US Vogue September 2005 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Annie Leibovitz

I have a quick question, maybe someone here knows???
How much does the US Vogue cost, if I buy it in Germany??? I know I can get it at the airport, but I don't know the price.... I think it will be pretty expensive though... Maybe someone can tell me??????

i do like the cover (for a celebrity one)....and i do think the pics are ok,i dont like Leibovitz work so this is like a nice set.....but her work its sooo repetitive,that gives u the impression of seeing that before,even though u dont.......

SanSalvadorGirl said:
I have a quick question, maybe someone here knows???
How much does the US Vogue cost, if I buy it in Germany??? I know I can get it at the airport, but I don't know the price.... I think it will be pretty expensive though... Maybe someone can tell me??????

In Holland, the September issue from last year costed me 10 euros, just bought that in a magazine store.

I like it. She looks good. Sort of reminds me of the spread with Natalia at the MOMA. But that was also shot by Leibovitz. SJP seems to genuinely love fashion and she has things to promote, so her being on the cover is not bad.

yeah i think the same jacque marcel, she is very related to fashion,not only a celebrity with a xpensive dress....SJP always says how she respect fashion and i think that validates her to the cover......i would love to see her in a fashion campaign :D

Thanks for posting but *yawn* it looks like every other ed she's done for Vogue

Another f*cking celebrity on the cover? ugh!

Models, in an ideal world, should rate covers of fashion books. But Conde Nast's role is to make money for the Newhouse family, etc. When you are talking Vogue and the like, commercial considerations do come into play -- actresses have wider appeal.
Pretty good issue. Found the "selling of the socialite" article rather amusing.

classic1908 said:
Models, in an ideal world, should rate covers of fashion books. But Conde Nast's role is to make money for the Newhouse family, etc. When you are talking Vogue and the like, commercial considerations do come into play -- actresses have wider appeal.
Pretty good issue. Found the "selling of the socialite" article rather amusing.

thank you!!

what is it exactly with the fascination here? i mean we get it ms. wintour, lauren, aerin, brooke et al are just so fabulous and rich, and we're, not as fabulous and decidedly poorer. and? i am so tired of these types of stories in Vogue.

just breezed through the issue, some initial thoughts....

OK, so i liked the SJP edit for one reason: the location. something about a classic hotel like the Plaza in NYC undergoing renovation is just so romantic. but found myself wishing it were elise crombez or natalia or eugenia or my personal fave at the moment, diana dondoe in this story. typical annie stuff. so i liked, didn't love.

the natalia story by steven klein is wonderful as is the meisel edit with giselle. i know, i know, giselle is so over (for me anyway) but she is perfect for this story - very athletic jumping poses - and damn, if that girl doesn't have a vertical leap! wow.

liked the daria edit shot by steven klein too - but the whole starlet behind the scenes plot is a bit tired. i mean how many times are we going to see that?

the karen elson edit is ehh, kind of boring, imo. but she is perfect casting in this tribute to "grey gardens".

the best story is the "magnificent seven" with the designers marc jacobs, muicca prada, stefano pilati, oliver theyskens, narcisso rodriguez, nicholas ghesquiere and alber elbaz (shot by steven meisel in beautiful sepia) - this is what a fashion editorial should be. models are lily cole, gemma, karen, natalia, freja (?) and eugenia. gorgeous.

cover: sarah jessica parker in narciso rodriguez by annie leibovitz

ads:
pure turquoise ralph lauren: new fragrance 4 pg. foldout (valentina)
dior 2 pg.
gucci 8 pg.
st. john 6 pg. (gisele, looking stunning!)
vuitton 6 pg.
bill blass 2 pg. (elettra, isabella rossalini's daughter)
ysl 4 pg.
gap 2 pg. w/booklet (john legend, alanis morrissette, michelle williams, liz phair, keith urban, brandon boyd, jason mraz, joss stone)
guess 2 pg.
bottega veneta 2 pg.
michael michael kors 3 pg. (erin wasson)
david yurman 6 pg. (amber, daria)
marc jacobs 2 pg.
burberry 4 pg.
de beers 2 pg.
prada 4 pg.
andrew marc 4 pg. (aurelie)
tiffany 6 pg. (shalom)
blumarine 2 pg.
jones ny collection 2 pg. (brooke shields)
kenneth cole 4 pg. (leticia)
calvin klein collection 8 pg.
isaac mizrahi for target 8 pg. (kiara, liisa winkler, hannelore)
boss hugo boss 4 pg.
ports 1961 4 pg.
elie tahari 1 pg. (nicole trunfio)
ralph lauren 5 pg.
miu miu 2 pg.
jil sander 2 pg.
dolce & gabbana 6 pg.
chanel 4 pg.
asprey 2 pg. (kiera knightley)
tods 4 pg. (polina k.)
balenciaga 4 pg.
versace 2 pg.
rimmel 2 pg. (kate moss)
carolina herrera 4 pg. (nataliya gotsyii)
bcbg 6 pg.
ann taylor 2 pg. (yasmin lebon)
chloe 4 pg.
jones ny signature 2 pg. (karolina k.)
salvatore ferragamo 4 pg.
sean sean john 2 pg. (penelope cruz, p. diddy)
nars 1 pg. (lisa cant)
alberta ferretti 2 pg.
dkny 1 pg. (anna j., lydia hearst, helena christensen)
hermes 5 pg. (raquel zimmerman)
nine west eyewear 2 pg.
gianfranco ferre 4 pg. (elise)
bebe 12 pg. insert
oscar de la renta 4 pg.
strenesse 1 pg.
valentino 2 pg.
escada 4 pg. foldout
cole haan 3 pg. (sara ziff, ana d.)
brioni 1 pg. (guinevere)
fendi 6 pg.
givenchy 2 pg. (maria carla)
roberto cavalli 4 pg.
ungaro 1 pg. (anja)
nicole farhi 2 pg. (julia stegner)
mulberry 2 pg. (caroline trentini)
tse 2 pg.
bally 1 pg.
nicole miller 1 pg.
ramosport 1 pg. (tetyana)
liz claiborne 2 pg. (heidi klum)
keds 2 pg. (mischa barton)
arden b. 2 pg. (luciana)
gloria vanderbilt 4 pg. foldout poster (kate, daria, gisele)
dennis basso 4 pg. (maggie rizer)
chanel makeup 1 pg. (michelle buswell)
bulgari 2 pg. (julia?)
j. mendel 4 pg. (caroline trentini...wow!)
zanotti 1 pg.
stella mccartney 1 pg.
jimmy choo 2 pg.
lanvin 2 pg. (even better in person!)
missoni 4 pg.
baby phat 4 pg.
diesel 1 pg.
rocawear 2 pg. (jessica white, ana beatriz)
moschino 1 pg.
akris 4 pg. (maria d.)
jean paul gaultier 1 pg. (gisele)
longchamp 1 pg.
pollini 1 pg.
donna karan 1 pg.
a/x armani exchange 4 pg.
ck calvin klein 1 pg.
movado 1 pg. (kerry washington)

