US Vogue August 2014 : Blake Lively by Mario Testino

Oh man, I can definitely skip this one. Although, I love Domhnall Gleeson so much and if you add in Amy and Jessica, Fire Starters is the only feature I'm really interested in this month.

'Fire Starters' sounds really interesting. Also looking forward to Jansson's ed.

Celeb: Take a big guess.....

Models/Celebs: Julianne Moore & Liv Freundlich (her daughter), Jessica Chastain, Domnhall Gleeson, Amy Adams, Karen Elson, Lily Cole, and Florence Welch

Celeb: Chitose Abe

Celeb: Tina Barney

Celeb: Hadeel Ibrahim

Celeb: Annabelle Sellfdorf

Celebs: Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon

Celebs: Annamarie Tendler & John Mulaney

Celeb: Olivia "The Fake Gamer" Munn

:rolleyes:

And the three models are equally boring.

It's not my style at all, but it looks ok, not fantastic..

What a sad review that is!! Sounds like the ultimate throwaway issue, and i usually enjoy their Age issues!

As much as I dislike Blake, this is a beautiful cover. I really love the whole country-ish styling throughout the editorial, there are some gorgeous photos inside.

The review sounds dull as dishwater but it's very telling that MAS is contributing to US Vogue again...clearly no more W for her, which makes me wonder if she wasn't simply lured away from Vogue a couple of years back...or maybe I'm looking too much into things :lol:.

Looking forward to a few of the edits, but overall, sounds pretty lackluster. Once again, Anna is holding off on the "good stuff" for September. I put that in quotes because US Vogue has yet to deliver a worthy September issue in some time.

Is everyone here done complaining about Blake/Anna/Testino? Cuz it's now time that we focus our disdain on this month's content.

#8 - Surf And Surf (4 pg)
PH: Eric Boman
Celeb: A tasty lobster (Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top and Spam)

Is this the best issue ever or what?!?

Oh my! :lol: :rofl:

After reading the review I'm still only really looking forward to the Fire Starters editorial, its got a great cast of ginger celebrities. Sounds like it could be really beautiful.

Totally agree, the likes of Shailene Woodley are really taking the star out of hollywood star. I miss the days when the likes of Marilyn Monroe and the like could enjoy their stardom

Wasn't Marilyn one of the most unhappy movie star ever ???
Anyway, i'm sure Blake is back on the cover because of she is in the l'Oreal team. They invest a lot of money in magazines like Vogue, so obviously they will push their girls ! They totally do that for Lupita. Advertisers make the lives of fashion editors easier you know :wink:

Mixed Media

Photographer : Mikael Jansson
Style: Tabitha Simmons
Models: Fei Fei Sun & Liu Wen

fashionscansremarstered.net

The Jansson's story is amazing :heart: , the rest is boring, only excites me the redheads editorial.

"Clash Mob"
Model: Caroline Trentini
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Marie-Amélie Sauvé
Hair: Paul Hanlon
Makeup: Linda Cantello

fashionscansremasted.net

Caroline's ed is so US Vogue generic, used to be cute but now it's repetitive and bland.

Jansson is the only one giving life and relevance to this magazine! Gorgeous ed with two of my favorite girls! Fei Fei looks so good! :blush::heart:

^IA about Sims´ed, replace Caroline with Karlie and it´s the sam old same old ed...

Jansson´s ed looks like it´s from Vogue Japan, not because of the models but the vibe is so not US Vogue, which is refreshing :smile:

Caroline's ed is so US Vogue generic, used to be cute but now it's repetitive and bland.

This combination has been repetitive and bland since 2007.

Another terribly dull issue. So glad I can save money for another month.

I do like the subtle retro styling of MAS in 'Clash Mob' and her Almost Famous reference, one of my favorite films of all-time! and as bland as the ed may be Caroline is really workin her wispy new short red do. i love the way that Prada scarf is blowing off the page.

however, in this rare instance, i would've preferred to see a clothes horse celebrity like Chloe Sevingy, (who could probably name every archival influence from this shoot) to really bring these clothes to life with more aplomb and attitude!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->