elegant' don't have much personality anyways. At least Kate Upton strikes me as a bubbly girl. She seems so sweet and fun and that makes her even sexier. It's really refreshing because some of the models in Vogue look like they don't even want to be there. They look bored to death.
Well said.
And to be honest I think people "think" she doesn't exude elegance is because of how she started modeling, but past that I think she actually does a good job. And to be honest models are usually branded (edgy, sexy, elegant, classic look, strong, corky, etc...). And there are many other models who are not particularly elegant, and they are really great models.

McDean/White's history looks exactly like mid 90s pastel us vogue ed, it's not exactly a breath of fresh air, even the clothes looks dated. :ermm:

Really like Kate's editorial. The first shot is so Francesco Scavullo/Margaux Hemingway!!

I think that - whether fan of her's or not - Kate Upton deserves a bit of a round of applause for the way she's been handling her career. When was the last time we saw an SI Cover Girl with an OG edit in US Vogue? I don't recall seeing Brooklyn Decker or Marisa Miller (though she was in edits earlier in her career) or Irina Shayk landing one.

There's just something about this girl. She harkens back to Anna Nicole, sure. But also something Cindy Crawford about her appeal.

I bet if she does something interesting in fashion, or if she starts dating a moviestar, she's gonna land herself a solo girl VOGUE US cover! i can honestly see it. I know the fashion world prefers Joan and Karlie and Arizona ... and I do, as well if I'm honest ... but there's something about Kate Upton that takes her to the next level of fame. She's more like Tyra and Heidi and it's been a long time since we've seen a model like that. basically, it's been since them. haha.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. But if the girls keeps on working with high-fashion photographers like Meisel, she's gonna find herself with a BIG career.

Did the other SI cover girls receive as much public recognition? Most of my friends have no idea that Kate Upton had a SI cover, but some of them know her from the controversy over the post insulting her on SG, or from the Cat Daddy video by Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->