V #63 January/February 2010 : Dakota Fanning & Gabourey Sidibe by Inez & Vinoodh

Hmm...I thought there were supposed to be two covers: Dakota and Gabby (Precious). Well I was 50% right at the very least.

I love the cover. Dakota Fanning looks incredible, and I never really thought I'd hear myself say that. :lol:

ETA: Apparently, I'm the only one who likes the cover. And for those wondering why she's on a "size" issue...perhaps because she's so short? It's not all weight related.

Last edited by a moderator:
the cover is awful , they have done the same kind of covers for the past few months
the hair is beyond awful

i really hope there is a second cover because this one is...:ninja:

i completely agree with luxx...
the styling seems expected to me...why are the models all in tight clothing?
why couldn't there have been more of the goddess-y gowns and separates featured, the ones we'll probably see in the march issue of vogue or bazaar?

i appreciate v making the effort and hopefully more magazines will step up & do this beyond the annual "size issues" (i know glamour is one that is) but i think we've all seen real women that aren't model thin wearing clothes from the runway and they look fabulous...

Hate Dakota's hair as well. But I do love Barrio Gotico editorial so much, how lovely they shot it in Barcelona :heart:

Seriously.....WTF?
Celebrating a plus size body by putting a teenager on the cover styled like a sexy grown up woman. Such a lackluster brain behind this crap. Plain stupid! Especially knowing that a cover like this has been done by V&M before using the 10-12 models.

Crystal Renn is a queen!:clap: She desrved that cover!

curves ahead is amazing !!!!!!!!!
something 70s about the girls (or make-up and attitudes and hairs) make them look even more gorgeous than they already are.

i love the nude one (much better than Lara Stone's Love cover ! They should have done this with Lara ! ...) who's that girl ?
and who is the brunette ? are they famous in the "overweight" (? is that what it's called ?) business ?

* i'm really wondering abt retouching in this editorial. their skin look flawless ! their hair too.

iris' editorial is very disappointing. i really like her work. and this one is a big failure in her career. when you thought she could be perfect for that, she absolutely fails !
what's going on w the eyebrow ? lighting ? or just the photographer ?!
* really wonder what's wrong with this sebastian !!!

(
What the hell is Dakota Fanning doing on the cover of the Size Issue
?size issue > little lady ... i feel it makes sense.)

BOYS, i'm waiting an overweight editorial with men. it should work in the Bear World !

I agree Berlin, Iris editorial is the worst. No effort for whatsoever. I also tend to believe that the direction they went for is totally wrong! The cover doesn't reflect the content nor does the content reflect a cohesiveness.

I don't like the cover that much. Eds are stunning

Hmm...I thought there were supposed to be two covers: Dakota and Gabby (Precious). Well I was 50% right at the very least.

I love the cover. Dakota Fanning looks incredible, and I never really thought I'd hear myself say that. :lol:

ETA: Apparently, I'm the only one who likes the cover. And for those wondering why she's on a "size" issue...perhaps because she's so short? It's not all weight related.

You're not actually...for some reason I find this a very appealing cover. Maybe it's the pose or the look in her eyes. And I am not really a fan of Dakota at all. I find her very annoying actually...but then again I have never seen her act past her 12th birthday :wink:

The Solve ed is great I think. I do agree however with whoever said in the Cover Rumor Thread that those bikinis are not always flattering to their bodies. The blueish/grey one that looks all wrinkled up=not pretty. Their bodies are glorious though! The naked girl laying on the floor...she makes a beautiful shot. I also agree that it would have been even more refreshing to see them in more high fashion stuff instead of just bikinis, denim and bodices. Still I think it's a great ed.

“DOLL PARTS” by V Magazine

Supermodel Natasha Poly is shot by Glen Luchford for the upcoming V MAGAZINE (issue #63).

Inspired purely by Hole front woman Courtney Love, Natasha sports textured bustiers, kilts, petticoats and headpieces constructed of toys throughout the spread. Although the release date has yet to be announced, “Nobody’s Daughter,” the fourth studio album by Hole, is set for release later this month.
The self-made, rough-and-tumble glamour of Courtney Love couldn’t feel more of-the-moment. In an ode to the queen of grunge, whose album is out this month, supermodel Natasha Poly piles on the ruffles, prints, and girlish fineries of spring

Credits
Photographs by Glen Luchford
Styling by Panos Yiapanis
Modeled by Natasha Poly

Awake-Smile.blogspot.com

Love Natasha's shots, she looks simply stunning! :crush:

Artist Jonathan Horowitz is known for his smart and subversive artworks that comment on fame, politics, pop culture, and society. In an exclusive project for V Magazine, he combines a taste for kitsch vintage figurines with some of the boldest names in the fashion stratosphere to produce a clever send-up of personality and iconography. Coming off a survey exhibition at New York’s P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center, Horowitz is keeping plenty of worthy targets in his crosshairs. Here are a few of his fashion favorites.

Examples include The Olsen Twins, Marc Jacobs, Kanye West, Real Housewives, etc.

Credits: Jonathan Horowitz & V Magazine

Awake-Smile.blogspot.com

I like the dichotomy of the big hair on her small face :smile: given it´s the size issue...
She´s on the cover to promote her new movie The Runaways, it comes out in march.

I quite like the cover! Though I was shocked to read Dakota's name before opening this thread. :lol::D She looks nice on the cover and I think her hair is what makes the cover more appealing and interesting. :smile:

Love Natasha's & Iris' editorials! :heart:^_^

I love Courtney. I love Natasha. I love Burbridge.

That being said, none of these elements makes me think of Hole beyond the title of the editorial. It's gorgeous, but it doesn't feel grunge (sans the hair) and it doesn't feel like part of the "Size Issue." Not that someone's to blame, as the images are ultimately gorgeous (especially that second shot of Poly in all the Marc ruffles).

Quite unexpected to me! I do actually love the cover, she looks very good.
Iris' ed is just bad... Sorry Faena but you can never channel Newton!
I really like Natasha and Jacquelyn on their editorials but I can't say the same about Crystal Renn.
Those girls in Curves Ahead are beautiful but their bodies aren't, IMO. I know this subject is quite difficult but... That's great they feel confortable about themselves.

The Size Issue & you put a 15 year old on the cover? :huh:
I love Natasha's ed and the "Fashion People are People Too" spread is hilarious. Iris' ed is nothing new, though I love the last pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->