US Vogue October 2007 : Charlize Theron by Mario Testino

I'm taking the opinions of the blogs in conjunction with the sentiments that have repeatedly been expressed by knowledgeble people here on TFS and my own opinions which are exactly the same regarding these tired editorials.

I would doubt about that knowledge since anyone with a basic knowledge in fashion photography knows about trends in photography, I would strongly recommend you guys to let the pros to do their job and if you don't like the result, the product,then don't buy it :flower: buy what you like, in the era of the Internet it's so easy to buy what you like, even that super underground magazine not distributed in US, all that criticism against vogue is like any kind of masoquism :innocent:I don't even pay attention to things that I don't enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my copy in the mail yesterday.. it's pretty thick. Didn't much attention to it but I loved the Neiman Marcus and Daria's H&M ads, Rouland Mouret's interview, and the paintings in the Time On His Mind story.

I would doubt about that knowledge since anyone with a basic knowledge in fashion photography knows about trends in photography, I would strongly recommend you guys to let the pros to do their job and if you don't like the result, the product,then don't buy it :flower: buy what you like, in the era of the Internet it's so easy to buy what you like, even that super underground magazine not distributed in US, all that criticism against vogue is like any kind of masoquism :innocent:I don't even pay attention to things that I don't enjoy.
I really don't think that you need to know s**t about photography to realize that every seasonal editorial has the same set, models, shots and overall aesthetic. It's overly simple to say "well just don't buy it" because a) I'm sure plenty of th people who are complaining wont buy it and b) Vogue has a reputation to live up to and stale, boring, derivitive covers/editorials month after month don't do the legacy of the magazine any justice at all.

Just my two cents worth.

I agree with all of those who noticed the Ralph Lauren-ness of the cover and Charlize's editorial. It was the first thought that entered my mind.

I actually rather like the couture edit with Raquel, but I feel like it didn't go far enough. The hair starts to take it in a new and interesting direction compared to the soft, pastel colors and roccoco opulence....sort of like the s/s 07 Balenciaga ads, a clash of worlds kind of thing. But it could've been taken farther and been something amazing.

Still, that hair provides a much needed edge.

The last picture is definitely Caroline. I can tell by her nose, (slightly thin) upper lip, shape of her eyes.

but it was her nose, mouth and eyes that made me think it was shannan. and im sure it was her nose, mouth and eyes that made people think it was lisa. i don't think we will know unless it is officially confirmed one way or another but i am gonna go with shannan

I would rather read 20 pages of posts stating that they feel US Vogue is lacklustre, than 10 pages of people telling each other off for daring to say so - which is what seems to be happening this month. If we can't spark decent debate on this issue, does that say something about the magazine or something about us?

I am going to be very honest here,i feel that Joseph does this every time we get a new US Vogue cover.He basically kidnaps the thread with his rambling and rants about what US Vogue is,was.etc!And its ALWAYS the same thing! :rolleyes:

I dont read his posts anymore,i dont think he has anything smart or valid to say,all his arguments are the same and without merit.

I am happy the others noticed that aswell.

It is the Original Vogue so back off!. :angry:

They are free to do what they want, and get away with it. If you don't like it, go off and subscribe to a magazine that only gives you editorial and a lot of spelling errors.

I just got my copy in the mail... I got the subscription as a gift last year, but let me tell you, I'd never have bought this issue. I flipped through it page by page and in five minutes I was finished. Nothing sparked my interest or caught my eye... it was dull and uninspired. All I got out of it? A few interesting ads that I might put up on my wall.

A New Curve
Roland Mouret and Rosamund Pike
photographed by Norman Jean Roy

(scanned by me)

On A Roll
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Model: Please Help ID!! I think its Denisa or Alyona!
Fashion Editor: Phyllis Posnick

The Real Thing

Actor: Sean Penn
Photographer: Bruce Weber
Fashion Editor: Phyllis Posnick

BONUS: Hana!

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Us Vogue

Another actress-cover Vogue.....
I like Charlize although, US vogue covers are always quite boring.

Luxx thanks for all the scans,cant wait to get this issue.

just bumping this to say that the picture is of Shannan Click, it is in her portfolio

women

Thanks Masquerade! T If I recall correctly, we thought it could be Shannan, Caroline, Lisa Cant or Lindsay Ellingson. :rofl:

Hi !

I don't have this issue and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find Maggie McGuane's article on her stepson joining the army ?

Thanks.

the cover of this vogue looks a little boring she looks pretty and everything but i was waiting for something better

Photo Mario Testino
Editor Tonne Goodman
Model Charlize Theron
Hair Recine
Makeup Tom Pecheux

vogue archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches