US Vogue September 2024 : Blake Lively & Hugh Jackman by Baz Luhrmann

Guess we are in another cycle of trying to make Blake Lively a big movie star with Vogues covers, cameos in her husband's movies and him saying they couldn't afford her fee. All this when her last leading movie lost 44 million at the box office.

They really keep throwing her at the wall until one narrative sticks despite all the propping up and opportunities that she has got.

Don't forget her new haircare line.

Blake's hair is the best thing about her, but it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone wants Blake's hair.

Indeed. Missed opportunity to at least get Annie on board, though she can be hit-or-miss these days. Annie did a Hitchcock shoot for Vanity Fair, years ago. This photo with Scarlett Johansson and Javier Bardem shows the potential. It’s a more literal take, but more compelling than what Baz has done here.

View attachment 1293932
Pinterest
this photo is by Norman Jean Roy and refers to the film ". this one is to "catch a thief
Indeed. Missed opportunity to at least get Annie on board, though she can be hit-or-miss these days. Annie did a Hitchcock shoot for Vanity Fair, years ago. This photo with Scarlett Johansson and Javier Bardem shows the potential. It’s a more literal take, but more compelling than what Baz has done here.

View attachment 1293932
Pinterest
this photo is by Norman Jean Roy and refers to the film "Rear Window"... this one is to catch a thief ⏬⏬⏬⏬

47308cc615decad47c66f975368d85b0.jpg

Reactions: KoV
I love it! It reminds me of that September mock cover from The Cover Challenge with Indya Moore four years ago.

this photo is by Norman Jean Roy and refers to the film ". this one is to "catch a thief

this photo is by Norman Jean Roy and refers to the film "Rear Window"... this one is to catch a thief ⏬⏬⏬⏬

View attachment 1293998

Haha now why was I convinced Annie did that shoot?

I still prefer the Scarlett/Javier photo to the Gwyneth/RDJ one, though. Better film inspiration, better actors, better photo.

Hugh looks gorgeous.

The covers are the usual lame Anna aesthetics.

Ok, the second cover suggest a narrative which I like and it's the best.

Last edited:
Why did I think it was another special digital issue at first
I'm not mad at Blake, it's fine but the bar is so tragically low nowadays

I like it, especially the first one, Blake looks gorgeous 💖

Both of the covers are stunning. I love all the glamour, elegance, and the hair! The cover photographs take me back in time, especially, the pages of American Vogue in the 1960's. I particularly love the profile shot of Lively the most. It will be a hard choice to choose from if both covers appear on the newsstand.

Last edited:
I really don't get the Blake-Hugh-Baz link up? It's so random.

It almost feels like it was supposed to be Nicole Kidman but she bailed out on the last minute so they had to book someone else.
TLDR

Hugh is friends with Baz (Hugh starred in Baz' movie Australia)

Baz is friends with Anna and Vogue

Hugh is promoting Deadpool with Ryan Reynolds

Blake is also in Deadpool and promoting the Colleen Hoover book-turned-movie It Ends With Us

Blake is also promoting her new haircare line at Target

I like the editorial! it’s photoshopped to hell and back but so is every single editorial on a fashion magazine from i-D to Marie Claire.
all of the pictures are great and both photographed well.

I’m curious to see the rest of the content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arshdaddy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->