US Vogue November 2019 : Rihanna by Ethan James Green

Anna biggest problem for me is that she wants to cater US Vogue to Generation Z. Because they are big consumers and they are the generation who lives 24/7 online but that particular generation doesn´t spend money on Vogue and it doesn´t buy newspapers or magazines, they don´t even download magazines on their tablets, their just copy/paste covers and ``cool looking´´ images and put them on social networks. Don´t ask any of them who is Verushka or Richard Avedon or to describe the aesthetic of Christian Dior lol. So Anna does´´t not only grasp that this generation is not buying her magazine but she also lost her loyal generation of 30+ people who like me used to buy, eat, breath and live Vogue and who used to know about every fashion designer, every collection, supermodel, photographer, stylists of this industry.

Amen. I just recently started my fashion design course at university and no one I met buys Vogue or cares about it. I wasn't surprised at the lack of interest back at home, cause Vogue wasn't available and I doubt anyone in the whole town could actually pronounce the word. But here it's a different situation. In my country, it's as good as it gets and there's access to magazines. But people just don't care, they don't buy it, not even fashion students. So I wonder, who is their target audience? Cause I don't think anyone wants to own this in their collection. There's not a single great editorial that you're going to remember in ten years. Like, if something happened and links got lost and people couldn't see what we posted in this thread 10 years ago from now, no one will ask for re-posts, because there's nothing interesting to see. Sure, it's pretty pictures. But I've seen better and more interesting Instagram posts!
I don't know about others, but I personally don't buy fashion magazines to see celebrity marriages and realistic looking people in everyday clothes. That's not why I go to eBay and spend 30$ on a single back issue of Vogue. I buy it because I want to get inspired, because I want to dream. I want to see something that I don't see every day, I want to see controversy, something that's daring and provocative and out of this world beautiful! And I honestly can't remember the last time a magazine (that wasn't purchased on eBay) made me feel this way.

I know times are different and all that, but there's still people who care, people who love high fashion and unrealistic standards and dreamy beautiful clothes you can only wish to have. I want all of that back! And I'm optimistic that one day fashion won't die, but instead it's going to rise back with new creative force, someone who isn't so stuck up and pretentious and ''aware'' or ''woke'' or whatever and someone who's just gonna create fashion for pure eleganza extravaganza luxury beauty. Guess we just have to be patient.

"When will the magazines realise that they have to put their support behind fashion photographers"

Anna and Ethan James Green, Tyler Mitchell, Jamie +++

Personally I am excited for my copy in the mail... Rihanna's cover is perfect and I am happy for her and Ethan! Kaia's editorial really shows off strong styling and photography... but unfortunately Kaia looks like a little girl playing dress up. She just does not have the physique to pull off these styles... so....

Reactions: KoV
The last pic of Kaia’s ed is VERY Meisel.

(...) I buy Vogue because I want to get inspired, because I want to dream. I want to see something that I don't see every day, I want to see controversy, something that's daring and provocative and out of this world beautiful! And I honestly can't remember the last time a magazine (that wasn't purchased on eBay) made me feel this way.(...)

ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!! :heart::heart::heart: I agree on every word !!!

I love Kaia's ed and Ugbad and for Kendall I think she's getting better I find her editorial quite compelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->