US Vogue - The Cover Archive

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by jakeee, May 20, 2007.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Amy Schumer had the worst cover, no redeeming factor whatsoever! She's closely followed by Penelope, Taylor, Rihanna imo. The best for me is Alicia, Kendall, Lupita, and Michelle. Alicia looked so radiant on her cover. Also love that with most of these one could actually see the fashion, no close-ups. 5 out of the 12 women booked their first US Vogue cover this year, Penelope is the one with the most this year. I was hoping to see Renee sometime, no such luck, it seems.

2. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Not a bad year for US Vogue, at all.

January with Alicia is still her best cover for me, boy is that girl not a cover star! Lupita is just stunning, once again, and Michelle is perfect for December! But i also liked Rihanna's and Adele's. In fact the only two i really hate are Amy & Emma! But without a doubt Emma's takes the cake! Just bad, akward cover image, with terrible art direction, and the "vote" bit is silly!

Her expression is, i guess, more poingnant now, yet i stil find it stupid!

Testino only shot two covers though, wow! I remember years when he would shoot almost all covers, damn!

3. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

Thank you Vogue for listening to me. Lol. Less Red Vogue masthead and more Mert and Marcus.

This year is a STEP UP from last year cover images for sure. A solid year.

Worst: HANDS DOWN Amy Schumer. Waste of a cover.

Best: Rihanna, Alicia and Michelle and Lupita.

4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Literally burst out laughing as I read this! So witty.

I would like to know how the three poor selling women's (Rihanna, Taylor and Emma) covers performed this year.

5. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

Quite a boring year for US Vogue. I also think the cover subjects were absolutely boring. And way too much Mert & Marcus. They're too trashy for US Vogue.

The worst is Amy's, the best Lupita's and Margot's. I liked Michelle's cover as well because it made me feel emotional.

6. artemovartem

artemovartem Well-Known Member

January: Ruth Negga by Mario Testino
    February: Dakota Johnson by Patrick Demarchelier
    March: Liu Wen, Ashley Graham, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Imaan Hammam, Adwoa Aboah & Vittoria Ceretti by Inez and Vinoodh
    April: Selena Gomez by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
    May: Katy Perry by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
    June: Elle Fanning by Annie Leibovitz
    July: Zendaya by Mario Testino
    August: Gigi Hadid & Zayn Malik by Inez & Vinoodh
    September: Jennifer Lawrence by Annie Leibovitz, Bruce Weber, Inez & Vinoodh, Rob McKeever
    October: Rooney Mara by Annie Leibovitz
    November: Daisy Ridley by Mario Testino
    December: Meryl Streep by Annie Leibovitz

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

7. artemovartem

+1 Special Subscriber December Cover with Imaan Hammam and Pharrell Williams

[​IMG]
    vogue.com

8. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

That Zendaya cover is so good! It might be my favorite cover from 2012 to now. It's so simple but at the same time striking, grown up and very fashion. It really looks like a moment.
    Testino's best cover in a long time.

9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Can I just start off by zaying that I hate the font they started using Dakota's cover. And seeing all of it on here, the incoherence is bothersome.

They gave six of the covers to new faces this year, which is a lot when you think of it. I hope they translated into sales at least. Otherwise well be back to Reese, Nicole, Gwyneth, Sienna covers next year! I'm highly supportive of their new casting direction because it's not done in an ID way. Ruth Negga had the best cover for me, followed by Daisy, Elle, Zendaya and Selena. The worst for me is Katy, Gigi & Zayn, and Jennifer Lawrence by Bruce Weber and the artist.

10. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

My favorite has to be Jlaw by Annie because it's a classic US Vogue cover and Ruth because it just looks so fresh. I also liked Selena because it has some sex appeal to it. The rest are not that good.

11. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

They really tried a lot of new things this year. Besides Dakota and Katy, this year was pretty good. Selena's cover is my favorite.

12. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Actually a very good year for US Vogue, i like most of the covers. I truly hope the new faces sold well, so Wintour might keep it going. And i have to give kudos to Anna for really making her Vogue more inclusive. The last few years, it truly does feel like she has embraced diversity America has to offer, and i love that she been using more female photographers. Once she bowes out, she will leave on a much better footing than Shulman.

My favorite covers are; Daisy, just a fantastic cover, and I am no SW fan. March with the models, Zendaya and Lawrence. But Elle was also stunning, and Lawrence is the old, good kinda feel Vogue cover, it felt "grand".

Dakota, Katy, and Rooney covers were just awful!

13. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

True! I hate diversity for the sake of diversity, because that is also problematic. Anna's not filling quotas here. The women she chose for the cover are all culturally relevant.

14. artemovartem

January: Lupita Nyong'o by Mikael Jansson
    February: Serena Williams by Mario Testino
    March: Alicia Vikander by Steven Klein
    April: Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
    May: Amal Clooney by Annie Leibovitz
    June: Rihanna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
    July: Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
    August: Saoirse Ronan by Jamie Hawkesworth
    September: Beyoncé by Tyler Mitchell
    October: Lady Gaga by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
    November: Claire Foy by David Sims
    December: Emily Blunt by Annie Leibovitz

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue

15. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

The best cover is Gisele, followed by august and September. The rest is pure trash

Blayne266 likes this.
  16. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

My top 3 are: Emily, Beyoncé -with the flowers- and Gaga.
    The worst: Lupita -that akward pose is a "choice"-, Claire and Rihanna -looks like an outake to me-.

17. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I know people hated her cover, but Lupita's is on my faves. So was the Kendall, 2nd Beyonce, and Emily covers. BUut the best of the lost is Saiorse, without a doubt. Love everything about it. And now I see that each and every cover have a different backdrop, pose, colours, regardless of how bad they were. That's at least commendable.

Selena and Amal's covers belonged on US Weekly, Claire's is downright ugly and actually looks like British Vogue cover under Alexandra. And way too many repeats.

18. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

What a tragic year! I mean, there were averagely ok covers like June, August, September; but not a single one with that Vogue magic.

19. jal718

jal718 Well-Known Member

Seeing them all is depressing, Gisele was the best but her's wasn't that great

20. SLFC

SLFC Well-Known Member

Really only like Jan, June, July, and August. Underwhelming year.