eds:
"the m.v.p." by steven meisel. gisele in day dress plays with the new york metro stars soccer team. very action focused...gisele jumping around with the players. but not looking like one of the guys. she wears lanvin, fendi, balenciaga, michael kors, oscar de la renta, max mara, ralph lauren, roland mouret, dolce & gabbana, chanel and marc jacobs. the best shot is her wearing this balenciaga dress, hair loose, b/w shot, beautiful:

00120m.jpg

"the magnificent seven" by steven meisel. vogue names the designers pushing fashion into the future. a page of introduction, followed by one page for each designers' inspiration for their f/w collection.

lily cole wears marc jacobs and vuitton:
00540m.jpg
00440m.jpg

gemma wears prada (the second look in blood red:(
00030m.jpg
00470m.jpg

karen elson in ysl (the second look in white:(
00340m.jpg
00480m.jpg

natalia in rochas:
00260m.jpg
00290m.jpg

hana in balenciaga:
00130m.jpg
00350m.jpg

eugenia in narciso rodriguez
00110m.jpg
00400m.jpg

lily donaldson in lanvin
00190m.jpg
00360m.jpg

"a grand affair" by steven klein. natalia takes on the 1870's romantic heroine with her husband justin portman in tow...he plays surf bum while she plays in gorgeous gowns.

"pillow talk" by annie leibovitz. sarah jessica parker talks life after sex and the city and the locale is the plaza hotel, home to her 40th birthday party. pics can be seen earlier in the thread...there's a great one with her and tony bennett.

"fuzzy logic" by tim walker. karen elson on the british countryside in warm knits. similar to the madonna ed in last month's issue.

"that's a wrap" by steven klein. daria plays mom (sort of) in the coats of the season. a wonderful 8 pg. ed that could easily be the main piece any other month. best shot is daria in another of the balenciaga toggle coats (fur collar only)

also:

"natural selection" except from an upcoming biography of carmel snow...can't wait to get the whole book!

"hiding in the spotlight" piece on hats accompanied by an irving penn shot of lisa cant in dior haute couture

"in the mood" photographer eric boman recreates the poetry that goes into making a manolo blahnik shoe. 6 pg. of photos and a column by julia reed

"the selling of a socialite" how lauren davis, aerin lauder, amanda brooks, fernanda niven, and brooke deocampo are using their socialite status to help their companies earn big bucks. includes portraits of each by jonathan becker.

the view: "seeing dollar signs" why do clothes cost what they do and what's worth it, includes a feature on "commercial lines" by prada, oscar, etc. (what doesn't hit the runway), vogue picks from $17 to $18,000; getting the new looks from vintage, juicy couture's bag and jewelry line, how to score on ebay, why does a roland mouret suit cost $2,300

"the italian job" a woman recounts being emilio pucci's muse in the late 50s

"life with andre" has three parts, part 1 is about the movie pride and prejudice, with kiera knightley, and the costumes. part 2 is on the couture shows and part 3 is on ralph lauren's fall collection inspirations.

"wedding of the month" on the nuptials of jemma kidd and arthur mornington.

vogue index "8 fresh coats" tinsley mortimer, jacquetta wheeler, liya kebede, karen elson, sally albemarle, tory burch, roopal patel and lauren dupont pick the best coats from the runway (plus some affordable options) and what to wear with them.

verdict this issue is absolutely jammed packed and i thoroughly enjoyed pouring through it. all the model eds are good (with "the magnificient seven" clearly ahead of the pack), and the other features (especially on carmel snow and manolo) are great reads too. plus you've got every ad under the sun. my only negative would be the sarah jessica parker piece (such a letdown imo...i would have loved to see her do something more adventurous, something more along the lines of what i'd see in vogue paris), and the daria ed gets a bit lost (but pleasing nonetheless). i'd give this issue 4.5 out of 5. now let's see what bazaar has up their sleeve!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow thanks SO much kimair. i know this issue is MASSIVE so thanks so much for taking the time to list all that :smile:

the cover and sjp eds: it's not TERRIBLE, but it is awfully boring...

kimair, thank you so much for the runway looks and list!! curious to see the other eds now..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->