US Vogue - The Cover Archive

I actually liked most of their covers this year. The worst for me was Lena Dunham, and the best Amy, the models and Rihanna. I like Rihanna's shot only because it's an odd pose for them.

I don't understand why not wait a little more and to have the December cover in high quality, so we can have a better file covers

I don't understand why not wait a little more and to have the December cover in high quality, so we can have a better file covers

You can always repost the cover and say "HQ" :flower::rolleyes:

There's not a really unfortunate cover among them, but most, if not all, of them are missing something.

I like Cate's, Rihanna's, Lupita's and Amy's the most.

2014 was an AWFUL year for US Vogue, nothing stands out almost, Lupita's cover is the only cool one.

My favorite from 2014 is Blake Lively's because it had everything going for it, from text placement to the styling of the whole shoot. The September with the models comes close second and then gotta' hand it to Anna Wintour for giving Natalia Vodianova a solo cover this year. Bravo!

I was disappointed with how Charlize Theron's turned out, same goes for Lupita Nyong'o on July's cover. I'm afraid Lupita's presence on Vogue fell completely flat for me, no buzz surrounding the occasion or nothing!

I think Natalia cover look more "holiday" & would have made a better December cover. So I would have liked it better if Amy Adams was November

January: Sienna Miller by Mario Testino
February: Dakota Johnson by Mario Testino
March: Karlie Kloss & Taylor Swift by Mikael Jansson
April: Serena Williams by Annie Leibovitz
May: Carey Mulligan by Mikael Jansson
June: Amanda Seyfried by Mario Testino
July: Cara Delenvigne by Patrick Demarchelier
August: Nicole Kidman by Patrick Demarchelier
September: Beyoncé by Mario Testino
October: Lupita Nyong'o by Mert & Marcus
November: Angelina Jolie by Annie Leibovitz
December: Jennifer Lawrence by Mikael Jansson

wearesodroee.com & vogue.com

My forgotten favourite is May with Carey Mulligan, followed by March with Karlie and Taylor. Seeing 2015's covers together is rather underwhelming, isn't it!

Carey's cover.... everyone else, go home.

Wow what a bad year for US Vogue. It's like they didn't even try this year. Angelina's is the least looking US Vogue cover. It doesn't scream their identity. AND My goodness, Cara's and Nicole's cover looks the same! The hair...

So much needs to be done:
1. Art direction needs to be uniform. The old one worked, I don't get why they're trying to experiment with the smaller fonts + bigger spaces + that Didot font.

2. Better cover shots please. This year seemed to have tons of weird / awkward cover shots (Jan, Feb, Aug, Sept, Dec)

3. This must be the year of the photoshop! Feb, July, Aug, Nov, Dec...

June with Amanda is my fave, but January and May are okay too.
September and October are possibly the worst.

Jansson's covers are the best, followed by Demarchelier.
Testino and Leibovitz... all so boring or ugly. Where's McDean? Sims? Lindbergh?

Last edited by a moderator:
2015 had good cover stars, but bad cover images! Also I'm sick of seeing the RED VOGUE so many times a year. They need to retire it for awhile.

The best are April, October and December. The worst hands down is September and February. Mario ruined those covers. March and November are okay.

I say less Mario and more Mikael and Mert & Marcus.

If I had to pick, I like March, June and October the best. Though I must say that each and every month's cover was super under-whelming for me. In many cases, they had great cover subjects, but everything about the cover looked horrible (cases in point November and now December).

God, this was a bad year for them! Carey's is by far the best, followed by Nicole and Sienna. Serena, and from Beyonce onwards looks terribly, terribly bad. I couldnt believe they dared to publish Serena's cover like that - has to be the worst of the lot. And the fonts on Angelina's cover is different. Why?

Such a bad year!
It reflect the state of current fashion...totally boring.
Jansson is the best addition to US VOGUE. His covers have the best compositions. I liked the Taylor x Karlie cover the most. The clothes are vibrant and the natural feel of the shot looks very US VOGUE.

I really think that it's time for Testino & Leibovitz to shoot less covers for them. Meisel had the most memorable/talked about ed of the entire year so, a cover from him would be appreciated.

January: Alicia Vikander by David Sims
February: Ben Stiller & Penélope Cruz by Annie Leibovitz
March: Adele by Annie Leibovitz
April: Rihanna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
May: Taylor Swift by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
June: Margot Robbie by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
July: Amy Schumer by Annie Leibovitz
August: Gigi Hadid & Ashton Eaton by Mario Testino
September: Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
October: Lupita Nyong'o by Mario Testino
November: Emma Stone by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
December: Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

fashiongonerogue, vogue.com, stylecaster

Best: Lupita and Michelle. Hands down. They both really stood out
Worst: Taylor Swift and Amy Schumer. Tie.

Mert & Marcus got 5 covers for this year! And almost all of them were bad (Except Margot's)

Best cover is Lupita's for sure. I also really like Alicia's and Margot's.
Worst: Amy Schumer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->