US Vogue September 2024 : Blake Lively & Hugh Jackman by Baz Luhrmann

They're not satisfied with the horror of Blake's cover, there's a WORSE one with Hugh and her on Baz's Instagram!

But I refuse to post here, you don't deserve this...

The necklace in the hand is so bizarre. It’s on the second cover too, for no clear reason.

I kinda like the OTT of it and how Blake fits it perfectly, the way she’s holding the diamond necklace… it’s gorgeous. and it will look stunning on the stands and in my collection too. it been a while I haven’t bought Vogue US.

The necklace in the hand is so bizarre. It’s on the second cover too, for no clear reason.

The reason couldn’t be more clear, unfortunately. Cartier’s $$$.

I actually don't hate the cover. Maybe standards have been so beaten down that even the most basic/obvious stab at glamour feels welcome.

That said, this would work much better as a Town & Country cover, not Vogue.

Last edited:
The second cover is hideous, looks like a bad composite made with getty images. Blake's hairstyle could have been utilized in a more graphic way by shooting her much closer, complete profile with head forward to get that swan neck pose.

Last edited:
I really don't get the Blake-Hugh-Baz link up? It's so random.

It almost feels like it was supposed to be Nicole Kidman but she bailed out on the last minute so they had to book someone else.

The reason couldn’t be more clear, unfortunately. Cartier’s $$$.

I actually don't hate the cover. Maybe standards have been so beaten down that even the most basic/obvious stab at glamour feels welcome.

That said, this would work much better as a Town & Country cover, not Vogue.
See no, this explains why there is a necklace, but not why there is a necklace awkwardly held in her hand and not around her neck… it’s the bizarre placement I’ve got the beef with.

It’s a heist themed shoot and every photo looks more ridiculous than the previous. What happened to good September covers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->