V Magazine #146 Spring Preview 2024 : Linda Evangelista by Steven Klein

Linda looks more sick than creepy on Cover 4. Like it but would not buy it.

They're all kind of awful if you ask me. Linda and Steven have both done so much great work, this just isn’t that. What’s the opposite of two queens maximizing their joint slay?

Does anyone know what the inspiration is behind the woman on Cover 3? A specific culture?

I like cover 4 a lot. waiting for the full ed to come out.

at least she doesnt look uncomfortable in any of these. In all her recent appearances, she was lowkey giving me so much anxiety. All the capes, and jackets, coats…she had the death grip on.

I am probably going to get a lot « hate » but Linda's return hasn't been as cool and spectacular as many say it is, in my opinion. Nothing moves me. I get it ... she's an icon and suffered some botching and « misconfiguration », but I am bored of her.

Unbearably dated. Why does everything come across so soulless these days? Fashion jumped the shark a long time ago. We’re living through the industry’s tragic equivalent of box set CD’s of greatest hits being sold on late night infomercials.

That fourth cover shows why she's a super model, Instead of it looking like cosplay it still looks like fashion

Unbearably dated. Why does everything come across so soulless these days? Fashion jumped the shark a long time ago. We’re living through the industry’s tragic equivalent of box set CD’s of greatest hits being sold on late night infomercials.
In this case, however, the boxed-set doesn't even contain the original hits, but poor re-recordings by the original artists and they sound awful (definitely not a Taylor's Version situation).

Thank you as always for posting the HQs @Zorka. Maybe the printed version will flow better, but seeing all the photos together, all I’m left feeling is confusion 😵‍💫, they don't make sense as a story at all.
Same feeling here. There is no flow to the story. I think a few of the images might not have been posted on V's website. Usually, their stories flow pretty well in print.

Same feeling here. There is no flow to the story. I think a few of the images might not have been posted on V's website. Usually, their stories flow pretty well in print.
I hope that’s the case too (more images to be released solely in print or later down the line).

One of the main elements of Steven Klein’s work that’s always drawn me to his photos is the strong cinematic/storytelling approach, building outlandish yet somehow believable scenarios and settings for his characters to inhabit. This is completely absent here, just a mish-mash of old references thrown together.

I want to love this....and I do love elements of it....the hands in the gold cover look like she's waiting on her nails to dry....it's the weakest posing and strange to shoot her from that angle for no reason..
the reality with Linda is that she's done almost every look I can imagine, so she'd inevitably going to get compared to herself and that's rarely flattering with age.....I think if people were not rooting for her from her recent troubles, these would be received poorly...
strangely, I really like the sickly bare faced ones, because I really can rarely think of anything she'd done similar (which probably just explains there's things I have not seen)...as a model, she's a poet who makes images sing....

As much as I dislike Linda's comeback, so much of the problem here is with Steven Klein IMO. I'd much rather take a half-baked editorial by Juergen Teller than a mess like this from Klein (or Walker, for that matter).

Regardless of the finished product, I feel strongly there's always just a cause for outright celebration whenever Linda Evangelista makes an appearance. What a way to start 2024! I'm able to appreciate the fact this is a vast departure from what we've seen recently with Evangelista. I do like the first cover but I much prefer the starkness of the second with the lace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->