US Vogue August 2014 : Blake Lively by Mario Testino

Blake Lively may not be much of an actress (I thought she was decent enough on GG and good in The Town, but obviously not something to write home about) but like another poster here mentioned, when did it become a rule that only Oscar winning actresses can be on the cover of Vogue? This isn't Entertainment Weekly or Variety. Acting talent has nothing to do with how much you "deserve" a fashion magazine cover. Blake has a reputation for being a nice person who is easy to work with, so I don't find it shocking that the people over at Vogue choose to work with her. She is a tall, slim, beautiful, a well-known figure, famous for not using a stylist but still (sometimes) wowing on the red carpet. She's endorsed major brands and now she's promoting a new website that most likely will involve fashion. Why is she less "deserving" of a cover than any other random actress or singer with something to promote? And to anyone complaining she doesn't have a film to promote, were you complaining last month when Lupita was on the cover? True, three covers is quite a bit, but she hasn't had one in over 4 years and she must get along well with Anna and I'm sure she has a great publicist. It's not exactly shocking that a well-regarded, very famous, very beautiful, "all-American" type of girl who moves with the right crowd is on the cover of a major fashion magazine. This happens more often than not when the new Vogue cover is revealed every month. We should all relax about something that shouldn't be taken too seriously, imo. A girl you don't care for getting a Vogue cover 4 years after her previous one isn't the end of the world. In a month, there will be someone else on the cover.

Couldn't agree more...but its month after month a pile of complaining posts just for the sake of it....thanks for sharing your point of view

Jessica's picture would make a wonderful cover.

As much as the constant vitriol that gets thrown towards Leibovitz is absolutely deserved, I have to say she has a way of shooting redheads...and that story is ample proof. So many good images, can't decide which one I like most TBH...

Fire Starters is absolutely gorgeous :heart: :shock:. I think I might buy the issue just for this editorial.

The Fire Starters shoot reminds me of Julia Margaret Cameron's work. Wonderful.

Remember when Annie shot Miley in the same setup as Jessica Chastain and the world exploded?!

Me neither. People all over the internet are so over the top and malicious to a girl who has never shown to be anything but sweet. There are many fan encounters with pictures that talk about how sweet she is and people in the industry always have pleasant things to say about her. She has never said anything horrible or extremely offensive. It's crazy that someone people claim is so boring, vanilla and irrelevant can inspire so much intense vitriol. People are so cynical about her too. Is it really that unheard of for a pretty blonde to be into baking and fashion? I mean, really? She's sadly just the go to girl for woman to all collectively hate on and project their insecurities onto tbh...

:rolleyes:
Lol this is a forum. What do you expect? If people find Bland Notsolively utterly boring, that's fine. That's their opinion. It's a forum and people have the right to comment on anything fashion related, whether it's positive or negative. I'm sure you find certain celebs boring without having any valid reasons.

Jessica's shot took my breath away. Wow. The whole ed is spectacular.

After reading some comments, I find the fact that people believe that Blake is this is type of women that regular person might compare themselves unfavourably utterly depressing. She's a bland blonde, not even uncommonly beautiful, and not particularly talented, what is there to be "insecure" or "jealous" about? Contrary to popular opinion, i could bet some people participating in this forums and far more beautiful and certainly way more accomplished.

Last edited by a moderator:
We get it Grace Coddington, you love your redheaded tribe. As beautiful as this is, it's also quite exhausted from her.

As others have said, this magazine is long overdue for some diversity in every way/shape/form.

:rolleyes:
Lol this is a forum. What do you expect? If people find Bland Notsolively utterly boring, that's fine. That's their opinion. It's a forum and people have the right to comment on anything fashion related, whether it's positive or negative. I'm sure you find certain celebs boring without having any valid reasons.

Lol no one said you can't find her boring so stop victimizing yourself :rolleyes: Why would anyone think she's interesting? My point is that the hate for Blake stems far beyond she's "boring" like I said... :flower: There's a reason she's one of like two celebrities that has to have a rules post on her style thread.

Anyway this conversation is stale.

After reading some comments, I find the fact that people believe that Blake is this is type of women that regular person might compare themselves unfavourably utterly depressing. She's a bland blonde, not even uncommonly beautiful, and not particularly talented, what is there to be "insecure" or "jealous" about? Contrary to popular opinion, i could bet some people participating in this forums and far more beautiful and certainly way more accomplished.

This. I hate the cries of "jealousy!" because I can name tons of women I envy, and none of them are Blake Lively :smile: Now, Natalie Portman, Christy Turlington, Penelope Cruz, hell, even Leighton Meester and Shakira...them I definitely envy!

I love the cover, she may not be THAT of an actress, BUT she loves FASHION...

°She does not have a stylist, she pick her outfit herself because she wants to (fashion magazine anyone?)
°She was the face of Chanel
°Gucci girl
°Lóreal girl
°Karl, Louboutin, Frida and Kors lovs her
°She was THE one to watch at Cannes... and she was not promoting any movie!

Blake IS involved with fashion. An that is all that she needs to be on a fashion magazine cover!

i agree with all points stated here.

yet and still, what was not addressed in these valid points was age. she's far too young to be on this cover. that's the fun in seeing these age covers. it's someone who has seemingly defied age and it's industry restrictions. there could have been other celebrities or (dare i say for american vogue) an actual model. how much longer will we have to wait before we see another model on the cover? or maybe a dope group model cover? same argument, same annoyance from month-to-month. the cover isn't bad though, just don't think it is true to the theme of "age". assuming they are speaking about youth, if even for this ONE issue throughout the cataloged year.

Fire Starters

Photographer : Annie Leibovitz
Style : Grace Coddington
Models/Celebs : Julianne Moore & Liv Freundlich (her daughter), Jessica Chastain, Domnhall Gleeson, Amy Adams, Karen Elson, Madison Stubbington, and Florence Welch

fashionscansremarstered.net

Damn, this is so awesome!! Would have been even better if Grace had included herself!! Thank you so much for posting!!

Mixed Media

Photographer : Mikael Jansson
Style: Tabitha Simmons
Models: Fei Fei Sun & Liu Wen

fashionscansremarstered.net

Saw an extra image on tumblr. Is this in the mag?

http://photocouture-show.com/

Redhead editorial is really pretty. As for the cover story...is it September yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->