US Vogue - The Cover Archive

Amy Schumer had the worst cover, no redeeming factor whatsoever! She's closely followed by Penelope, Taylor, Rihanna imo. The best for me is Alicia, Kendall, Lupita, and Michelle. Alicia looked so radiant on her cover. Also love that with most of these one could actually see the fashion, no close-ups. 5 out of the 12 women booked their first US Vogue cover this year, Penelope is the one with the most this year. I was hoping to see Renee sometime, no such luck, it seems.

Not a bad year for US Vogue, at all.

January with Alicia is still her best cover for me, boy is that girl not a cover star! Lupita is just stunning, once again, and Michelle is perfect for December! But i also liked Rihanna's and Adele's. In fact the only two i really hate are Amy & Emma! But without a doubt Emma's takes the cake! Just bad, akward cover image, with terrible art direction, and the "vote" bit is silly!

Her expression is, i guess, more poingnant now, yet i stil find it stupid!

Testino only shot two covers though, wow! I remember years when he would shoot almost all covers, damn!

2015 had good cover stars, but bad cover images! Also I'm sick of seeing the RED VOGUE so many times a year. They need to retire it for awhile.

The best are April, October and December. The worst hands down is September and February. Mario ruined those covers. March and November are okay.

I say less Mario and more Mikael and Mert & Marcus.

Thank you Vogue for listening to me. Lol. Less Red Vogue masthead and more Mert and Marcus.

This year is a STEP UP from last year cover images for sure. A solid year.

Worst: HANDS DOWN Amy Schumer. Waste of a cover.

Best: Rihanna, Alicia and Michelle and Lupita.

Her expression is, i guess, more poingnant now, yet i stil find it stupid!

Literally burst out laughing as I read this! So witty.

I would like to know how the three poor selling women's (Rihanna, Taylor and Emma) covers performed this year.

Quite a boring year for US Vogue. I also think the cover subjects were absolutely boring. And way too much Mert & Marcus. They're too trashy for US Vogue.

The worst is Amy's, the best Lupita's and Margot's. I liked Michelle's cover as well because it made me feel emotional.

January: Ruth Negga by Mario Testino
February: Dakota Johnson by Patrick Demarchelier
March: Liu Wen, Ashley Graham, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Imaan Hammam, Adwoa Aboah & Vittoria Ceretti by Inez and Vinoodh
April: Selena Gomez by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
May: Katy Perry by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
June: Elle Fanning by Annie Leibovitz
July: Zendaya by Mario Testino
August: Gigi Hadid & Zayn Malik by Inez & Vinoodh
September: Jennifer Lawrence by Annie Leibovitz, Bruce Weber, Inez & Vinoodh, Rob McKeever
October: Rooney Mara by Annie Leibovitz
November: Daisy Ridley by Mario Testino
December: Meryl Streep by Annie Leibovitz

vogue.com

+1 Special Subscriber December Cover with Imaan Hammam and Pharrell Williams

vogue.com

That Zendaya cover is so good! It might be my favorite cover from 2012 to now. It's so simple but at the same time striking, grown up and very fashion. It really looks like a moment.
Testino's best cover in a long time.

Can I just start off by zaying that I hate the font they started using Dakota's cover. And seeing all of it on here, the incoherence is bothersome.

They gave six of the covers to new faces this year, which is a lot when you think of it. I hope they translated into sales at least. Otherwise well be back to Reese, Nicole, Gwyneth, Sienna covers next year! I'm highly supportive of their new casting direction because it's not done in an ID way. Ruth Negga had the best cover for me, followed by Daisy, Elle, Zendaya and Selena. The worst for me is Katy, Gigi & Zayn, and Jennifer Lawrence by Bruce Weber and the artist.

My favorite has to be Jlaw by Annie because it's a classic US Vogue cover and Ruth because it just looks so fresh. I also liked Selena because it has some sex appeal to it. The rest are not that good.

They really tried a lot of new things this year. Besides Dakota and Katy, this year was pretty good. Selena's cover is my favorite.

Actually a very good year for US Vogue, i like most of the covers. I truly hope the new faces sold well, so Wintour might keep it going. And i have to give kudos to Anna for really making her Vogue more inclusive. The last few years, it truly does feel like she has embraced diversity America has to offer, and i love that she been using more female photographers. Once she bowes out, she will leave on a much better footing than Shulman.

My favorite covers are; Daisy, just a fantastic cover, and I am no SW fan. March with the models, Zendaya and Lawrence. But Elle was also stunning, and Lawrence is the old, good kinda feel Vogue cover, it felt "grand".

Dakota, Katy, and Rooney covers were just awful!

And i have to give kudos to Anna for really making her Vogue more inclusive. The last few years, it truly does feel like she has embraced diversity America has to offer!

True! I hate diversity for the sake of diversity, because that is also problematic. Anna's not filling quotas here. The women she chose for the cover are all culturally relevant.

January: Lupita Nyong'o by Mikael Jansson
February: Serena Williams by Mario Testino
March: Alicia Vikander by Steven Klein
April: Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
May: Amal Clooney by Annie Leibovitz
June: Rihanna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
July: Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
August: Saoirse Ronan by Jamie Hawkesworth
September: Beyoncé by Tyler Mitchell
October: Lady Gaga by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
November: Claire Foy by David Sims
December: Emily Blunt by Annie Leibovitz

vogue

My top 3 are: Emily, Beyoncé -with the flowers- and Gaga.
The worst: Lupita -that akward pose is a "choice"-, Claire and Rihanna -looks like an outake to me-.

I know people hated her cover, but Lupita's is on my faves. So was the Kendall, 2nd Beyonce, and Emily covers. BUut the best of the lost is Saiorse, without a doubt. Love everything about it. And now I see that each and every cover have a different backdrop, pose, colours, regardless of how bad they were. That's at least commendable.

Selena and Amal's covers belonged on US Weekly, Claire's is downright ugly and actually looks like British Vogue cover under Alexandra. And way too many repeats.

What a tragic year! I mean, there were averagely ok covers like June, August, September; but not a single one with that Vogue magic.

Seeing them all is depressing, Gisele was the best but her's wasn't that great

Really only like Jan, June, July, and August. Underwhelming year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->